Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Back brakes on Neon finally done. For drum brakes, I think the smaller the car the bigger the PITA. Everything is smaller except the spring tension. lol Had to do a little research to figure out correct way everything went, some were wrong before.

Painter gave me two week extension on paint date. Just dawned on me I can't take Demon to painter even if it was ready. 6 ft drifts against door and in approach! Arghh! I have been so focused on car I forgot, I got to get it on the race trailer somehow! Trying to hire a yard elf for snow removal. I swear some days I just can't see the forest for the trees. I think I will mix a nice drink and go make some dinner for the bride. Stuffed chops, garlic bread and some TBD veggie. She had to work today as well. I had to dig out rail cars and take a torch to rail switch. No wind so that is a plus.

We have had a few rounds of snow, but nothing staying around more than a few days. Today was a little cooler than the last couple, but at least was a little above freezing when I was out working on the car.

Painter gave me two week extension on paint date. Just dawned on me I can't take Demon to painter even if it was ready. 6 ft drifts against door and in approach! Arghh! I have been so focused on car I forgot, I got to get it on the race trailer somehow! Trying to hire a yard elf for snow removal. I swear some days I just can't see the forest for the trees. I think I will mix a nice drink and go make some dinner for the bride. Stuffed chops, garlic bread and some TBD veggie. She had to work today as well. I had to dig out rail cars and take a torch to rail switch. No wind so that is a plus.

Sometimes you just don't think about everything...

I have two full racks of ribs in the oven right now... :thumbsup:

We have had a few rounds of snow, but nothing staying around more than a few days. Today was a little cooler than the last couple, but at least was a little above freezing when I was out working on the car.

We were above freezing today 41° and then some rain...

Gonna get up to 48° by midnight, then back below freezing by 2 PM tomorrow....

I forget what I wrote the first time, but I edited it thinking 'way too easy for Karl' lol

I can still get the more 'complicated' ones also... :D

The lobs are too easy... Like shooting fish in a barrel.... :D

I think the Mrs is planning to grill some steaks if there are any in the freezer...

How you gonna thaw them that fast...

I let mine thaw at room temp for 8 hours or in fridge for a few days after getting them out of the freezer...

Goat path to shop door where Demon is trapped.

IMG_1967.JPG

They are going to demolish the house across the street on the corner this Wednesday... (My old neighbor Bob's house...)

So the fire department is using it for training the newer guys on how to cut through the roof to vent the smoke and heat out of a burning house... This way the experienced guys are there watching and coaching them on what they are doing right and what they can improve on... Then they will know what to do when fighting a real fire...

DSC00170 B.JPG

DSC00188 B.JPG

DSC00240 B.JPG

DSC00341 B.JPG

DSC00272 B.JPG

DSC00347 B.JPG

They are going to demolish the house across the street on the corner this Wednesday... (My old neighbor Bob's house...)

So the fire department is using it for training the newer guys on how to cut through the roof to vent the smoke and heat out of a burning house... This way the experienced guys are there watching and coaching them on what they are doing right and what they can improve on... Then they will know what to do when fighting a real fire...

View attachment 1715293661

View attachment 1715293662

View attachment 1715293663

View attachment 1715293664

View attachment 1715293665

View attachment 1715293666
It is actually much harder to do than it appears, I was a fireman for just over 7 years.

View attachment 1715293661

View attachment 1715293662

View attachment 1715293663

View attachment 1715293664

View attachment 1715293665

View attachment 1715293666
looks like fun

It is actually much harder to do than it appears, I was a fireman for just over 7 years.

looks like fun

It's cool to watch... Some action in the hood is always good....

I like to have before and after pictures to see how things have changed... I wish I had some good pitures from when they used to have the toboggan slides at Swallow Cliff which is only two miles from me... (I can walk there in 45 minutes through the forest preserve trails across from my house...)

-
Back