Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok found one, I did not think I had a true front end pix of Demon yet

43BD14B5-A80C-4D59-95A1-9D52CBF4CCB8.jpeg

Good AM men
So Dave gave me a little info on headliner install, I unglued the sail panels this morning, I will see if I can get it better....

Good AM men
So Dave gave me a little info on headliner install, I unglued the sail panels this morning, I will see if I can get it better....
Well, call me stupid, BUT I am going to order another and do it again......There is one cut that ripped and it can be seen, and it bugs me.....I bet I do a better job the second time around!!! And the front bow sleeve was not in the right location, I was going to just leave it, BUT.... It was made wrong, it sits about 3 inches to far to the rear and the bow will not stand up.....Seems I am not the only one with this issue....

Well, call me stupid, BUT I am going to order another and do it again......There is one cut that ripped and it can be seen, and it bugs me.....I bet I do a better job the second time around!!! And the front bow sleeve was not in the right location, I was going to just leave it, BUT.... It was made wrong, it sits about 3 inches to far to the rear and the bow will not stand up.....Seems I am not the only one with this issue....
I bet flex seal will fix that cut:poke:

On today's agenda, I am going to get the stripped seat from the upholsterers and make a bracket to mount it in the duster. (its out of a fury sport wagon.)
If its not ready, then I am finishing the brake lines.

TJ is just down the road a piece :lol: When you pick it up, just make sure you can see the dome lamp :rofl: Dad took the '57 Ranch Wagon down there. Two tone blue tuck and roll. Didn't notice they had covered right over the dome lamp until the first time he opened the door in the dark and the head liner got a strange blue glow :rofl:

So some tips. Do not cut the bow pockets to much, or to little. And Heat up some as you go, the back on a 66 is a *****. And where you have to glue down, cut excess materiel from behind, otherwise it leaves a lump....And be careful not to cut to much or rip it.

TJ is just down the road a piece :lol: When you pick it up, just make sure you can see the dome lamp :rofl: Dad took the '57 Ranch Wagon down there. Two tone blue tuck and roll. Didn't notice they had covered right over the dome lamp until the first time he opened the door in the dark and the head liner got a strange blue glow :rofl:
They used to do pretty good work down there....Tuck and roll...

So some tips. Do not cut the bow pockets to much, or to little. And Heat up some as you go, the back on a 66 is a *****. And where you have to glue down, cut excess materiel from behind, otherwise it leaves a lump....And be careful not to cut to much or rip it.
That's why my headliner is still torn. Joel, my upholstery guy, said I wouldn't like writing out the check for installing a new one in mine, especially with the glass in.

Had a car done down there, looked great, BUT they used newspaper for padding!!!! Did not last, imagine that...

-
Back