smoke coming out of valve cover breather

-
Doesn't look good to me. If you have a coolant system tester, pump it up to about 15 lbs and watch it. If the pressure drops you can pull the spark plugs and pump it up repeatedly until water comes from a plug hole. Then start looking for a blown head gasket or cracked head. Good luck

Doesn't look good to me. If you have a coolant system tester, pump it up to about 15 lbs and watch it. If the pressure drops you can pull the spark plugs and pump it up repeatedly until water comes from a plug hole. Then start looking for a blown head gasket or cracked head. Good luck

I thing if it was a head gasket and it was bad enough to push coolent up the cyl, it would hydo lock, or at the least have a bad miss every time it sat and was re started.

I still don't think there is a problem.
you need to get the oil hot, then keep it hot for a hour or so.........After you get the pvc system hooked up and you will be fine.

If it was mine i would do a compression/leak down test first. Just for a piece of mind!:coffee2:

Put an evac system on . Two asperater valve son the headers and two hoses going to the from the covers. Looks like the rings are not sested yet. Recheck your valve adjustment. Exhaust valve not opening will also cause some blowby.

Attachments

• DSCF0092.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCF0094.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 519
Looks like the alt. is loose in the video. Its doing the same as mine when I pushed the head gasket into the motor. A compression and leak down test should be high on the list of whats next.

...........How warm is the engine running...........u need 2 b at 180 2 burn off condensation and at least 20 minutes run time.........kim.........

Hi guys thx for all your comments i just made the compression test, bad that i dont have a leak tester now!

It looks not good what should i do at next?

ae2pzc.jpg

if you dont have a leak down gauge...my guess is that you have a blown head gasket between 4 and 6....

Make sure them valves are closeing! aks #4 #6
I would re check then to make sure there wasn't a gauge malfution!

Hi guys i rechecked the measure thing with my compression and its the same number 4 and 6 is dead i also just checked if the valves are closing and they do, i hate when somebody sell something and he said there is everything ok with this engine im not a bullshiter and so on...

and now i have a engine with problems...

If you pull the valve cover you may be able to see the head gasket pushed into the motor. Look between the oil return holes where the block and head meet. Its a narrow part of the head gasket, and its where I had problems. I would also check the valves as stated. Good luck

Attachments

• blown duster head gaskets resized.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 504
Hi Peter,

sorry to hear that, hope you get this problems sorted out!

I´d remove the passenger side cylinder head and take a look! Would not sleep until this is done!

Let us know what you find out.

Michael

Hi Michel i dont hope that the block is cracked...:sad5:

Now its x-mas coming i dont have time until next week, and believe me i couldnt sleep good the last days, but if there is a big problem i will learn from that, that i shouldnt buy anything just from some pictures and talking with a guy i dont knew...

My friend says if its the head gasket why the smoke come out of the valve covers it would stay in the crankcase he means, for sure i will knew more next week when i take the head off

thx Peter

smoke or blow by can come up thru the cam tunnel......the oil in the heads has to be able to drain back to the crankcase...therefore...the blow by...smoke can come up from the crankcase...

Ah ok thx for the answer, i will hope my best and will see whats my problem soon

Thx Peter

I'm thinking if you hook the pcv up you will get a lot of smoke from the exhaust.

My friend had a motor with very badly worn rings. if you disconnected the pcv it would not smoke from the tail pipe.

I think that somewhere engine compression is getting into the oil. maybe rings or head gasket failure. compression test would be a good place to start.

Hi guys i just put my passender head off, there looks everything fine, the head gasket is like new and the pistions and the block walls looks good too, i will call an engine builder next week maybe the piston rings are the devil?

Thx for all u guys Peter

Flip that head over and add some water to the combustion chamber, if it run thru the valves , you found a problem!

If the engine was built with low tension rings it will do that. I had a highly built ford stroker that did that along with pushing up the dipstick. I had to run a vacuum pump. You can also try running a hose from your valve cover breathers to a fitting in your headers and that may help. I bought a pump ftom JZ motorsports, it worked well.
Good luck,
Jim

That milkshake is no good for the bearings, air can compress. That is aeration or water or both. The water will be boiled out when it gets warmed up, the bubbles should go away too after it gets warm, but you MUST run some sort of crankase ventilation, either intake vacuum or header evacuators, as the water vapor just keeps getting recycled in there. Even a low pressure hose from the Valve cover breather to the low pressure under the air cleaner would help.

Hi guys i just put my passender head off, there looks everything fine, the head gasket is like new and the pistions and the block walls looks good too, i will call an engine builder next week maybe the piston rings are the devil?

Thx for all u guys Peter

Do you by chance mean header and not head? Did you take the cylinder head off? If you did can you take a pic of the gasket and head surface? I find it hard to believe that the gasket is OK. From your compression test I still say its gotta be the gasket pushed into the valley--very common on 4 and 6 for some reason. J.Rob

Do you by chance mean header and not head? Did you take the cylinder head off? If you did can you take a pic of the gasket and head surface? I find it hard to believe that the gasket is OK. From your compression test I still say its gotta be the gasket pushed into the valley--very common on 4 and 6 for some reason. J.Rob

X2
It don't have to be as extream as the head gasket above to have been leaking.

put the head gasket out in the sun and take several pic of it!

Hi guys i also have to say i never run the engine real hot, the oil and water was allways low warm, but when i touched the headers with my fingers all 8 were really hot, that means the engine runs on all cylinders, yes i put the cylinder head of, thx u guys i hope its just the gasket i would smile if its just that

Thx Peter

-
Back