Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Walmart feels so eeerie after ours re opened.

It feels surreal in there.

20200615_170901.jpg

I had no idea till just now that most of you are on FBBO.

I am on logged in and reading over there but I don't say much because I don't know those guys.... most of them

@dukeboy_318

Do you know what a good poly is worth on CL?

2 bbl. 66 dated. Runs but needs a carb rebuild, can hear it run.

it’s hard to say, they’re literally all over the map as far as price wise. I’ve seen them go from free up to 450 bucks, usually running. I paid 200 for my spare and that included the 727 push button, two extra carbs and a spare set of manifolds.

it’s hard to say, they’re literally all over the map as far as price wise. I’ve seen them go from free up to 450 bucks, usually running. I paid 200 for my spare and that included the 727 push button, two extra carbs and a spare set of manifolds.
Did they usually have 727s??

I didn't pay attention when I was under the car but i assumed it was a 904 with a 318??

Its not the pushbutton because I think that was all over by 66. And it had the lever action

I didn't pay attention when I was under the car but i assumed it was a 904 with a 318??

Its not the pushbutton because I think that was all over by 66. And it had the lever action
My 61 had a cast iron 727. Had a parking brake on the drive shaft.....

Well dang it, now I hafta to take a drive to the yard to see if it's a 727 or what it is.

Whatever it is, you say it will bolt to an LA right??

My buddy Terry just picked up a 63 post car. Jeff brought it back from Az.

Resized_20200615_193551001_7954.jpeg

Resized_20200615_193604001_8751.jpeg

Resized_20200615_193531001_9613.jpeg

Yeah push button died in 64. Which is sad because by then, the push buttons were figured out and nearly bullet proof.

as for what it may be, you’re gonna have to look to be sure. Even in C bodies, you could find yourself with the 904. Normally, the heavy duty 727 was standard, but it could be ordered with the light duty 904 in just about any platform. Some people did it to save a few bucks.
My 61 had a cast iron 727. Had a parking brake on the drive shaft.....
yep. Rare

I bet this is a 727, being a c body.

Has an 8.75 rear
means little really. 8.75 were standard on B and C bodies. Transmission type didn’t matter. Just look at the pan. Pretty easy to tell from that

Well dang it, now I hafta to take a drive to the yard to see if it's a 727 or what it is.

Whatever it is, you say it will bolt to an LA right??
Yes. And it’ll even bolt to the 3rd gen Hemi....

But beware, polys were internally balanced, 360s and 3rd gen hemis are externally balance, you will need a neutral flex plate.

Also, you will likely have to reused the poly torque converter, you should have the early style input shaft, you’ll have to check it. If it is, you can’t use the LA converter, spline count and input shaft diameter are different from 1967 and up Transmissons

I had no idea till just now that most of you are on FBBO.

I am on logged in and reading over there but I don't say much because I don't know those guys.... most of them
Only on occasion, not very often for me

-
Back