Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not really sure what differences define them as RT, 500 etc.

R/T visually was just badging and a stripe essentially, other mods done to the car for performance. The C500 (in 1969 only) had flush 68 Coronet grill and flush back window (like the Daytona).

upload_2022-6-29_9-33-20.png

In 1970, the Charger 500 was just badges or trim. No flush grill or flush back window.

Definitely more clone Daytonas than C500s. So many people don't even know what the C500 is. 392 of them.

Yeah, only 392 Charger 500's instead of the required 500 because they snuck one by and used the last 108 Charger 500's to make the first Daytonas...

Met an owner of another 67 Barracuda notch yesterday when I pulled in at the supermarket.
Black with a 'lace' roof.
View attachment 1715949051
He owns a couple of antique stores in the area (I might call them junk stores, but I didnt say that!) I'll stop in and check the closest one out at some point. Seemed like a nice guy.

I also met another 67 Barracuda owner at the cruise on Monday...

KIMG2924 B097.JPG

KIMG2925 B098.JPG

KIMG2927 B100.JPG

And safe travels to Mitch wherever he may be
Right now in New York. Flew from Saigon to Tokyo. Then from Tokyo to JFK. But had to transfer to LaGuardia Airport. You would think that would be at no charge since I booked it all online together. Nope cost me $35 for a cab to come over to LaGuardia. So here I am now. Eating a burger at the Brooklyn diner. Burger is $25 and a beer is $10. Quite a culture shock coming back from Vietnam.

Right now in New York. Flew from Saigon to Tokyo. Then from Tokyo to JFK. But had to transfer to LaGuardia Airport. You would think that would be at no charge since I booked it all online together. Nope cost me $35 for a cab to come over to LaGuardia. So here I am now. Eating a burger at the Brooklyn diner. Burger is $25 and a beer is $10. Quite a culture shock coming back from Vietnam.
Damn pricey burger

Welcome back Mitch...

Done that transfer before. Is Laguardia still a "show" during their upgrades?

Windshield resealed. I hope no more leaks. Installed bigger cupholders. Next is my seat belt i guess. Carpet and sill trim. Dont know for sure about the sill trim, but is easy to snag carpet and slide it around. Check fluids, pack tools and adjust brakes.

Glad you had a mostly uneventful trip :thumbsup:

Very nice funeral. Uncle John was a character and a Marine. Full military. Hard for me to do. I don't do graveside well especially when they play Taps and fold the flag.

Got most of the to do list done. Carpet in, seat belts in. Put in the last of my sound deadener,will need more. Just clean interior,windows and go have fun. Cup holders worked out,and the spare one velcro’d to carpet. Should be a tad quieter.

-
Back