Spring Fling 2017

-
Ha! That's awesome. Did you know it was me? I am going on the first day. No show for me. She's nice driver quality. Thanks for the card.

I had no idea. But I spotted the rally rims and looked like a 67-76 dart or 70-76 duster/demon/dart sport under the cover

All cars welcome on Sunday too; drivers, works in progress, modifiers, beaters, whatever. Don't have to be judged. But you might be surprised.

All those AutoX guys are the same... Looking for Racing secrets!!!! Bahahahahahahaha... You got carded !!! Lol... Have a great time guy's... I dont think I'm going to make it this go round... But you never know...

Bobs Turbo phone 2016 5 124.jpg

I'm sort of undecided if I want to enter the Duster this year. My son works and it's his daily driver. But, would be cool to hang out anyway.

Yep that was the price we started at nearly 20 years ago.

Yes, I remember those days well ... and they were good days. I don't mind the incremental increases in the room rate over the years but was hoping they would at least throw a bone and include a breakfast voucher or free parking. I realize that there may not be as many rooms being booked by out-of-town show participants (which sometimes leads to a slightly weaker negotiating position). Ehh ... the times they are a changing.

Just booked my room... staying at the Best Western right across the FWY from the park. Won't be getting into town until Saturday Afternoon/Evening. Anything happening that night? Plan on attending the show on Sunday and then taking the family to Universal Studios on Monday.

Also, didn't see it on the site... what's the admission price for walk-ins? Are there parking fees? First time at this show so pardon the questions...

Also, didn't see it on the site... what's the admission price for walk-ins? Are there parking fees? First time at this show so pardon the questions...

There's no price for admission unless you're registering a vehicle for show. Parking can be tough to find sometimes, I get there early to find parking in the parking lot or on the street or just register my Duster and park it in the show.

If you're looking to score parts in the Swapmeet, then I suggest getting there super early like 7 am or so.

There's no price for admission unless you're registering a vehicle for show. Parking can be tough to find sometimes, I get there early to find parking in the parking lot or on the street or just register my Duster and park it in the show.

If you're looking to score parts in the Swapmeet, then I suggest getting there super early like 7 am or so.

Thanks that's good to know. Most of the big shows around here at least charge for parking, some for parking and admission :( I'd love to score parts but since we're just bringing the familymobile and not the truck I'm not too worried about missing out on anything. Kinda hard to bring a new hood 400 miles back on the top of a Mazda CX-9. But, on second thought, I could probably figure it out!

I'm really just there to drool over some nice iron, meet some like minded people and have some fun!

We try to keep prices down as much as possible to help the enthusiast. We are a mopar club that hosts the show that are mopar car owners just like you.

The swap meet is what I would car a "Fair Chance Swap"

We do not have a special swap "setup" day. Swapper line up Saturday morning first come first served and the entry gate opens at 7:00 am sharp.

All other swaps of this size have a setup day that result in swappers buying up all the good deals before regular spectators even get a chance. Most of the time reselling them in their spot the next day.

Get there 6:45 or so to get situated and parked.

Might want to hook up with someone near you bringing a truck if you are looking for big stuff. This is the biggest Mopar swap west of the Mississippi. People come from all over the world to buy parts here.

img_0031-jpg.1714808725.jpg

img_0230-jpg.1714808726.jpg

img_0129-jpg.1714808730.jpg

img_0049-jpg.1714808732.jpg

img_0050-jpg.1714808733.jpg

Here's some pics of things I've bought over the last couple shows.

Decent deals??
Did I do OK??

ff15stevebought1sm-jpg.1714851194.jpg

img_7709c-jpg.1714763029.jpg

Last edited:
This is the current Sponsor and Midway Vendor list. Some still have not registered up yet.
Call these vendors ahead of the show, make an order, and save on expensive shipping costs. Shipping costs nowadays can be 10%,20%, or more of the price of a parts.

Take advantage of the discounts!!

Spring Fling Show Sponsors

TTI Exhaust

Just Dashes

Laysons Restoration Parts

Mr Moparts

Stephens Performance

Classic Industries

Herbs Parts

Rydell Chrysler Dodge Jeep

Autowebworx

Midway

Glen Ray Radiators
California Car Cover
Chrysler Power
Gear Vendors
Glendora Chrysler Jeep Dodge - Direct Connection
Legendary Auto Interiors
Mopar Collectors Guide Magazine
Motech Performance
The Mopar Shop
ABC Moparts

I have never understood car shows....
They charge the people who build the cars to display the cars in their show...but the spectators attend for free? That's like making the football players pay to play, but the audience gets to watch for free.

Not to mention, they wouldn't even have a car show without our cars.....

Jeff

Last edited:
Someone has to pay for the venue. If you charge the spectators, few would show up. I don't mind paying to get front row seats to the "game" and hang with the fellow players.

Someone has to pay for the venue. If you charge the spectators, few would show up. I don't mind paying to get front row seats to the "game" and hang with the fellow players.

Cars shows are the only shows that work this way...

Jeff

Cars shows are the only shows that work this way...

Jeff
I went to a local dog show as a spectator and did not pay. The dog owners did pay. Think about what it would be like if you reversed it. You'd have a bunch of cars and no spectators. Not much of a show anymore.

I went to a local dog show as a spectator and did not pay. The dog owners did pay. Think about what it would be like if you reversed it. You'd have a bunch of cars and no spectators. Not much of a show anymore.
Ya...I guess...
Out here for instance the Route 66 show charges like $65 to show a car....I'm like NO WAY.....! I'll leave it safe in the garage for free...

