Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I bet they are together and making up for lost time! We will see a photo in a few days with that big Mitchie smile on his face!
A few days that's a huge overestimation...shouldn't be more than 30 seconds to get that big Mitch smile. :eek:

L I B They have activities scheduled at Famoso this weekend and next :eek:
Car, driver and crew only. Limited to 100 cars.
If the gate is open to the place next door to the track is open :rolleyes: a rented scissor lift and some big binoculars might just be the ticket :lol: .

L I B They have activities scheduled at Famoso this weekend and next :eek:
Car, driver and crew only. Limited to 100 cars.
If the gate is open to the place next door to the track is open :rolleyes: a rented scissor lift and some big binoculars might just be the ticket :lol: .
Drag strip or road course? I would like to try a road course sometime.

Will have to be in Bakersfield early Friday morning for the lift.
Probly be all day roading the lift to the track.
Unless I can find one in the oil patch just down the road that I have keys for :lol:
They'll never miss it :rolleyes:

Or the obligatory glass of iced tea our man of mystery who is MIA always has. Mitchey San is MIA. In theory shouldn’t she have fetched him by now? Can’t believe she has anything to offer we don’t? Quick wit, emotional support, appreciation for his car, gunner has more likes than anyone, I mean what is she offering? Why has he tossed us like old news? ......... Oh that.
I think she was supposed to pick him up this morning. But his morning is 12 hours ahead of ours...

The Famoso Bakersfield Raceway dragstrip is located in McFarland, California just north of Bakersfield, California, and is known historically as the home to the annual March Meet, also known as the U.S. Fuel and Gas Championships.

The strip, located on Famoso Road between Highway 99 and Highway 65 east of the Highway 99 and Highway 46 interchange, was originally built in World War II as an Poso Auxiliary Field training base for the nearby Army Air Corps training base at Shafter's Minter Field. After World War II, the Army abandoned the field. It was in the 1950s that an aspiring group of drag racing pioneers from the Bakersfield area, the Bakersfield Smokers, purchased the west of strip and made the necessary adjustments to allow for drag racing. The Famoso Bakersfield Raceway hosted the first ever March Meet in 1959 and it helped establish the National Hot Rod Association's (NHRA) legitimacy. The east part of Poso Auxiliary Field became the Poso Airport.[1][2][3]

Today the Famoso Bakersfield Raceway still hosts the March Meet but it is now strictly a nostalgia drag racing event. The track also hosts fuel-altered events and the annual NHRA Museum's California Hot Rod Reunion in October as well as a high school racing series and other smaller events. It is run by the Kern County Racing Association, Inc. with major sponsorship from the Automobile Club of Southern California, which also sponsors NASCAR and NHRA events and tracks throughout Southern California.

th?id=OIP.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Fargo is in shop. Rear brakes getting a makeover.

Years ago, this or last weekend would have been the weekend for The Budweiser Tune Up at Famoso. The weekend before The Winter Nationals many of the pro teams had their hot rods out of the shop and at Famoso for testing before Pomona. I took my 4 or 5 yr old daughter to the Tune Up one year. Winston Tobacco had a booth in the pits "Buy a pack of Winstons .. Get a free Winston T-shirt" . Got the Winstons for my work partner, got the t-shirt in a kids size, handed the brat a Sharpie and told her "Go get yourself signed." We walked through the pits and without hesitation she found Prudohme, Force, Densham, Jenkins, McEwan, etc. She must have had 30 autographs on that t-shirt. She slept in it for months, she wouldn't let us wash it. :lol:

Or the obligatory glass of iced tea our man of mystery who is MIA always has. Mitchey San is MIA. In theory shouldn’t she have fetched him by now? Can’t believe she has anything to offer we don’t? Quick wit, emotional support, appreciation for his car, gunner has more likes than anyone, I mean what is she offering? Why has he tossed us like old news? ......... Oh that.

Because he is getting his salad tossed silly!

The peoples/utility providers are just going to have to use the more weather resistant technology that is available rather than the cheapest that puts more money in their pockets. Numerous nordic countries are reliant on wind generators with good success. I can think of 1 wind farm in SoCal that has to be affected by sub-freezing over night temps from November until March, but the utility keeps it's success or lack of very hush hush.

-
Back