Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Took my critter to the vet this morning for some surgery. She got a big fat ear hematoma somehow. She also had a mammary cyst (I guess that's what it is) that needed to be removed.. She's a 13 year old Shepherd and I have been all tweaked about whether to even mess with it all. The old school country vet I took her to was stunned at how healthy she is for a shepherd that age. Said she's got another couple of good years in her. That made me smile a bit. Now I just have to pick her up in an hour or so and deal with the drugged up sadness til all the anesthesia wears off. Breaks my heart to see that part but in a few days she may be good as new..
13 is great for a GSD! Congrats. They are the best, obviously I am biased. I hope Hemi lasts for 13, she is my constant companion. I swear she can read my mind.

Once the drugs wear off, I'm sure she'll be fine. I like that the country vet wants the critter to go home asap after surgery. Seems they relax and heal faster in their own comfy surroundings. She looks pretty calm right now.
Getting a 100 pound gorked out German Shepard out of a truck is a classic maneuver! I ended up on the bottom last time making sure she didn’t yard sale in the drive. She tried to leap out like she always does and we crashed and burned it was hilarious. Like you I tend to hang with her till the drugs wear off.

13 is great for a GSD! Congrats. They are the best, obviously I am biased. I hope Hemi lasts for 13, she is my constant companion. I swear she can read my mind.
I agree that GSDs are fabulous. Never was a shepherd guy til this one. Without question the best critter I've been owned by. Vet seemed to think she's still got a couple more years in her. I hope he's right. 13 is pretty rare for shepherds..

Getting a 100 pound gorked out German Shepard out of a truck is a classic maneuver! I ended up on the bottom last time making sure she didn’t yard sale in the drive. She tried to leap out like she always does and we crashed and burned it was hilarious. Like you I tend to hang with her till the drugs wear off.
She hates the cab of my truck, and wouldn't remotely consider riding in the bed! I picked her up and put her in the back of the Caddy. Getting her out afterwards was quite a feat. Old girl is FAT!

Had a shepherd as a kid, then a husky/shepherd cross. Both were great dogs. But never had another until this lab for 14 years. Every time i have an orange i think of her. Was her favorite treat. That and bananas.
Sound asleep on floor,place fruit about 1 mm from her nose. Was hilarious. Eyes closed and nose would twitch...
Sure miss her.

Had a shepherd as a kid, then a husky/shepherd cross. Both were great dogs. But never had another until this lab for 14 years. Every time i have an orange i think of her. Was her favorite treat. That and bananas.
Sound asleep on floor,place fruit about 1 mm from her nose. Was hilarious. Eyes closed and nose would twitch...
Sure miss her.
Critters can be amazing... Why can't people be more like them?

I love my two Dogs. They are part of the family. Both are Ausies. The older one, Happy, is 13 years old and in very good health. The other named Blue. is less the 2 years old. She is a miniature red Tri color, with two blue eyes. She keeps Happy hoping for sure.

Critters can be amazing... Why can't people be more like them?
We are...stick an orange slice in front of my nose while I’m sleeping and my nose will twitch too!

And I will eat it without opening my eyes and go right back to sleep.

They aren’t all that different than us...just for more honest in who they are. Love, affection and inclusion are their main desires.

That’s the part we need humans to be more like...genuine honesty about their feelings, not anger or justification...just real desire for harmony to make the World right.

Thanks!

I could teach at least 2 semesters on what I changed and why. The least of which is color balance and depth and the most subtle is realizing that the “Barenaked Ladies” text needed to use the actual logo...and be colored a soft pink hue.

I mean, c’mon...bare naked ladies? It HAS to be a soft pink!
I'm sure you realize this but "barenaked ladies" refers to a band. A good band and one of my favorites, however there are no barenaked ladies in the band, all dudes.

I'm sure you realize this but "barenaked ladies" refers to a band. A good band and one of my favorites, however there are no barenaked ladies in the band, all dudes.
It’s a metaphor and a double entendre. They named the band that way for a reason...just like Lovin’ Spoonful and 10cc did.

That intent should also carry over to the graphic images the band uses.

That's why I was going to kid you about the 'majority of population' comment. :poke:
I suspect that less than a majority recognizes them or their music.
You prob know better than I if they have any exposure in popular music..
The semi-inde station here gives them some air time otherwise I wouldn't have known either.

So how's it going for everyone here, I have not been in the coffee shop for a few days and now there's 1,000,000,000,000,000 pages to back read, which I'm not going to go back and get lost on a dessert road that goes nowhere

You prob know better than I if they have any exposure in popular music..

You mean if you went to high school....

The only kids in high school who don't know pop music are the weird ones who will probably move on to start a cult or follow Charles Manson's footsteps.

Someone gave me an early Blotto EP. That was pretty cool. :)
And I don't expect anyone here to know them unless you lived in the NYC or Hudson Valley listening area.
Although I think Dr Demento sometimes played their best known song...

I had a weird dream, I was driving a duster a 71.
I was on a dirt road in the dessert. I know that because the dirt had a reddish tone like what you find here in the southwest.

It was night time and started getting cold so I switched on the heater and the headlights went out. So I turned the heater off and the headlights didn't come back on.

So I was parked in the dark debating if I should keep going slowly or just wait for daylight.

There was no sound or light anywhere. Kinda weird, so I feel asleep in the dream and woke up in real.

The first time I ever heard of the barenaked ladies, they caught my attention with a charger in the video.

The first time I ever heard of the barenaked ladies, they caught my attention with a charger in the video.

I have been together with my wife for just about 40 years now (2 weeks away) and THAT is my favorite BNL song...and quite accurate for a lifetime of being together.

It’s all a game...partnership, loving, fighting, forgiving and everything in between.

While still being ourselves...and still being together.

Ha! I've never seen any of their videos. I still think of music as well, music. Other than at a live concert, its background.
Maybe when I listen to this next I'll do the puzzle (yes its a real crossword puzzle). LOL
scan_20180916-4.jpg

Maybe it's a generational thing but a good video can actually make me like a song more than if I had just heard it on stream.

A bad video can also negatively impact a song although I have not seen many of those.

I had a weird dream, I was driving a duster a 71.
I was on a dirt road in the dessert. I know that because the dirt had a reddish tone like what you find here in the southwest.

It was night time and started getting cold so I switched on the heater and the headlights went out. So I turned the heater off and the headlights didn't come back on.

So I was parked in the dark debating if I should keep going slowly or just wait for daylight.

There was no sound or light anywhere. Kinda weird, so I feel asleep in the dream and woke up in real.

You sure it wasn't a Maverick?

maxresdefault.jpg

They look very similar in the dark :rolleyes:

-
Back