Spot the screw up....

-

Bakerlite

Reaction score

Go on, take a guess where it all went wrong.
Just goes to show how easily this can happen.

Spragg let go, direct drum wound up and grenaded? Should have burned out in second??

I didn't watch it, but I can just imagine.

I watched that one earlier, I'm guessing the spin and hard hook followed by immediately getting on the brakes to stop before the main highway. I'm thinking that was all done with the trans held in manual low.

I don't give a **** where the screw up is. My car is all I want it to be.

Isn't band applied in MANUAL low? If It was left in DRIVE, then against low roller? Probably dinkin around in DRIVE and rolled the sprag.

Watch CRT Racing video on YT he explains it well :wtf: (sorry dont know how to link it) was 3 months ago

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I think it all went wrong when the guy turned up with a big block that couldn't to a 1-2 static burnout without water.
:lol:

At 17:45 if you slow down the play speed to 0.25 you'll see the rear wheels stop spinning but the engine is revving higher for a fraction of a second before the transmission blows up. It looks like the sprag quit holding and 1st gear "disappeared" but the rear clutch is still engaged and rotated the front annulus. The front planetary housing is connected to the output shaft which stops the front planetary housing but the front pinions speed up and in turn speeds up the sun gear and sun shell. The front clutch drum which is connected to the sun shell also gets sped up to the point of failure.

I'd guess he wasn't in manual low on the second burnout and without a manual valve body the car can't start out in second.

Until a few years ago I never knew about Torqueflites, burn outs, and explosions. I did some king sized burn outs with my Mopars but always in manual low. I must have done something right because I never broke a transmission.

Until a few years ago I never knew about Torqueflites, burn outs, and explosions. I did some king sized burn outs with my Mopars but always in manual low. I must have done something right because I never broke a transmission.
Its called living right! :)

Yep, I have always rolled into second and then let off the gas first, but I seem to have learned that 25 years ago from mopar racers at George Rays drag strip

I'm with ya. I can't even begin to recall the absolute stupid **** I've done to a 727 and lived to tell about it......

Or a 904 I am told :thumbsup:
As far as I know,the smaller front drum size helps prevent the drum from exploding if you trash the sprag.
I've overhauled a couple of 904''s with sprag failures and they had no drum issues.
I don't think I've ever heard of one failing in that way either.
But I guess you never know.

already a thread about that idiot.

UTG 727 destruction

I think that one may have been created after this one. So saying there is ''already' one is probably incorrect.
Also, I posted it here in the transmission section, because, obviously it's transmission related.
You want to trash talk Tony, stick to the other thread in general discussion, don't bring it here.

Last edited:
I think that one may have been created after this one. So saying there is ''already' one is probably incorrect.
Also, I posted it here in the transmission section, because, obviously it's transmission related.
You want to trash talk Tony, stick to the other thread in general discussion, don't bring it here.

either way there is two threads going on about that idiot. the other thread was getting more traffic earlier.

either way there is two threads going on about that idiot. the other thread was getting more traffic earlier.
This thread is not intended to be about Tony...can you understand that? Or are you the idiot?
Why don't you just jog back over to that thread and vent your spleen about old Tony, I'm sure you will be happy when you do.

obviously it is with a youtube video of the idiot posted. if it was just a bout a 727 exploding there at thousands of videos about it and probably many threads here about it. not like its anything new.

-
Back