Steve Nitti;s supercharged /6 Duster

-
Twisting parts with your HOSS of a /6 :blob: :cheers: sorry to see you broke :shock: But man :happy1: Your /6 is sure making some great power :cheers:

GOOD LOOKING CAR!!!

Fast, too...

Kudos to Steve for building aa AA/Different combination successfully.

We won't be happy till the car runs in the 10's. That was Steve's goal. Some of my favorite memories of building the car was figuring out the engine placement using the Magnaforce front end. Figuring out crankshaft offset with lazer beams, plumb bob's, etc on the chassis jig using a mock up block that wanted to strongly lean to the left lol. Picking up the beautiful one off intake manifold, Denny's craftsmanship building the header, Steve insisting on a stereo system with old school 6x9 rear window speaker's and the best part was when I got to rug it. BTW....Putting the pedal to the carpet was the best memory of all.

We won't be happy till the car runs in the 10's. That was Steve's goal. Some of my favorite memories of building the car was figuring out the engine placement using the Magnaforce front end. Figuring out crankshaft offset with lazer beams, plumb bob's, etc on the chassis jig using a mock up block that wanted to strongly lean to the left lol. Picking up the beautiful one off intake manifold, Denny's craftsmanship building the header, Steve insisting on a stereo system with old school 6x9 rear window speaker's and the best part was when I got to rug it. BTW....Putting the pedal to the carpet was the best memory of all.

There is NO question in MY mind that the ten-second timeslip is just an even waiting to happen. It will take a track that has proper surface prep, decent air, and a calm day (wind-wise.) It wouldn't hurt to try to run it at a near sea-level track; Las Vegas is not the place to try to go fast.

You know all this. I'm just so impressed with the concept and workmanship on that car, I can't shut up! LOL!

No, your day is coming, and I don't think it's very far off...

Makes my 3,300-pound, Vortech-supercharged 360 Magnum look pretty bad... LOL!

Maybe our slant six car will run a little better than my V8... we'll see.

We're getting close to completion on it. But, it's a total puzzle, right now. We have hopes, but that's all...

I'll keep you posted.

This is it :wack:

Attachments

• 100_3613.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 438
  • js640_turboside.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 408
Car is going to the nats for another stab at the 10s!!! Good luck to Steve and his driver/crew cheif Denny

Car is going to the nats for another stab at the 10s!!! Good luck to Steve and his driver/crew cheif Denny

Good luck, for sure!!! Some cool weather would help, too!!!

Please keep us posted. Were vitally interested and would like to know what the transmission brake did for his 60-foot times and how much boost he's leaving the line at, and how much total boost he's running, overall.

Quetions, questions, questions... LOL!:blob:

Thanks for any information!!!!

Good luck, for sure!!! Some cool weather would help, too!!!

Please keep us posted. Were vitally interested and would like to know what the transmission brake did for his 60-foot times and how much boost he's leaving the line at, and how much total boost he's running, overall.

Quetions, questions, questions... LOL!:blob:

Thanks for any information!!!!

Bump

Nice story in sept. issue of mopar collectors guide on the engine build

Thanks for the heads-up!

I know that the engine is awesome... I just need the reults of this weekend's efforts at the strip; 60-foot times, etc...

That whole car is WAAY interesting to me! Love it...:prayer:

Well, we didn't make it to the Nationals. My wife had some minor health issues that prevented me from leaving town. So Steve decided to bag the trip.

It will hit the track soon enough and we can keep you guy's updated.

Well, we didn't make it to the Nationals. My wife had some minor health issues that prevented me from leaving town. So Steve decided to bag the trip.

It will hit the track soon enough and we can keep you guy's updated.

We're very sorry to hear that your wife is having health issues.

Hope she is feeling better, soon; being sick is no fun at all...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the report... Steve has a lot of fans on this board, and we appreciate your letting us know the status of that Duster.

As interesting as this supercharged car is, family is a lot more important.

Good luck to you all, and God bless!!!

Adding to an old thread. I talked to Steve at the Florida Mopar Association show, back last November. He told me the month before the car went a 10.5x

-
Back