Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
After I get a few more sips of coffee in me, I'll go pull the cover off Cinnamon. Need to do a pre Carlisle assessment. I know there are a few spots on the body that need attention. At least 2 that will require minor body work. Back right corner is boogered where I missed a little rust and it popped some filler. Also I know there are some bubbles on the lower quarter. Might leave that as is. I wanted to change the package tray. I had covered the original with vinyl and painted with SEM. The surface of the material cracked and now see white hairlines. I will eventually get one, but looks like I waited too long to order as most say made to order. I could probably get a black one and hit it with SEM. May need to do that anyway depending what the 'brown' looks like when I do get one. Also wanted to repaint a bunch of interior parts cause the colors are mismatched a little. Thinking I will try to darken the lines in the package shelf to be less obvious and focus on outside...

:soapbox: Fed-Ex.... my fuel pump shipped from TX on Wed. Arrived at what I assume is a hub near me yesterday. Was scheduled for delivery today. No show. Now they show 'no scheduled delivery date available'. :wtf:

Yeah, they did that to me with a package this week...

It showed up the next day after they put it into the 'limbo' status... :mob:

Yeah, they did that to me with a package this week...

It showed up the next day after they put it into the 'limbo' status... :mob:
Don't know if they are running Sundays. I expect to see it tomorrow. Just sucks that it got up here Friday. 2 days from Texas. Then takes longer than that to make the last 1/2 hour of the trip. :wtf: Hopefully they don't do what USPS did recently. Showed something made it to Harrisburg (local) then back to the Carolinas before it came back up. :BangHead: And another looked like they were playing pinball and Harrisburg and Lehigh Valley were the bumpers. LOL Both delayed like 3 days...

Then takes longer than that to make the last 1/2 hour of the trip. :wtf: Hopefully they don't do what USPS did recently. Showed something made it to Harrisburg (local) then back to the Carolinas before it came back up. :BangHead: And another looked like they were playing pinball and Harrisburg and Lehigh Valley were the bumpers. LOL Both delayed like 3 days...

Had that same issue not long ago. Item gets to SoCal from the east coast in 36 hours, including process time at vendor. Rests at the terminal for 2 days then takes a weekend jaunt to Phx. From Phx it ventured to Sacramento then to Santa Barbara which is the local USPS hub and has a major airport close at hand and finally here 12 days total. I could have driven one of those stinky diesel powered Postal Jeeps to the first stop in 5 hours from here :rolleyes:

Agreed. And a 30-30 for good measure..

I really liked my Marlin 336. I got creative and made some hot rot 125gr spire point rat loads for it. The gun really liked 'em too. 1 in the chamber and 1 in the magazine, can't have all 6 of 'em goin' off at the first squeeze of the trigger :elmer:

My old homie from the desert must have known we were talkin firearms. He sent me a youtube of a fella testing out his brand new Taurus .22 autoloader with what could have been disastrous results.

After I get a few more sips of coffee in me, I'll go pull the cover off Cinnamon. Need to do a pre Carlisle assessment. I know there are a few spots on the body that need attention. At least 2 that will require minor body work. Back right corner is boogered where I missed a little rust and it popped some filler. Also I know there are some bubbles on the lower quarter. Might leave that as is. I wanted to change the package tray. I had covered the original with vinyl and painted with SEM. The surface of the material cracked and now see white hairlines. I will eventually get one, but looks like I waited too long to order as most say made to order. I could probably get a black one and hit it with SEM. May need to do that anyway depending what the 'brown' looks like when I do get one. Also wanted to repaint a bunch of interior parts cause the colors are mismatched a little. Thinking I will try to darken the lines in the package shelf to be less obvious and focus on outside...
Sounds exciting!! If I remember right your car is behind the ropes so a 10 foot look at best.
Do they make a sign for your car?? If not you might consider that also.

Sounds exciting!! If I remember right your car is behind the ropes so a 10 foot look at best.
Do they make a sign for your car?? If not you might consider that also.
Yup...They do that there....
009.JPG

I'm not really looking for protection. I need to hunt and survive when the Zombies come and I head into the wilderness. Deer squirrel occasional intruder

I went this morning for a Covid 19 test. Because they want to do a Roto Rooter on me next week. Wouldn't do it unless I was tested. But, all ok, no cost to me. Get results maybe tomorrow...

I went this morning for a Covid 19 test. Because they want to do a Roto Rooter on me next week. Wouldn't do it unless I was tested. But, all ok, no cost to me. Get results maybe tomorrow...
I wish you the best. Roto Rooter? Having some circulation issues?

I'm not really looking for protection. I need to hunt and survive when the Zombies come and I head into the wilderness. Deer squirrel occasional intruder

Savage made a neat little over/under combo gun Model 24. 1 barrel shotgun other barrel rimfire or centerfire rifle and a couple medium bore pistol rounds. They don't weigh nothin', shoot well, and break down. Probably hard to find the larger calibers, 22LR is the most common. I have one in the closet myself, 22 over 20ga.

Yup...They do that there....
View attachment 1715542173
Pretty sure they are making a sign. I seem to remember giving info for that. Of course I can't find what I told them now. I think it was a form you submit directly to them. Thought I saved a copy but cant find it now. Unless I printed it out. Gotta look... I'll give them a few days and see if I get any info back...

Savage made a neat little over/under combo gun Model 24. 1 barrel shotgun other barrel rimfire or centerfire rifle and a couple medium bore pistol rounds. They don't weigh nothin', shoot well, and break down. Probably hard to find the larger calibers, 22LR is the most common. I have one in the closet myself, 22 over 20ga.[/QUOTE
Thanks for all the input. I actually have one of those with 22 hornet over 20ga. It has killed a lot of turkeys for me. I will give it more serious consideration and stock up on ammo

-
Back