Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So not original to the car but close
If the book is accurate. Sure. It’s also not uncommon in the 1958-1965 period for transmission AND engines to have markings that are not documented correctly. For example, it is possible to have a “max wedge” casting number on the side of a 413. But that doesn’t mean it was a max wedge engine. They were two series of molds that used the same casting numbers. The difference is that all TRUE MAX WEDGE 413s had an AAQA on the front of the block, where the other mold that shared the same casting number did not.

pre-1966 is very difficult to fully document accurately

Last edited:
If the book is accurate. Sure. It’s also not uncommon in the 1958-1965 period for transmission AND engines to have markings that are documented correctly. For example, it is possible to have a “max wedge” casting number on the side of a 413. But that doesn’t mean it was a max wedge engine. They were two series of molds that used the same casting numbers. The difference is that all TRUE MAX WEDGE 413s had an AAQA on the front of the block, where the other mold that shared the same casting number did not.

pre-1966 is very difficult to fully document accurately

Thanks Chris

Yes, I've noticed that 67 and up there's some pretty good sources and records but the early As are much more mysterious.

Good evening men.
Hey Tim

Oh, check out before/after

Went with the Moog OE ends. Substantial upgrade in quality. (Sorry PST)

IMG_3427.jpg

View attachment 1715950324

20220701_192356.jpg

20220701_171620.jpg

20220701_171159.jpg

I'll run the through the alignment measurements tomorrow. Eyeball looks really good. Matched the tie rod lengths... added some suspension height so may need to work that out

Dropped in the new coil... need to rework some of the vacuum lines and another road test

20220701_194637.jpg

20220701_194704.jpg

Thanks Chris

Yes, I've noticed that 67 and up there's some pretty good sources and records but the early As are much more mysterious.
Not just the early As, it’s the B’s and C’s as well. Pretty much everything in the Chrysler arsenal

Not just the early As, it’s the B’s and C’s as well. Pretty much everything in the Chrysler arsenal
Ma Mopar didn't keep much for records in the early 60's. Everything was on IBM cards. There was also a fire in 65 (I believe) that destroyed a lot of the records. Especially specific breakdowns.

I didn't know that @toolmanmike , I was told about them loosing records, seems like Terry (hippie) Sevener told me that years ago.

Mikie moved a window unit for a retired old friend this morning, installed it in a window, after setting in the truck and having a late lunch I came home and my neck was burning, just removed ice pack and now enjoying some heating pad time on it.
Good evening men ! Tony Fields wall picture i ran across

FB_IMG_1572093304580.jpg

I didn't know that @toolmanmike , I was told about them loosing records, seems like Terry (hippie) Sevener told me that years ago.

Mikie moved a window unit for a retired old friend this morning, installed it in a window, after setting in the truck and having a late lunch I came home and my neck was burning, just removed ice pack and now enjoying some heating pad time on it.
Good evening men ! Tony Fields wall picture i ran across

View attachment 1715950355
Hot and cold. Hope it get's feeling better Mike

Back to cold pack, last time and I should rest well now.

Goop night.

-
Back