Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Oh hell yeah! 420 hp and 3.91 sure-grip!

Ddaddy, as I am studying your car build do you have a fan clutch or a direct drive fan. Was listening to it when you were on your test drive in the video?
Thinking it is a direct drive 7 blade fan by the sound of it.

@Rainy Day Auto

max2.jpg

You forgot Rainy Day Auto

So I put a new brain box ECU on the six eight fury and still no sparky and still no fun.

This car is the one I was discussing some time ago that has been hacked up under the dash.

The previous was trying to make a low rider out of the car and cut up the wiring for ghetto bass speakers and they tried modifying to a push button ignition. The original ignition switch was cut off and the whole thing is very crude.

Although I had it running with the hacked wiring, I think its time to put in the time and effort and install a proper uncut wiring harness that I bought on FCBO and get the dash all sorted out and start eliminating problems and suspect areas.

Will I get to it this weekend ??????

but I am sure going to try

20181105_080906.jpg

20181105_080019.jpg

I have a new (original) bezel and nice uncut original harness I bought from FCBO

I bought the non A/c version so I can get rid of the a/C

I might need to buy an engine harness too because there is some shady stuff in there from the previous owner. you should have seen the previous owner. White tank top with jean shorts below the knee with white knee high socks. Bald with tatoos all over his head, and when he talked he gestured like he has cerebral palsy and everything he said ended with "for real bro" LMAO

20181119_020912.jpg

I have a new (original) bezel and nice uncut original harness I bought from FCBO

I bought the non A/c version so I can get rid of the a/C

I might need to buy an engine harness too because there is some shady stuff in there from the previous owner. you should have seen the previous owner. White tank top with jean shorts below the knee with white knee high socks. Bald with tatoos all over his head, and when he talked he gestured like he has cerebral palsy and everything he said ended with "for real bro" LMAO

View attachment 1715410433

Lol, he sounded like he was licking more off of the paint brush than what got on whatever he tried to paint. Lol

Bill

That would be great. The hard part will be getting ahold of engines with their original cams .. especially a '68 340 4 speed...

I have a clone of a 68 340 4 speed cam...

I bought it from another member who had it custom ground along with a stock 340 auto grind...

Then member Dibbons asked me if he could "borrow" it and we sent it to Oregon Cams and Ken Hoard mapped it... It was close, but 2° or 4° off on one of the lobe centers and only .006" off on the exhaust lift... Ken can bump the lobe to get it back to the factory spec, but can't raise the exhaust lift the .006" to get it exactly to the factory book spec... But he can make one to the factory duration, lobe centerlines, and lobe separation and it will only be .006" less lift than the factory spec...
That’s what I said and you should have seen the looks I got :rofl:

Pics??? I would love to see the looks on their faces.... :lol:

One more walk-around of the GTS to check everything on the detailing. Don’t mind the noises I’m making, my back is locked up and hurts like hell right now. Every step and turn hurts.

Sorry to hear about your back... Take a good warm soak in a bath or hot tub....

I didn't realize your GTS was a 340 - very nice!!! :thumbsup:

That would be great. The hard part will be getting ahold of engines with their original cams .. especially a '68 340 4 speed...

And how much have they worn since new??? It would be difficult to find an original cam with minimal wear to use as a bench mark....

Morning Karl. Woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep thinking about all the things we had to do today. So got up to enjoy the quiet.

Morning Karl. Woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep thinking about all the things we had to do today. So got up to enjoy the quiet.

I woke up at 2:30 and tried to go to my recliner, but can't get comfortable enough to get back to sleep...

Plus my poison ivy is back on my forearms and top of my legs and is bothering me... I'm almost out of the ointment the Dr. prescribed and looked up some home remedies and trying one of them... apple cider vinegar and water 3 - 4 times per day...

The only common thing about back problems is that everyone has something different going on with their back. My issues go back 38 years.

Mine also... I was rear ended by a drunk 18 year old on the highway doing over 90 MPH on the highway back in 1988....

I woke up at 2:30 and tried to go to my recliner, but can't get comfortable enough to get back to sleep...

Plus my poison ivy is back on my forearms and top of my legs and is bothering me... I'm almost out of the ointment the Dr. prescribed and looked up some home remedies and trying one of them... apple cider vinegar and water 3 - 4 times per day...
So you've had it tested, or know it is poison ivy, and not some other skin problem?

-
Back