Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
In general I agree with you and Bill.
But there other motivators for killing.
NPR was reporting this guy was a Saudi there for training.
Will be some time befoer we get more info. Sherriff and the Navy are being tight lipped on this one.

Oh, I did not mean it was only one motivation for killing, just that when people cross over that treshhold I consider them pretty much lunatics.

Sadly, and I know some will agree with me, and some will disagree with me, the reason for killing, the reason are never addressed really. Only the tools being used. And that is the problem. It is the same in Norway. No one wants to talk about why does people kill. Only about what can we do about the tools being used to lower the death figure. Addressing the symptoms, but not the cause.
It is all about oh, we need a law for this, or for that.
Society is broken, period, and the broken needs to be fixed. But anything that involves lifestyle is a huge no no for people to talk about.

Bill

Well there we differ a little.
Having motivation and being mentally unstable are seperate but overlapping causes related to the act.
One does not need to be a lunatic, that is insane, to kill. If you just mean lunatic in that it makes no sense to us, same way we often use 'crazy', then that's different.

Oh, I did not mean it was only one motivation for killing, just that when people cross over that treshhold I consider them pretty much lunatics.

Sadly, and I know some will agree with me, and some will disagree with me, the reason for killing, the reason are never addressed really. Only the tools being used. And that is the problem. It is the same in Norway. No one wants to talk about why does people kill. Only about what can we do about the tools being used to lower the death figure. Addressing the symptoms, but not the cause.
It is all about oh, we need a law for this, or for that.
Society is broken, period, and the broken needs to be fixed. But anything that involves lifestyle is a huge no no for people to talk about.

Bill
IDK if anything is different in human society than it ever has been. One of the worst mass shootings in US history happened in the late 1700s when an entire one room School was wiped out including the teachers. As a percentage of the population, it was far more severe than what we see today.

Point being, people are animals and when some few become unhinged...they create mayhem.

But humanity and those that become unhinged within it have changed little over the millennia...just the tools they use have.

Sob they sent me the wrong freaking adapter plate

Hmmm

A181E8EC-6D83-456E-A7E4-4054C30606C1.jpeg

Looks like a thermo quad or Quadrajet adapter.
yeah. I’m heading inside to look up the part number. What’s on my order slip and what I got are two different numbers. I’m gonna run them and see

Lots of aches and pains after the afternoon battle.
Mostly over what people call a levelling kit. How does 2” higher in the front end qualify as level? On what planet does a truck that sits higher in the front make it look better? STUPID,That’s how it looks. Not to mention what it does to front end geometry. Torn ball joint boots leading to premature failure. Thats what they are good for.

Mostly over what people call a levelling kit. How does 2” higher in the front end qualify as level? On what planet does a truck that sits higher in the front make it look better? STUPID,That’s how it looks. Not to mention what it does to front end geometry. Torn ball joint boots leading to premature failure. Thats what they are good for.
Ignorance is a condition, stupidity is a choice.

B6A4848F-7181-45D9-8868-5B072061A51E.jpeg

So my order form calls for a 9006 but they sent me a 1932. Problem is, looks like the 9006 won’t work either. So either way, sol. Wtf pattern is this thing

You see a LOT of trucks here with that tall in the front look. Looks like the truck has more weight in the rear that it can take, but since it does not have that it look silly to me. Very silly. I think it is a thing for some who never use the truck for work, just for something to get around with and want it to look like they are doing something.

Bill

So neither one fits.
What's the situation again?
Is it the poly's intake is set up for a factory pattern and you don't have that carb?
It’s a factory 4 barrel. A 1958 318 poly intake. No, I don’t have a factory carb. I got the intake off a FBBO and it came with an old school aluminum adapter plate from Cal customs. But it was cracked and I managed to drop it and bust it completely. All my research shows that they used two different carb options back then, a Carter AFB style and a Carter WCFB style carb. Neither of which I can find an adapter that actually bolts to this thing, despite what the adapter claims to fit, and then to a Holley carb. Which is what I have.

I'm keeping it a 2 bbl. With stock manifolds and pretty much stock.

The truck it's going in is going to be used to push/ pull cars in the yard and plow snow ( we don't get much snow here)

It's a power and weight upgrade over a slant six. imo

I worked on the scamp this time but next time I might get to that poly swap.

Chris - What's that in the photo I posted? A 2 bbl?
No adapter plate that I can see.
That's the '65 Satelite that was at the Frostbite (and is for sale).

Yeah two barrel

You can tell by the inch thick circular line on top of the air cleaner

When you lose sight of the first priority of getting it running in favor of modifying it, failure and delay are inevitable.

Like I said, stupidity is a choice.

Last edited:
-
Back