Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
How did you make out with the exhaust.
In progress

20210810_160549_HDR.jpg

20210810_160602_HDR.jpg

Those shrouds I have are '70 up probably /6. Should be fairly easy to find in the state of paradise by the sea.
The question is how that might fit or be fitted on an early A and whatever radiator is being used.

Here's intact one laying on a '68 radiator with a '70 bottom tank.
upload_2021-8-10_20-9-38.png

Here's two on top of each other.
upload_2021-8-10_20-13-31.png

upload_2021-8-10_20-14-34.png

And the new water pump has plugs no fittings for heater and bypass hose.
:mad:. Something else to search for.
Why are you changing water pumps?
The Edlebrock pumps are like that. They supplied fittings, but they were brass fitting for the aluminumn pump. :realcrazy:\
upload_2021-8-10_20-16-37.png

Bigger problem was the pump needs to be ground back a bit to fit. Told 'em - sent 'em picks. Bet they never fixed the issue.
upload_2021-8-10_20-17-4.png

Philly streets are rough on cars.
Fixed it.

Got a few more hours in - mostly cleaning - but this is always a bit of jigsaw puzzle fitting in box wrenches and sockets..
upload_2021-8-10_20-29-9.png

upload_2021-8-10_20-30-21.png

Well. Runs hotter then I would like. Also oil pressure is not as high as I would like. And over drive inop. And trans shifts wonkey. That is probably just low on fluid. 10W 30 oil. Going to change to 20W 50. 25 psi hot 210 degrees 1000rpm idle in gear. 55 driving.... And I will check coolent level when it cools down. But damn the thing runs like a bat out of hell

Well. Runs hotter then I would like. Also oil pressure is not as high as I would like. And over drive inop. And trans shifts wonkey. That is probably just low on fluid. 10W 30 oil. Going to change to 20W 50. 25 psi hot 210 degrees 1000rpm idle in gear. 55 driving.... And I will check coolent level when it cools down. But damn the thing runs like a bat out of hell
Full groove bearings?

Fix the trans first. That might effect everything else.
For oil maybe try a 5W-40. big jump from 30 to 50.
55 driving seems about right. 25 psi at idle actually seems a little high but acceptable.

Any info is appreciated.
You talking about the fan shroud?
I was saying nevermind about the Philly weather and my reworking of it.

What radiator do you have in the '66?
I somehow made that one shroud that busted work on a squaretop radiator. I might have installed it upside down. let me look at the photo again.

I somehow made that one shroud that busted work on a squaretop radiator. I might have installed it upside down. let me look at the photo again.
It was installed as we see it here.
My recollection is the break is from the fan blade flying off and then it hit the battery tray and battery (driver side).
upload_2021-8-10_20-13-31-png.png

Notice I drilled some new holes to mount it a little higher than the factory holes.

Also have pics and measurements of a repop '68-9 shroud. '67 is different but I dont know the details.

You talking about the fan shroud?
I was saying nevermind about the Philly weather and my reworking of it.

What radiator do you have in the '66?
It is a mopar rad from 1967 v8. Recoreed 3 row 55 tubes per row. Should do the job. And a high flow pump . it measures 22 wide 19 high

-
Back