Jeff

$65 is pretty steep. I went to this Spring Fling show a few years ago and thought how it was really cool that I could go look at the cars for free. I had a Ford Falcon back then. Now that I have a Dodge, I remembered how much fun it was when I went and it made my decision pretty easy to buy a ticket to show my car. Here in Camarillo, we have a nice once a month show in the summer right down from my house. All free, both parties.

That turned out to be a busy weekend in So. Cal: Street Machine/Muscle Car Nationals in Pomona, Spring Fling in Van Nuys and Long Beach Grand Prix in LB. I got to work the GP...again! Maybe I can slide in Sat AM late.....I paid admission to show my car (anniversary show years ago) and had a ball, so many nice people checking your work out and talking to you about it. I loved it.

14-CPW-malibu-cruise-2015-spring-fling-beach-stop.jpg
19-cpw-malibu-cruise-2015-spring-fling-1973-dodge-challenger.jpg
09-CPW-malibu-cruise-2015-spring-fling-mulholland-drive.jpg
04-CPW-malibu-cruise-2015-spring-fling-drivers-meeting.jpg

Spring Fling Malibu Cruise

FREE for cars participating

FREE commemorative stickers for first 60 cars. -We had 50 cars last year and the cruise has grown every one of of the last 10 years.

This year will mark the 10th year of this Friday Malibu Cruise. To take part, join us at Woodley Park at 9:30 am on Friday April 7th, 2016. We will be leaving at 10:15 am. As typical, we are looking to set up a small 60 mile cruise on Friday April 7th, 2017. The route will generally be the same as previous years. This is in general what is in store:

*Meet at Woodley Park in Van Nuys at 930 AM. We will leave by 10:15am.

*Proceed to 405 South Freeway, by making a left onto Woodley Ave. Continue down to Burbank Blvd, making a left at the light. Next up will be a right turn onto the 405 S. We will only be on the 405 for a short time, so keep far right. We will then transition onto the northbound 101 (towards Ventura), which is a veer to the right.

*Proceed est 10 miles on 101 N. We will keep the speeds between 55-60 in order for everyone to catch back up. We will exit at Lost Hills Rd.

*Make a left and proceed over bridge. Continue through the light and proceed down Lost Hills. Pass through the stop sign (after stopping of course lol) then watch for me to stop the cars just momentarily to let any stragglers catch up.

*At Las Virgenes, make a right. We will continue down Las Virgenes for about 1 mile to Muholland Hwy. Make a right at the light.

*Continue down Muholland HWY for a brief time, about 3-4 miles, to our first destination, which is the historic Rock Store. We will stop here for 20-30 minutes tops to re-gather, use the restroom, take pictures, ect. Again, this will be our first official stop.

*Next we will continue up Muholland HWY to a vista spot at the top of the hill for excellent photo opportunity, if the area is open for parking . It has been rumored that parking along side of the road will be closed off. If we are unable to park there, we will either continue on the route noted below to our beach location stop, or find another stopping spot along the way.

*From the vista point we will continue up Muholland HWY to Kanan-Dume Rd. We will cross the highway, re-gather, and continue down Muholland towards Encinal Canyon Rd. When we reach the intersection of Encinal Canyon and Muholland, there will be no stop sign or signal. Encinal Canyon will veer left, so please stay left onto Encinal Canyon Rd.

*Continue down Encinal Canyon Rd to Pacific Coast Highway 1. We will carefully make a left onto PCH and I will do my best to re-gather all of the cars back up before proceeding south on PCH. We will be stopping at one of two beachside stops along PCH to cool off, conversate, take pcitures, ect. This will likely be a 20 minute stop.

*Our beach stop will be our last stop of the cruise. From there, we will continue south on PCH through Malibu to our lunch destination, the Reel Inn. From this point, if you plan to join for lunch, I would prefer that we all try to stick together as a group, as a few participants were left behind last cruise en route to the restaurant. We should be arriving by 1-1:15pm. Parking in the lot adjacent to the restaurant is owned by the state parks service, so they kindly charge an $8 fee for parking, although there is usually ample parking along PCH. A link to the restaurant website is shown below:

Reel Inn - Home

As a side topic, after lunch, the easiest route back to the San Fernando Valley/Woodley Park area will be via Topanga Canyon Bl., which is just a few hundred yards south of the Reel Inn. There are several cruise nights on Friday evenings, including Bob's Big Boy in Northridge as well as Burbank.

Thanks for all the information, looking forward to spectating! Too bad we all don't have FABO hat's or something to identify ourselves. Maybe I'll look for FABO stickers on windows?
I understand charging to show a car, gotta pay for the venue as well as stickers, plaques, trophies, advertisements, etc.
I don't mind paying to get in to shows or parking either as long as it's reasonable. I was just making sure I'd be prepared to pay if I had to. After Hotel for 5 days, the car show, Universal Studio's for 4 people, and gas from Northern California and back, it adds up quick!

Was thinking about heading to Good Guys in Pleasanton this weekend I think it's $20 a person at the gate and $10 for parking.

I will be at Spring Fling this year, all the way from Long Island, NY. This will be my 3rd time since 2002.

Hope to meet some of you West Coast cats out there.

I will be at Spring Fling this year, all the way from Long Island, NY. This will be my 3rd time since 2002.

Hope to meet some of you West Coast cats out there.
Very cool! I was born in Bethpage and lived in Levittown for my first few years of life.

-
Back