Starting the 66' dart

-

Joecool062387

Reaction score
I am researching and trying to figure out exactly what i want to do with the car (racer, daily driver). I "think" i know what I am doing, but I know I will be asking tons of questions to mopar gurus.

Can you post some pics. so we can see what your starting with??I just bought a 66Dart from Alabama.waiting til end of the month for shipping.Can,t wait also undecided Race or daily driver.Here it is.what do you think?

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

You decide. They're all fun!!! PS, welcome to FABO . toolmanmike

Yes welcome to FABO. Do what you feel is right.. I think I would go Street/strip that way you would have the best of both worlds.. Show a pic of it when you get a chance. You will find a few 66 Darts on this site. So you should be able to get all the help you might need

Toolman, Have always liked your 66.

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some pics and watching the progress!

Lets c it dude! Theres lots of tips and tricks 4 all kind of stuff u can do round this site. Just have fun with it.

It came with a slant 6 in it. Has a little rust around fender wells. I have to replace the driver side floor pan. Other than that it is in decent shape for $300 bucks. I would love for it to turn out like toolomanmike's pic of the white dart.

1151401g83k63pf3la8b96197cd8bb8011622.jpg

I have bought all my mopar's since high school.

66' dart
63 D100
71' duster
76' W100
03' dakota SLT
07' Nitro (The wife's mopar)

My father has:
63' W100 with M37 diff's
05' Jeep grand chrokee w/ a HEMI!

Looks like a great start to a fun project. Keep us posted with your progress.
toolmanmike

Looks like a good start. Mine came with a /6 auto now sports a 318 4 speed. Looking forward to seeing the progress pic of it.

Toolmanmike's white race car is cool. What if you want to turn corners? I have this for your consideration. A 66 Dart won a slew of races in SCCA A/Sedan class in 1967. This became known as TransAm the following year.

TA_DART2.jpg

TULLIU~1.JPG

-
Back