Spring Fling 2017

-
Hey.....im thinking of cruising my 69 Vert Dart to Malibu, BUT I live in San Diego so im thinking of trailering in the Dart and doing the cruise. Is there anyplace to leave my Truck and trailer for the day? In the park? Show my car on Sat.

Hey.....im thinking of cruising my 69 Vert Dart to Malibu, BUT I live in San Diego so im thinking of trailering in the Dart and doing the cruise. Is there anyplace to leave my Truck and trailer for the day? In the park? Show my car on Sat.

Are you staying overnight at the Airtel? They have trailer parking.

Or do you mean between 9am to 3 pm when you get back then check into the hotel?

Contact me at info@cpwclub.com . I think we can work something out during the day.

Is that the hotel of choice? How far to park from there. Thinking of leaving here Friday mornng, get to Woodley park around 9am. Unload Dart, and leave my truck and trailer all day, then load dart and check in to hotel for the night. Is it tough to get reservation?

Last edited:
Is that the hotel of choice? How far to park from there. Thinking of leaving here Friday mornng, get to Woodley park around 9am. Unload Dart, and leave my truck and trailer all day, then load dart and check in to hotel for the night. Is it tough to get reservation?

The Airtel Plaza is the host hotel. It's only 1.8 miles from the show grounds. And one that you can park trailers in. One of the few hotels that has secured gated parking. People hang out in the parking lot and bench race and share some beers.

It will sell out.

The discount rate is $119/night. Parking is $10/car and $22 for trailers.

1-800-airtel www.airtelplaza.com

Discount Code: CP 0406

tell them the block was from April 3rd to April 12

34 guest/rooms booked out of a 42 block. They WILL open up more to the block if available.

I guess the days of $99+tax for the room, free car/trailer parking and free breakfast at the Airtel is a thing of the past. I remember a couple of years of throwing down & renting one of the 3 tiered suites at the end that had the big outdoor patio. I use to sneak/roll my BBQ up the elevator and onto the suite's patio for the big BBQ. Those were good days.

I guess the days of $99+tax for the room, free car/trailer parking and free breakfast at the Airtel is a thing of the past. I remember a couple of years of throwing down & renting one of the 3 tiered suites at the end that had the big outdoor patio. I use to sneak/roll my BBQ up the elevator and onto the suite's patio for the big BBQ. Those were good days.

Yep that was the price we started at nearly 20 years ago.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make it....
IMG_20170217_205626366.jpg

Got rearended parked out in from of the house.... Ouch.

No! What happened?
Car was parked out in front of the house... And Some dude fell asleep while driving home and decided to use my Scamp as a parking stop.... Thank God no body got hurt. Well the scamp might have something to say other wise..

Car was parked out in front of the house... And Some dude fell asleep while driving home and decided to use my Scamp as a parking stop.... Thank God no body got hurt. Well the scamp might have something to say other wise..
Sorry to see that. Hopefully the guy was insured.

Well, you can come out to the show and look for parts to fix it? Or look for a replacement.

Damn Bob......that SUCKS!
Do you remember when that happened to my Corvette back in the 80's.....?
I know how you feel. ...that's horrible. ....

Jeff

Damn Bob......that SUCKS!
Do you remember when that happened to my Corvette back in the 80's.....?
I know how you feel. ...that's horrible. ....

Jeff
Yes I do remember.... I'll let you know how bad it is, when i hear from the insurance company... :)

I found this Spring Fling business card tucked in between my tire/rim on my Dart when I came home. Good looking out!
IMG_20170310_141427.jpg

I found this Spring Fling business card tucked in between my tire/rim on my Dart when I came home. Good looking out!
View attachment 1715026558

I put it there this afternoon wedged between the trim ring and rim on the passenger rear!

I was going to lay it on the car cover, but thought it would blow away.

At about 1:30-1:45pm. Must have just missed you.

So have you registered for the show?

I put it there this afternoon wedged between the trim ring and rim on the passenger rear!

I was going to lay it on the car cover, but thought it would blow away.

So have you registered for the show?
Ha! That's awesome. Did you know it was me? I am going on the first day. No show for me. She's nice driver quality. Thanks for the card.

-
Back