Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Oddly enough I face this problem daily. Are we talking pistol or rifle? If it is pistol you can easily resolve with both eyes open and a reflex sight, (red dot). If it is rifle you have two choices shoot with non dominate eye or become a switch hitter and shoot with weak side. It really depends on how bad your eyesight is one side to the other. If you are reasonably close it is frankly easier to shoot weak eye strong hand.
Bolt actions and flintlocks can make life difficult for lefties!

Geesh 6 pages talking about Chris's nuts. I have been driving now 50 years legally and changing tires at least another 10. I use Keith's method and have never had a problem. I know I know torque them. And tomorrow I will probably loose a wheel too.
How many of those were changed with one of these? I cant find the torque setting on mine. LOL
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxxabxO7snJDappATtn8Elfx-Rs26t9wGbgx-Z0w2Ao9e-hM5C&s.jpg

John @Sublime one ,

One of my best friends from High School was a Marine and did a tour in Beruit immediately before and immediately after the bomb attack on the Marines.

He saw the before and after and shared it with me often in real time back then.

It is an event in Marine history that I will never forget.
Oddly enough I was also there, last name Bailey. You are welcome to share with your buddy, who knows perhaps we shared a mouth full of sand at some point. Did you notice there was virtually no mention of Beirut today on any news source, social or conventional. It is like it never happened, we rotated from the hostage crisis debacle to Beirut. Yep, I am proud owner of two second place trophies. While the world may sweep it under the rug I can give you 220 reasons why I will never forget. Me and hound got trashed in shop today as I got pissed off and left work. Just not a good day for me, not that I got any baggage or am bitter or anything! Hah!
2 nd Marines. We are the tip of the spear! RIP 1/8 2nd Mar Div
Semper Fi

A question O'Wise One.. Right handed. Left eye dominant... What's best way to shoot?

Oddly enough I face this problem daily. Are we talking pistol or rifle? If it is pistol you can easily resolve with both eyes open and a reflex sight, (red dot). If it is rifle you have two choices shoot with non dominate eye or become a switch hitter and shoot with weak side. It really depends on how bad your eyesight is one side to the other. If you are reasonably close it is frankly easier to shoot weak eye strong hand.

I am the same, right-handed and left eye dominant... I shoot left handed... Especially rifles...

My dad was second string on the best rifle team in the country when he was in high school... He taught my brother, me, and my kids how to shoot when we were old enough... I have my dad's eyes and his shooting ability... (I think most of it is from the eyes..... My dad had green eyes with a streak of brown in one - I have green eyes and my right eye is half brown... )

I've only shot a pistol once when my high school friend's dad brought us to the range... He said, "Don't worry about hitting the bulls eye, hitting the target is hard enough"... His dad hit the target 7 out of 14 shots, and I hit it 14 times out of 14 shots... Two shots went through the same hole... (that's what she said... :D)

I became comfortable shooting left handed to go with my left eye dominance...

Evening fellers, what's the topic??

Someone really turned down nature's thermostat here.

I got home about 4 pm and it was decent weather, 60* and calm.
By 5 o clock, there are strong winds and the wind is frigid.

Bye bye roasting hot temps that I love, see you in 6 months.

:BangHead:
Makes me want to un bolt /examine/ and re torque my 66 wheels.
Yep. I replaced all 10 on the back. Have to do the fronts this weekend, couldn’t find any in stock locally.

Honestly, makes me want to drop the coin on a pair of Dana 60 eight lug axles, have them shortened and resplined to the Jeep’s length and then run them. But really doesn’t solve the issue I suppose. As overtightening them or fatigue can still occur. Maybe I just ought to figure on spending an extra 80 bucks every time I get new tires on new lugs. Then again, pressing them in and out could wear on the axle flange too, oblonging those holes :BangHead:

I am the same, right-handed and left eye dominant... I shoot left handed... Especially rifles...

My dad was second string on the best rifle team in the country when he was in high school... He taught my brother, me, and my kids how to shoot when we were old enough... I have my dad's eyes and his shooting ability... (I think most of it is from the eyes..... My dad had green eyes with a streak of brown in one - I have green eyes and my right eye is half brown... )

I've only shot a pistol once when my high school friend's dad brought us to the range... He said, "Don't worry about hitting the bulls eye, hitting the target is hard enough"... His dad hit the target 7 out of 14 shots, and I hit it 14 times out of 14 shots... Two shots went through the same hole... (that's what she said... :D)

I became comfortable shooting left handed to go with my left eye dominance...
I’m the same way, left eye dominant, right handed. I shoot lefty 95 percent of the time, pistol or rifle, That said, I have my battlesight zero for both my left and my right eye so if needed, I can easily transition my rifles if I were to need to shoot righty for distance.

One thing I’m working on getting used too is keeping both eyes open while shooting. Had a now retired NSW sniper instructor work me about 10 years ago now on doing so, claimed it increased accuracy and consistency. Didn’t really start practicing that until recently after watching the NRA long range event last June, most all said the same thing

Oddly enough I was also there, last name Bailey. You are welcome to share with your buddy, who knows perhaps we shared a mouth full of sand at some point. Did you notice there was virtually no mention of Beirut today on any news source, social or conventional. It is like it never happened, we rotated from the hostage crisis debacle to Beirut. Yep, I am proud owner of two second place trophies. While the world may sweep it under the rug I can give you 220 reasons why I will never forget. Me and hound got trashed in shop today as I got pissed off and left work. Just not a good day for me, not that I got any baggage or am bitter or anything! Hah!
2 nd Marines. We are the tip of the spear! RIP 1/8 2nd Mar Div
Semper Fi
Yep, it was like it was just a blip in history hardly worth mentioning...and a damned shame that. 307 people died that day and of the 241 American soldiers killed, the majority of them were Marines.

My buddies name is Ed Waldick. He was a Corporal (I think) in Beirut and built a bunch of the additional fortifications following the attack during his second tour there.

He was also an LAV-25 commander in the battle on Grenada.

I bought a dozen red roses today.

It's my one year anniversary.

One year ago, I had her towed home to the mopar pit and I have been looking upon it with adoring eyes since

20191008_192206.jpg

Both eyes open is a good plan. BD has it going on with shooting south paw to coincide with dominate eye. For those of you wondering how to figure out which eye is dominate. Simply put hands together making a small window to see thru, focus on a object in the distance and gradually move your hands from fully extended, slowly bringing towards your eyes. Never lose focus on object in distance. Whichever eye your hands end up in front of is your dominant eye.

Both eyes open is a good plan. BD has it going on with shooting south paw to coincide with dominate eye. For those of you wondering how to figure out which eye is dominate. Simply put hands together making a small window to see thru, focus on a object in the distance and gradually move your hands from fully extended, slowly bringing towards your eyes. Never lose focus on object in distance. Whichever eye your hands end up in front of is your dominant eye.
Or just do the finger trick, works the same way. Line up a finger with an object, with both eyes open, then without moving said finger, close each eye one at a time, whichever eye shows the fingering NOT moving, is your dominant eye. That’s how they used to teach pilots in the Navy.

-
Back