Sleeper car , what wheels !!! pics**

-
I have ralleys up front with welds in the back but I plan to change out to steeles up front with hubs

Attachments

• mopar 007.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 491
Raleigh Rocket....

Imagine it with a pure stock '68 350 or 375hp 440 with quiet mufflers and turndowns, one of which exits about 1 foot forward of the rear bumper.

If you can't beat 'em, the huge burn-outs will sure impress them!

big block stroker slwwper...i love my steelies and dishes

Your close dusterbd.... really close. Your car could actually fall into both categories muscle and sleeper IMHO.

A true sleeper is like Raleigh has pictured or like previously mentioned with wood grain,, lol

Raleigh Rocket....

Imagine it with a pure stock '68 350 or 375hp 440 with quiet mufflers and turndowns, one of which exits about 1 foot forward of the rear bumper.

If you can't beat 'em, the huge burn-outs will sure impress them!

That would be SUH-WEET! I'll get it movin' fast, just need a little time.

I like my ralleys, skinny 14's in front,deep 15's in rear.

I figure there isnt much point in a "sleeper" look around here being that there arent any dusters around let alone many old cars so I figure its already going to be looked at.

so I decided to go with plum crazy purple (still have to do body work and stuff first).

Attachments

• DSCI1119.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 521
my definition : it might not be the bigest sleeper of them all , but let say that we can call it a lil bit of a sleeper cause , my car is a 76 , in 76 the duster ad no wings , no fancy stripes , no nice racing stripes , nothing , and mine is a e58 police-pak package with 19 options ... thats not the fact , the fact is that i swapped the engine for a 92+ magnum crate engine pops out 410 hp and 440 ft-pd torque on the dyno , and im planning to upgrade it to 500 hp and 500 of torque in the next year , new edelbrock heads , ported , new camshaft bigger carb blablabla ...

and the car is verry light , its around 2 800-2900 pounds , fiberglass bumpers ,aluminium bumper brackets , drilled and acid diped drum brakes , fiberglass trunk , rear battery relocated .. light seats ,light dash ...no radio ,

and everything that as chrome on it will be sanblasted and painted flat black or plain jane silver ... i bought march pulleys and im gonna bring them to be sanblasted ... and my m1 intake is painted orange and my magnum valve covers are gone i putted the old vintage one on it ..

so i mean that my car will not be the one that you gonna go see at car-shows , ah!! bof another stock duster , yeah and in 76 they where nothing ... thats what i want !! like said you dont see verry often a white duster with a burgundy vinyl top and a luxurious burgundy interior pushing 500 hp , and going mid 11 seconds right ??for me this car as a little bit of a sleeper in it !!

A sleeper hummm........ A late model ('75-'76) four door Valiant......dog sh*t brown with primer & rust spots, ripped tan interior, aftermarket wood grain molding, and full hubcaps on white wall tires. The kicker.....one of those new 440 small blocks, 5 or 6 speed manual on the floor disgusted (sorry for the butchering of that word) as a 3 speed. The only evidence would be duel exhaust, wider wheels in the back spinning on an 8 3/4 or Dana 60. That would have to be the ultimit sleeper!!!

Oh and it has to ride stock, level hight.

A sleeper hummm........ A late model ('75-'76) four door Valiant......dog sh*t brown with primer & rust spots, ripped tan interior, aftermarket wood grain molding, and full hubcaps on white wall tires. The kicker.....one of those new 440 small blocks, 5 or 6 speed manual on the floor disgusted (sorry for the butchering of that word) as a 3 speed. The only evidence would be duel exhaust, wider wheels in the back spinning on an 8 3/4 or Dana 60. That would have to be the ultimit sleeper!!!

Oh and it has to ride stock, level hight.

Similar to what I am doing.

75 Valiant Custom 4 door GREEN EVERYTHING lol. Stockton steel wheels 8 in wide,with stock hub caps.Turbo slant six with a muffler,single 2.5" exhaust. You will not be able to hear it untill it is too late...wayyyy too late!

Imagine it is 1968 and you come up beside this new Coronet at a light.
Light blue, body color wheels and little hubcaps. Not even a radio in it.

68CoronetNew-1.jpg

Imagine your surprise when you get your a*$ handed to you.
More than a few people fell to the 375hp/440 light metallic blue cop car of my dad's. (My brother and I had already remove 18 inches of left exhaust pipe and put the left turndown back on at an angle so as not to heat up the gas tank.

Body colored steelies and dog dishes turn me on..
Curious.jpg

I would love to have that 4 door Coronet as a daily driver.

What I would do/try is this.....Buy a cheap pair of alum Centerline/Craiger type rims,Have them sandblasted and either paint them black or body color. That way you have a light wheel and still look sleeper.
Just my .02

I'm not sure if I'd be too concerned with unsprung weight on a "straight line" car. I'd go with any factory offered wheel. The poverty cap look obviously screams basic. I'm not sure if it's the best choice for white, though. The full covers are a bit boring for me, although they would definitely convey the image. Everyone thought my car was a sixer before I put the Rallys and RWL's on.

I also agree with everyone about the scoop. But the twin snorkel just looks so damn cool, and these later cars can really use the extra help in the image department. If they were originally offered on the Duster, I'd use one for sure. Still might, who knows?

I like my ralleys, skinny 14's in front,deep 15's in rear.

I figure there isnt much point in a "sleeper" look around here being that there arent any dusters around let alone many old cars so I figure its already going to be looked at.

so I decided to go with plum crazy purple (still have to do body work and stuff first).

That valiant grille looks sweet on your duster. Very unique.

I dont think that qualifies as a sleeper Louis. I had guys wanting to race me all the time,even when it had the 6 in it. I would have to tell them that it was not fast lol!

I dont think that qualifies as a sleeper Louis. I had guys wanting to race me all the time,even when it had the 6 in it. I would have to tell them that it was not fast lol!

Shoot man that is as sleeper as it gets, it qualifies in my book!:-D

It think it qualifies. Looks like an average weekend hobby car, but pop the hood or look at the rear suspension...Surprise!!!

Nothing says sleeper like plain ol' hubcaps.

Attachments

• S6303132.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 378
My sleeper will wake up the neighborhood.

My thoughts are keep those wheels you have and screw some hubcaps on them if you want sleeper

Attachments

• 68 Dart 002 (Small).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 406
-
Back