Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Are you serious? Because of the confederates'? The war is starting back up in my opinion.

Redneck Map.jpeg

Well I got home Wednesday evening. Two days later I finally got my Wi-Fi and television service from Comcast working here. Long *** story. In January when I left I put my plan on seasonal to pay less per month so that they could simply just turn everything back on. When I tried to renew the seasonal plans 3 months later they told me I could only do a seasonal plan once a year. So the rep told me just to turn off my Comcast completely. So I did. He told me to call a few days before I came home so that it would all be in place when I got here. So I did I called on Monday the 26th from Vietnam thought I had it all squared away except for they wanted a serial number off of my personal Wi-Fi router. She told me she'd call me on Wednesday evening at 6:00 p.m. she never called. I have zero Verizon service here at my house for whatever reason then that way for years. So when I try to call from here Wednesday evening to Comcast not only did the call get dropped three or four times but I always got somebody who spoke horrible English I couldn't understand. So yesterday morning when I got up I went to my son's restaurant where I could get good cell service and Wi-Fi and set up my laptop. Well again after four tries I finally got somebody who was born in this country who could speak English like you and I. Got me squared away I had all the pics from the back of the boxes that I have here. Spent 3 hours at the restaurant just getting that done. Got home I got Wi-Fi and I got one TV. That was good enough. So I got up this morning to check why the other two weren't working. Both of my sons have been in my house while I was gone. I found the HDMI cables disconnecting on both TVs inside the apartment. So long story short I've been trying to get my cable TV and my Wi-Fi back on for a week now. Sorry rant over

Your password wasn't long enough...

My *****.jpg

In that part of the country more then likely still dead men in the ground undiscovered. I get it...
That's probably one of the origins for the rule. Sacred ground and easy to understand how play acting getting wounded and killed, never mind the rest of it, just doesn't sit well.
The other part, which is probably has become the larger concern, is managing the safety of particpants and the observing public. Lots of ways to hurt yourself and others.*
If there is no public, then what's the point of doing a 'demonstration'. You can't say its 'for fun' when its tax dollars on the line. Living History has more or less earned its place because it gets people interested. It works.

*Happened back in the day too. Here's just one example thats on-line How Cartridge Paper almost killed King George III

Well I got home Wednesday evening. Two days later I finally got my Wi-Fi and television service from Comcast working here. Long *** story. In January when I left I put my plan on seasonal to pay less per month so that they could simply just turn everything back on. When I tried to renew the seasonal plans 3 months later they told me I could only do a seasonal plan once a year. So the rep told me just to turn off my Comcast completely. So I did. He told me to call a few days before I came home so that it would all be in place when I got here. So I did I called on Monday the 26th from Vietnam thought I had it all squared away except for they wanted a serial number off of my personal Wi-Fi router. She told me she'd call me on Wednesday evening at 6:00 p.m. she never called. I have zero Verizon service here at my house for whatever reason then that way for years. So when I try to call from here Wednesday evening to Comcast not only did the call get dropped three or four times but I always got somebody who spoke horrible English I couldn't understand. So yesterday morning when I got up I went to my son's restaurant where I could get good cell service and Wi-Fi and set up my laptop. Well again after four tries I finally got somebody who was born in this country who could speak English like you and I. Got me squared away I had all the pics from the back of the boxes that I have here. Spent 3 hours at the restaurant just getting that done. Got home I got Wi-Fi and I got one TV. That was good enough. So I got up this morning to check why the other two weren't working. Both of my sons have been in my house while I was gone. I found the HDMI cables disconnecting on both TVs inside the apartment. So long story short I've been trying to get my cable TV and my Wi-Fi back on for a week now. Sorry rant over
Well let me welcome you back in the states my friend, and glad you have all that figured out there at home.
Picked a dozen big fresh tomatoes and 9 cucumbers this morning, pulled all my celery up, cut and put in a big jar of water, half a dozen bell peppers and cucumbers.

Hot out there right now!!

Well let me welcome you back in the states my friend, and glad you have all that figured out there at home.
Picked a dozen big fresh tomatoes and 9 cucumbers this morning, pulled all my celery up, cut and put in a big jar of water, half a dozen bell peppers and cucumbers.

Hot out there right now!!
Only thing I picked so far was radishes. Have some zucchini on now, so they won’t be long. Might be a cucumber or two hiding under the leaves. Looks like big storms getting ready to roll through here…

We stopped at Taylor's Maid Rite's. It is a institution. It's been around since 1928.

20220701_120628.jpg

20220701_120702.jpg

They are messy to eat but they provide a spoon for all the left over yum yum's.
20220701_121027.jpg

We got there right at noon today. The place was packed. This is a photo from their website.
10453003_1400704126900011_9071442512536841423_o.jpg

Last edited:
Just about ready to leave for the wedding. Two cars following us as they have no clue how to find the place. About 20 minute drive on some nice gravel roads. Perfect weather too!

Just about ready to leave for the wedding. Two cars following us as they have no clue how to find the place. About 20 minute drive on some nice gravel roads. Perfect weather too!

Great to have good weather.

Thunder storm front moving through. Doggo and I sat in the garage with the doors open and watched if roll up the valley

Captain Morgan over ice, waiting on my steak here at cheddars, cooling off after a hot under my truck oil change and checked all fluids.
Cheers

16567042782005981306202041011838.jpg

Great to have good weather.

Thunder storm front moving through. Doggo and I sat in the garage with the doors open and watched if roll up the valley
I love watching the weather like that roll in, fresh air and most likely cool air moving in i hope, hot air and a front not so much, that would indicate bad weather..

‘Loose meat’ sandwich.:rolleyes:
Interesting, the Maid Rite franchise started here in the center of the state so that's what we call them. On the west side of the state they serve "Loose Meats" or if they are doctored up they are called "Taverns"

Ugh pass the ice water. 12 hours under the sun on horseback for a funeral. Time for bed

-
Back