Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Some days you just can’t win...

Started to take apart the fallen 18’ pine tree today. Since it is only about 8” in diameter at the base, I used a bow saw. Started at the top to lop off the top 6’.

Well, it’s on a steep slope and the ground is saturated from all the rain. I got mostly through it and it started to break and twisted. The ground under my feet slid and as I tried to grab it to stabilize it and wrenched the hell out of my back. I think I slipped a disc in my lower back and now I am in wicked pain. There is no position that makes it stop hurting. I can’t do anything but lay on the floor and try to get it to slip back with stretches and twists.

Muzzerflocker!

This is the same old injury come back to haunt me. It’s been several years since something like this happened and I know I’m in for a week of misery until it corrects itself.

What a fitting end to 2020. :BangHead:
Just 'damn'... :BangHead:.

Yeah...**** me.
How come good **** takes so long to happen and the f'd up stuff happens in an instant? I'm surprised I didn't do similar wrestling my old hot water heater yesterday. Definitely made a few dumb moves in the process...

Started to take apart the fallen 18’ pine tree today. Since it is only about 8” in diameter at the base, I used a bow saw. Started at the top to lop off the top 6’.

Well, it’s on a steep slope and the ground is saturated from all the rain. I got mostly through it and it started to break and twisted. The ground under my feet slid and as I tried to grab it to stabilize it and wrenched the hell out of my back. I think I slipped a disc in my lower back and now I am in wicked pain. There is no position that makes it stop hurting. I can’t do anything but lay on the floor and try to get it to slip back with stretches and twists.

Muzzerflocker!

This is the same old injury come back to haunt me. It’s been several years since something like this happened and I know I’m in for a week of misery until it corrects itself.

Well,damn Dave. I feel your pain. I felt something in my back locking up this morning, neck too. Crawling under truck trying to get dowels to line up. Had to stop. But the legs,oh man! Aches dont stop,and there is no comfort at all

Muzzerflocker!

Sorry to hear this Dave....Yup an F'd up year for sure .......:mob:

Howdy Rob working on the 68 Fairlane, 72 F100 and 67 Mustang fastback in that order.
Still to do is brake work on the 71 Swinger.

75 rpm higher idle fixed the low oil pressure on the 390 as well. Went from 750 rpms to 825 rpms and the pressure went from 8 psi to 20 psi at idle.

68 Fairlane 500 Formal roof has a 351W
The 68 Torino Gt Fastback has a 390fe I need to install. Still working on the bellhousing and linkage for the 4 speed before the install.

How's the transition plans from Korea to VN goin?
Working on it. Found out I needed a travel agent in VN to facilitate the process or the VN Govt, does not let you in. The peoples committee must approve your entry. My girl is getting paperwork prepared from our district, then it goes to my guy in Saigon. They arrange the airfare and quarantine in VN. Think I will be on a flight out of here on the 12th. Im out of quarantine here on the 2nd. Have a hotel booked downtown till the 12 th... Can you say Beer and Cigars ??????

A neat little 289 '67 Fairlane up the coast a ways caught my attention on CL today. I haven't looked to see if the header manufacturers ever got around to the 351W into those Fairlanes. A 427W stroker would be a whole messa fun in one of those hot rods. I put a 351 into my '66 but had to run iron manifolds because there were no headers at the time for them. I do so love that tinny header sound. :D

I got the new steering gear on. Tomorrow im going to let the control arms sit in the sun so the clear coat can dry and it won't chip as easily. Paint a few more odds and ends and go back together Tuesday!!!

A neat little 289 '67 Fairlane up the coast a ways caught my attention on CL today. I haven't looked to see if the header manufacturers ever got around to the 351W into those Fairlanes. A 427W stroker would be a whole messa fun in one of those hot rods. I put a 351 into my '66 but had to run iron manifolds because there were no headers at the time for them. I do so love that tinny header sound. :D
FPA and Doug's make them, but its like buying TTI headers. You are going to pay for them. FPA are the best fitting hands down.

Any of you ford guys into later model stuff like 90s
I have a 4.6 L out of a cop car. I was thinking it would be a good engine to go through for a maverick or little falcon. What do you guys think?

If its a 96-98 2 valve they dont put out as much power as the 99-07 2 valves with the PI heads. Good little motors that can get 25-28 mpg but your stuck at about 235 hp.

Any of you ford guys into later model stuff like 90s
I have a 4.6 L out of a cop car. I was thinking it would be a good engine to go through for a maverick or little falcon. What do you guys think?
Good luck gettin that to fit in a Maverick or Falcon. 302's barely fit with headers.

If its a 96-98 2 valve they dont put out as much power as the 99-07 2 valves with the PI heads. Good little motors that can get 25-28 mpg but your stuck at about 235 hp.
Isn't that enough, if my 318 put out 235 at the rear wheel, I think it's be pretty happy because that is scootin'

The engine is 2002

-
Back