Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The cap is not seated right then. There is a tab on the vac advance that goes into the slot on the cap, yes it can still get the clips on not easy but can be done.

A friend just sent me this hoto...
414CC4E3-D341-4A23-902A-F7E620D58F12.jpeg

The cap is not seated right then. There is a tab on the vac advance that goes into the slot on the cap, yes it can still get the clips on not easy but can be done.
I don’t understand how that would make the cap rock while cranking. Nothing inside should be hitting the rotor if the cap is just high on one side. The rotor shouldn’t hit the wall, too much clearance for that.

The rotor to actually is a bit off of the carbon button and it kind of rides. Much more common on a slant. Will not start doing that either.

The rotor to actually is a bit off of the carbon button and it kind of rides. Much more common on a slant. Will not start doing that either.
But won’t the flat tab on top of the rotor just ride with more clearance on the high side? The low side of the cap isn’t being forced lower than normal.

Usually either not in the alignment notch on the cap or the rotor is not down nenough I should have added. If it was a bent upper shaft the rotor will usually grab a terminal and crack the cap before a wobble. Sure it is something simple.

But won’t the flat tab on top of the rotor just ride with more clearance on the high side? The low side of the cap isn’t being forced lower than normal.
That's why I'm thinking rotor is not all the way on or is it even possible to be crooked?.

Some of those are really tight on the shaft also. I am sure we are getting all the info also.
crystal-ball-fortune-teller.jpg

I get that, doubt it would run. something has to be not seated with the cap usually with the clamps on they are rock solid. If that the one I sent him a while ago it has new clips on it.

Some of those are really tight on the shaft also. I am sure we are getting all the info also.
View attachment 1715441442
I had one that absolutely would not go on far enough. Got another and no problem. Chinese crap... He said you did the dizzy, but I assume he dropped the cap and rotor on... What did you send hime? Hope he didn't kill NOS cap and rotor. :eek::BangHead:

Forgot been over a year ago. Chris find out why it is not seating right take the rotor off and see if the cap goes on tight if so then the rotor is not seating right. Happens.

This is why chicks make good mechanics.

I am doing a customer job and a big burly guy I know attempted the job but couldn't "get his hands on anything" it's a burnt a/c compressor.

Not only did I get my hands in there, I got my whole arm in one side to wedge it out

Girl power whoop whoop girl power

20191222_174337.jpg

20191222_174345.jpg

20191222_174350.jpg

Forgot been over a year ago. Chris find out why it is not seating right take the rotor off and see if the cap goes on tight if so then the rotor is not seating right. Happens.
Cap definitely goes on tight

Yeah that's it chris get a oil filter socket put the impact gun on it and give it a try on high setting! CW of course it is a la.

-
Back