Steering column conversion

-

SR77

Reaction score
Wasnt sure where to put this. I have a demon with an aftermarket floor mount gear selector. I want to install the column gear selector to floor shifter conversion on the column.
Was wondering what to do to the neutral safety switch inside the column. It's there a by pass when installing the conversion?

Wasnt sure where to put this. I have a demon with an aftermarket floor mount gear selector. I want to install the column gear selector to floor shifter conversion on the column.
Was wondering what to do to the neutral safety switch inside the column. It's there a by pass when installing the conversion?
I'm a little confused.
Do you have the proper column with the gear selector mechanism. I'm pretty sure the NSS is normally in the transmission. Yours is probably still in there: something has to be plugging the hole! I bet the wiring is still on it too.......?

I'm a little confused.
Do you have the proper column with the gear selector mechanism. I'm pretty sure the NSS is normally in the transmission. Yours is probably still in there: something has to be plugging the hole! I bet the wiring is still on it too.......?

I want sure how the nss would operate with the gear selector and mechanism removed from the column and the floor shift conversion installed. Is there any wiring or anything in the column that needs to be altered?

I assumed there is something in the column letting the nss know the car was in park or neutral.

The nss and reverse lights are all controlled at the trans. It should still work fine with the floor shift

-
Back