Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Christmas party for my wife and her co-workers. Its 30 miles away and today we got freezing rain. Wife doesent want to go.
Dunno. I can drive,what worries me is the other nuts on the road.
I’d rather a foot of snow than freezing rain

Just got done teaching three days of Hunters Ed to 45 students. Whew, glad it is over. I did however make them a crock pot of squirrel jambalaya today. I mean it is Hunters Ed class right? They initially took itty bitty portions then next thing ya know I had an empty crock pot! It wipes me out being “on” for three days but when the family members approach you after the class is over and explain how much their young one is talking about the class at home etc etc it does make it a good thing. But holy smokes I am whipped. ( que Karl) now I can focus on practicing for pistol match next weekend.

Fargo in shop. pulled front drums. Its all garbage. Shoes,wheel cyls,hoses.
about 400 in parts, if i can get a decent price on relining.
King pins are gone too. Will have to try knocking them apart and see if i need to get castings bored and bushings made.
This just got kinda pricey.
Should have bought the dakota chassis when i had a chance.
Bummer Frank. :(

I was saving this one, but perhaps now is a good time to give it to you. Maybe it will help cheer you up about the truck. :)

37892D6C-DD33-4F38-8D12-6294365C3715.jpeg

Got rid of my truck with kingpins before I had to deal with them. Consider it a part of the journey, and hopefully the journey is part of why you're doing this. Not many folks these days could take that on.
thumbs_up-gif.gif

Got rid of my truck with kingpins before I had to deal with them. Consider it a part of the journey, and hopefully the journey is part of why you're doing this. Not many folks these days could take that on. View attachment 1715434636

I was about ready to pull the pin today,and go hunt up a chassis for it. Its pissing coolant again, and timing cover seal is leaking.
I need to get some of this behind me..

AWESOME!! I Love it. Logo is about the right size. Buddy cut me some stencils.
I’ve been accumulating your photos since you got it and put this together. If you ever get different wheels or make other changes, I can update it now that this image is in my files.

:thumbsup:

I’ve been accumulating your photos since you got it and put this together. If you ever get different wheels or make other changes, I can update it now that this image is in my files.

Its getting turbines. the aluninum wheels on the back are 16’s,and my buddy with the ‘39 wants them in the worst way.
as a bonus i found the other 2. He doesent know hes getting them yet. Have to find a pair of decent tires for the front.

Thanks Dave, I really appreciate that.

Its getting turbines. the aluninum wheels on the back are 16’s,and my buddy with the ‘39 wants them in the worst way.
as a bonus i found the other 2. He doesent know hes getting them yet. Have to find a pair of decent tires for the front.
Well, take a good pic from the side once they are on and I will update the image!

Got rid of my truck with kingpins before I had to deal with them. Consider it a part of the journey, and hopefully the journey is part of why you're doing this. Not many folks these days could take that on. View attachment 1715434636
My 1960 Corvette had king pins and trunions for the suspension. Had that car 40+ years. Remember changing the king pins twice. Not too bad after you get the hang of it...

I was going to ask what was going on in here but I see Frank is having troubles. I have some 60's parts that may fit.

Can't say for sure for your application, but a lot of kingpin bushing sets nowadays are spirals and don't require reaming to final size.

kingpin2.jpg

I located numbers for hoses, wheel cylinders and a king pin kit in moog and mevotech.
Cyls and hoses are wpg stock, was too late on the king pin kit.
Shoes are going for reline, i just hope they have fair pricing.
Im going to blast and paint them,to save a couple bucks.
Then all they have to do is line them.

Wait til i load pics of the frame that needs fixin...

I located numbers for hoses, wheel cylinders and a king pin kit in moog and mevotech.
Cyls and hoses are wpg stock, was too late on the king pin kit.
Shoes are going for reline, i just hope they have fair pricing.
Im going to blast and paint them,to save a couple bucks.
Then all they have to do is line them.

What year did you say the Fargo is and is it a half ton ?

Bill

-
Back