Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
yeah I had the same thoughts. As did our entire engineering team as we watched it. Plus notice how the windows were all blurry until the trucks got there and suddenly the people started moving and the same windows suddenly cleared up? Something for sure seems off.
Who cares?

Who cares?

Personally I don't care, but it was just so strange. People want video of everything nowadays. Rarely does something go without a camera rolling somewhere, then something touted as significant as this - nothing. Then, like mentioned, where was the celebration when on the ground? I wouldn't have been able to contain myself. How can someone just be absolutely motionless?? Just strange.

Who cares?
Personally makes no never mind to me. I could careless. It was just a really really weird broadcast and weird launch. And when an entire room full of engineers all kind of look at each other and say wth did we just see, that speaks volumes.

Sooo, yesterday I put rear seats in my Dart. Had to move drivers seat forward max. It is electric, and not wired yet. So I connected the wiring to the new wires I placed for the seat. Connected the ground cable to batt, moved the seat, and a smoke show ensued!! The hot wire, which I did not insulate, grounded out. I pulled the ground off the Batt, removed the short, and everything still worked. BUT the fusable link was fried.
tenor.gif
New wiring got hot, some insulation deformed from the heat, but still OK. Just have to replace the link. I KNEW I should have fused that connection to the seat!!
tenor.gif

Personally I don't care, but it was just so strange. People want video of everything nowadays. Rarely does something go without a camera rolling somewhere, then something touted as significant as this - nothing. Then, like mentioned, where was the celebration when on the ground? I wouldn't have been able to contain myself. How can someone just be absolutely motionless?? Just strange.
And add in the blurry pictures from every angle that was broadcast, it was weird. We had it on NBC’s broadcast and even the reporter was acting like something was wrong noting the lack of movement from the crew on landing.

Ya think maybe Amazon may have a "Pay per view" event coming soon for the space flight? Retail is after all where they make their money. I need to go back and look at that test launch a few weeks ago over the Channel Islands. Space vehicle was one of those piggy-back off a 747 kinda things. I don't think that it was a Branson/Virgin test.
thinking-face.png
It was Branson :eek: but the vehicle was carrying satellites into orbit.

Sooo, yesterday I put rear seats in my Dart. Had to move drivers seat forward max. It is electric, and not wired yet. So I connected the wiring to the new wires I placed for the seat. Connected the ground cable to batt, moved the seat, and a smoke show ensued!! The hot wire, which I did not insulate, grounded out. I pulled the ground off the Batt, removed the short, and everything still worked. BUT the fusable link was fried. View attachment 1715768505 New wiring got hot, some insulation deformed from the heat, but still OK. Just have to replace the link. I KNEW I should have fused that connection to the seat!!
View attachment 1715768506
What, no witty comments? :lol: I was a stupid thing to do....

Thanks for the pix! Cool to still see some old iron being competitive. I even saw an old fish in there! Wife got me a bucket list item for attending racing school at the Brainard track. Part of me really wants to run the Demon but the other part says run one of their cars as I will likely never get a chance again.
Not quite as competitive as needed to pull off trophies. Our region is pretty competitive and the number of guys that stick with it tend to bring something that is, or has been shown to be capable. The game only gets more competative each year. You know how it is. Cars over seven years old were banned from running 'stock/street' classes at national level events. All because they got scared a mid 70s Lotus might prove competitive is C Stock. But reality is many of the newer cars are better in this game than even moderately modified older cars.

This is my best run on Sat

Compare with Korry Berger Sat video (he runs ESP and I'll join him there next year if Winie drops out of SM)
scroll down.
Facebook Groups

Some is me. I can see he blended the end of the slalom into the righthander downhill with less pinching thats pretty obvious in my video.

never mind its youtube.

here's the results from Sat
Results - Active heat (All)

Sunday was more technical and favored momentum. Take a look at H Street did in even raw times. Yes some very good drivers there too.
Final Results

There was more, but I don’t have pix. :( I think the big tent in back of these was all part of it.

I have seen a couple videos people have posted. Even in those, there looked to only be a few. IDK. I wish I could find some pics.

yeah I had the same thoughts. As did our entire engineering team as we watched it. Plus notice how the windows were all blurry until the trucks got there and suddenly the people started moving and the same windows suddenly cleared up? Something for sure seems off.

It was an empty ride going up.
And and an empty re entry.
Landed on a hidden trap door that the riders climbed out of into the re entry vehicle.
It was all faked. Just like all the moon landings, and a half million other events.:poke:

I was going to ask if Chris sent you the wiring schematic and instructions, but it was to easy. My apologies to Chris.
It did feel like a Chris moment. Sorry Chris. It did.......................................................

Well,,,,Just got back from my second Pfizer Covid vaccine. All good so far. Guess I aint checkin out today. Time to get to work on this Truck.....

Sooo, yesterday I put rear seats in my Dart. Had to move drivers seat forward max. It is electric, and not wired yet. So I connected the wiring to the new wires I placed for the seat. Connected the ground cable to batt, moved the seat, and a smoke show ensued!! The hot wire, which I did not insulate, grounded out. I pulled the ground off the Batt, removed the short, and everything still worked. BUT the fusable link was fried. View attachment 1715768505 New wiring got hot, some insulation deformed from the heat, but still OK. Just have to replace the link. I KNEW I should have fused that connection to the seat!!
View attachment 1715768506
You irritated the angry pixies thereby releasing the magic smoke followed by a few monents of extreme panic realizing there was no insurance or a garden hose nearby, just as well, you just got interior all dried out now. Then relief, realizing it could have been worse!

Better?

Started and moved 4 vehicles that havent run in a year. Cut grass where they were parked. So that is no longer irritating me. The 50 merc needs intake pulled and valves loosened up. Have a jeep here that needs a couple brake lines replaced. I may do that to finish up my day of nothing getting done.

Then there was this. That stupid shelter i bought. Fastened it to some I beam and dragged it outside.
09FAA096-4A19-465A-95B7-2E8AD507BA0C.jpeg

-
Back