Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Evening All! Co-worker is on PTO so I'm a little busier at work. Been moving batteries around, 3 sites to swap, 12 total. Since the one's to remove are even larger, hitting up a guy from another "discipline" to pull some OT Friday. I'm now working out of yet another truck, Colorado. Killed the Escape, it lost it's mind, front end chattering, wouldn't go. ABS light and traction control light, weird. Then straightens out and drove fine for awhile, then self protect mode again, dangerous, I had it towed.

Depends what ohm system is it?
10 to 45 is original sender. On 6 volts
Tank is now from mid 70’s pickup, 80 ohm i think.
I used a instrument voltage reducer from the pickup.
Truck runs out of gas before gauge does.

So full is accurate I bet? Mopar full is about ten. Not much you can do really to make the full range of the gauge work I am thinking a aftermarket set up or a newer Mopar gauge if that is a Mopar sender. Also that sender is set for a gauge at 5VDC, not sure what yours runs on now does it have a limiter like Mopar does? and if so what is the output and what should the gauge be using? Lots of variables, not like you can just add resistance to work over the full range.

c-3826-jpg-jpg.jpg

You can add 29 ohms in line and it wil be accurate empty but the rest not good.

^^^^:rofl: ...that image will give me nightmares now...thanks a bunch. :D

Had a coffee a couple of hours before going to bed last might, and barely slept an hour all night. Might have to sink a whisky or three tonight to knock me out.

-
Back