Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
See that right there is where we differ, I buy a bunch of stuff I don’t need then never return it thinking I will use it some day! And my number one move is to put “it” somewhere special so that I don’t lose it. Then when I tear the shop apart trying to find it, to no avail. I then go buy another one. And presto change I find it! It is my best magic trick ever!
My life story.

So yesterday the Wife tells me that Jaquie across the street bought a helcat my daughter told her. Yeah right prob a SRT at best. SOB she bought a 2019 Hellcat! I will get pics.

Big bosses all in this week. We are trying to sort out details for my last thirty days. The COO has already requested I come back up here for Board Meeting next month. Arghh! I figure they will at very least buy a bunch of diesel for a trailer load!

Well I rock my legendary FABO calendar at work, I flip it over this morning only to find….. yep, wildly inappropriate for my office! Hah! So I flip it forward a month to Sept and we got BD smooching his new wife. Left that one up! Calendar makes me laugh every month!

Well I rock my legendary FABO calendar at work, I flip it over this morning only to find….. yep, wildly inappropriate for my office! Hah! So I flip it forward a month to Sept and we got BD smooching his new wife. Left that one up! Calendar makes me laugh every month!
It is Hoppy Month you know!
dennis.jpg

I actually think that roll your own worked well this year.

So the search engine on this site is weak. Anyone know how to squeeze more power out of a 273.

I have a recently acquired 69 273 2bbl. In a 69 valiant.

I'm assuming it's like a 318.... cam, carb, and headers

First, dual exhaust...

Then add 4 bbl and cam if desired...

Make sure to replace stock timing chain with double roller....

Edelbrock performer intake sucks, get an Edelbrock LD4B or wiand Stealth dual plane....

Good morning everyone. I hope all is well. Couple more weeks working at home. Anxious to get back to the lab, but this sure has its advantages. No driving, saves gas. Hours are what I make them, etc.

Good morning everyone. I hope all is well. Couple more weeks working at home. Anxious to get back to the lab, but this sure has its advantages. No driving, saves gas. Hours are what I make them, etc.
Like being retired. :lol:

The gaskets inside were all blue ones which I understand are not the original (??)
I beleive that is true but don't know that for certain.
The last carb I bought NIB was a 3310-3 in 1989. At that time new Holleys came with tan gaskets and I dont recall blue gaskets for sale until a couple years later.

Power valve and a couple other places had double gaskets.
Or the gasket split when removed. I find that is really common.

The screws on the secondary metering body were barely finger tight.

The secondary metering body plate is missing completely....
I spy
upload_2022-8-1_7-58-48.png

a metering plate.
Surprised it didn't leak externally without the plate. Some plates also have a sheetmetal gasket of sorts.

So if the secondary diaphragm looked to be messed up...perhaps not allowing the secondaries to kick in...would that explain how fouled up those butterflies were and why the back half of the intake had so much more buildup compared to the front?
Maybe.
Fuel only flows to the boosters when the air velocity is high enough.
Fuel flows to the transfer slots when they see manifold vacuum.
The secondary transfer slots are high up but slightly opening hte secondary throttles would expose them.

edit: without the the plate

Last edited:
Retired haha I feel like I work harder or do more since I did retired. Speaking of retired first of the month loafers it's PAYDAY!!
You do work hard. A lot harder than I am capable of. I just don't have it in me any more. Your new house really added to that though.

You do work hard. A lot harder than I am capable of. I just don't have it in me any more. Your new house really added to that though.
It did wore me out to the point I was down and sick for a month last winter.
You worked hard too for all you have. Now with the wife retiring hopefully you can do things and go places.
I enjoy having Cheryl at home we're good for each other!!

-
Back