Sleeper car , what wheels !!! pics**

-
Here's our sleeper!

11_27_2009.jpg

I likey!:-D

I once had a faded blue paint, rusted out 66 Valiant 2 door with a ragged interior and a roller cam 340, 4 speed, 4:88 rear sure grip that made a believer out of almost whatever it came in contact with. Eventually the left front frame rail broke and it fun while it lasted :)

I once had a faded blue paint, rusted out 66 Valiant 2 door with a ragged interior and a roller cam 340, 4 speed, 4:88 rear sure grip that made a believer out of almost whatever it came in contact with. Eventually the left front frame rail broke and it fun while it lasted :)

Back in 1998. a guy offered me this 120,000-mile (really) '72 Valiant with a tired 318 for $100.00, and I couldn't resist, even though it was the ugliest brown 4-door I'd ever seen.

Now, $$$$ later, it has a Vortech supercharged (10 pounds of boost) 360 Magnum, a worked 904 with a 2,500 rpm converter, a new 4.10-geared 8.75" rear (limited slip), TTI headers and pipes, a new, heavy-duty radiator, no more air-conditioning, 7290 (big) u-joints, Moser axles, a Snowperfformance Boost Cooler meth injector, and an MSD Boostmaster ignition controller.

Still has the ripped front seat, '64 Valiant dog dish hubcaps, and 6" wide steel front wheels (powdercoated black) and 7"-wide powder coated, black steelies in the back... same hubcaps.

Flat hood.

The ugliest brown paint (original) ever applied by Ma Mopar.

Everybody wants to race it.... LOL!!!=P~

Mid 11's at 116.... quarter-mile.

The only trouble is, I acquired a racing partner about 9 months ago, and we decided to build another Valiant; a '64 4-door with a high-boost slant 6, which, if everything goes according to plan (and, when, might I ask, did that ever happen???) should make this brown car look like it's backing up...

We'll see. It's going to be about 800 pounds lighter, with about the same amount of power. Same sleeper look... flat hood 4-door sedan... Built with new supercharger Corvettes in mind... (Hey, wanna run a six-cylinder, automatic 46-year old sedan????)

Here are some pix...

As for the brown car, I have some different wheels for the back for when I take it to the strip... Yeah, the Rustang came in second.... :cheers:

Attachments

• 100_3093-3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 435
  • 100_3096.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 385
  • Valiantpicgood.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 372
  • valleave3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 334
  • valbert1-6.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 355
  • slantsixfred5.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 344
Hey need some info on the alterk front suspention have emailed sevberl times but no reply

:cheers:[/QUOTE said:
Forgot a pic of the engine. Here's three...

Please excuse the wiring....:angry7::angry7:

Attachments

• 100_3266.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 100_3271.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 100_3269.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 330
That aint wire thats a bowl of spagetti!
I'll take the steelie rim sleeper look one step further and wont bother with the dog dish caps. Im just going to use plain black steelies,chrome lugs and thats it. Maybe a metal valve stem.

That aint wire thats a bowl of spagetti!
I'll take the steelie rim sleeper look one step further and wont bother with the dog dish caps. Im just going to use plain black steelies,chrome lugs and thats it. Maybe a metal valve stem.

Guilty as charged.... :angry7:

here´s mine, will get a 408 with 450-480 hp during next year. Of course i will keep this look, will get 15x6.5 wheels in the back instead of the 14x5.5.

Michael

Attachments

• CIMG1522.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 346
Come on Louis, the only one that will fall for your car being a sleeper when it is done will be a blind deaf guy. 12 point cage with the sewer pipe exhaust dumping just beyond the front tire:confused::confused:

Well you may be right, it started its path a little different but has morphed into something else!:-D

In the stage that it was in when the pics were taken I say it qualifies.
Now maybe not!

Come on Louis, the only one that will fall for your car being a sleeper when it is done will be a blind deaf guy. 12 point cage with the sewer pipe exhaust dumping just beyond the front tire:confused::confused:

No kidding! That things as about as sneaky as a sledge hammer in your face. Not that thats a bad thing.:snakeman: Louis your Dart is extremely cool,but nobodies ever gonna mistake it for a sleeper,lol!

If Louis is going to start calling his car a sleeper than I guess I can start calling this my concealed carry firearm.....

Attachments

• IMG_2568.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 326
Yall got some nice sleepers. Mad Dart and "wild" Bill, in Conway, Arkansas has my votes.

Hey need some info on the alterk front suspention have emailed sevberl times but no reply

Who or what are you talking about mate?

Yall got some nice sleepers. Mad Dart and "wild" Bill, in Conway, Arkansas has my votes.QUOTE]

Thanks a lo, Mullinax. I apologize for the lack of pictures on the /6 car, but it is truly a "work in progress" and there's just not much to take pictures of yet. As soon as we get it painted, I'll try to get some posted.

But, it's just a '64 Valiant 4-door sedan; even with a new paint job, it's gonna be no beauty queen... dunno what that 3" downpipe exiting just ahead of the front wheel is gonna do for the "stealth" quotient.... LOL!

Attachments

• slantsixpaint3.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 271
  • slantsixpaint2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 251
  • slantsixpaint.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 245
-
Back