Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I wonder if Tim will move now… San Diego wants to ban personally owned cars within city limits…

So I wonder if Tim will move now… San Diego wants to ban personally owned cars within city limits…
Ummm, Huh, What? Last i checked, he doesn't live in San Diego. That's like saying I should move cause some housing development down the road has rules I don't like.

Ummm, Huh, What? Last i checked, he doesn't live in San Diego. That's like saying I should move cause some housing development down the road has rules I don't like.
Yeah but it seems once one city gets a crazy idea, the entire state runs with it.

See it every day with stamps. I took a lot of the newer stamps from collection I bought to a dealer and he wanted to give me 30% of face value. No deal. Said I will never sell them all online. He may be right, but if I sell half of them at 70% I'm already ahead of his offer... These guys can buy stamps all day long at those rates because there are many people just looking to dump an inherited collection for cash. Similar to how I was able to buy these cheap and still give the seller what they considered a good price. I have sold a few sheets at 70+%. Just traded some for other stamps I needed for my collection. I'm in no rush...
That's why my friend decided to use them rather than sell his. Still worth full face value to the post office.

Yeah but it seems once one city gets a crazy idea, the entire state runs with it.
Why repeat such a riduclous claim?

'San Diego' didn't want to do anything. Who actually said that and what did they actually do?
If an unabashed in your face city leader like Ed Koch (a former mayor of NYC) or an off the cuff leader (pick any) makes a comment or suggestion in a press conference or to his buddy at a diner, that doesn't represent the position of 'the city' or (pick an entity). It means nothing and its a big leap to claim it represent the majority will of thousands of people.

Before repeating such 'news', find out who said it and in what context. If its a bill being proposed, then maybe there's actually something there. But if its a bill being proposed by say the People Workers Party councilperson, with no support from the other 16 councilpeople, its going nowhere and clearly doesn't represent anything more than a politcal gesture.

rant over/

1835 old Crow was the first to use the sour mash method to make whiskey... I be darn.

So the roads here suck right now skidded all over the place getting to town. Hell doing 20 MPH and stop you skid 50 more feet. Really bad they did not pretreat is my guess. Only a inch when I got back.

Hey guys. San Diego is pissing me off taking parking spaces and making bike lanes everywhere you want to park..........

Vood engine, had no issues. Think it was about 100K on it and the owner before me took care of it well. I would re gasket and valve seal it if I was going to run it.

So the roads here suck right now skidded all over the place getting to town. Hell doing 20 MPH and stop you skid 50 more feet. Really bad they did not pretreat is my guess. Only a inch when I got back.
Snow just started maybe 20 minutes ago. Was like someone flipped a switc and it went from nothing to blizzard. Still not expecting much accumulation

It is just slippery coming back was like driving the millennium falcon!

C2CmlKLWQAAqakf.jpg

It’s a weird system. We started out with rain last night, turned to snow, had 3 inches of snow with a layer of ice underneath on the ground when they cancelled school today at 515 , at 8 am, it switched back to all rain, all the snow is now gone, but they’re calling for it to switch over to snow again at 1 and give us 2-4 more inches of snow…

He picks up post cards at the flea market and mails frequently just for fun.
The coolest post card I ever saw was from coca beach Florida in circle 1964. An aerial shot of them building the nasa space complex. I’ll see if I can find where I stashed it

It’s a weird system. We started out with rain last night, turned to snow, had 3 inches of snow with a layer of ice underneath on the ground when they cancelled school today at 515 , at 8 am, it switched back to all rain, all the snow is now gone, but they’re calling for it to switch over to snow again at 1 and give us 2-4 more inches of snow…
Kind of what they are calling for here also.

-
Back