Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Some humor to brighten up all y’all’s morning since so many on here are Vets. Jodi has to go on a road trip for work so yesterday I was getting some new shoes on her rig. The tire tech sees USMC decal in back window, he proceeds to come over to me with his puffed up maybe 18 year old self. He promptly tells me he was going to be a Marine but the recruiter hated him so he went Navy SEAL instead. Cold rainy day, my filter was not in place, I quipped what is a Navy SEAL like you doing at the tire shop? He explained he was getting ready to become one guaranteed. I ask how so, You do not look like you are in the military? He explains he will leave for boot camp in a few months where he will then become a SEAL. He further explains it was that or Sniper as he was going into the “Spec Ops” regardless as the recruiter signed him up for that. Thought to myself, heck I joined up because they said they would feed me!

Morning!
-7 and snow any moment according to the forecaster.

The flooring guys seem to be really moving on that job.

Two oil changes, then Studebaker for a couple days.

Some humor to brighten up all y’all’s morning since so many on here are Vets. Jodi has to go on a road trip for work so yesterday I was getting some new shoes on her rig. The tire tech sees USMC decal in back window, he proceeds to come over to me with his puffed up maybe 18 year old self. He promptly tells me he was going to be a Marine but the recruiter hated him so he went Navy SEAL instead. Cold rainy day, my filter was not in place, I quipped what is a Navy SEAL like you doing at the tire shop? He explained he was getting ready to become one guaranteed. I ask how so, You do not look like you are in the military? He explains he will leave for boot camp in a few months where he will then become a SEAL. He further explains it was that or Sniper as he was going into the “Spec Ops” regardless as the recruiter signed him up for that. Thought to myself, heck I joined up because they said they would feed me!
And you did not have to choose what to wear daily either!

Oh my goodness :lol: I haven't had a good laugh yet this morning, but you fixed me up, seen a few friends go, but neither of them made it in..

:rofl:

Don't suck... Pull at 4

Morning guys late start slept in for a change never on purpose, but I'll take it.

Wondering if I should laugh about it, I will at least give the young man a good luck @Sublime one

There's a lot of nuance in that story...

"I was gonna be"

"My recruiter said...."

"Spec Ops"

I hope the young man goes out there and kicks some arse and has an amazing career...

I was kinda like John... my career started because I was out of work and lacked direction.

There's a lot of nuance in that story...

"I was gonna be"

"My recruiter said...."

"Spec Ops"

I hope the young man goes out there and kicks some arse and has an amazing career...

I was kinda like John... my career started because I was out of work and lacked direction.
Most of us have a "why" story me I had bombed a semester of college and needed to get away from it all.
On a Wednesday I went to the recruiter and asked how soon I could leave. He replied if we can get the paperwork done Sunday??
I was gone and enjoyed the 33 years I gave!!

Well sounds like the core has someone great with enthusiasm to sweep the floors. No guarantee for a Seal, or Spec ops. Goes by eligible career fields, then volunteering for the test, doing the preliminary, graduating your career field, then Maybe they pick you. Trust me I worked with a ton of them.

Well sounds like the core has someone great with enthusiasm to sweep the floors. No guarantee for a Seal, or Spec ops. Goes by eligible career fields, then volunteering for the teat, doing the preliminary then Maybe they pick you. Trust me I worked with a ton of them.
Hey the plus side is he can change and balance a tire...at least I think he can...can he John?? :rofl:

Well sounds like the core has someone great with enthusiasm to sweep the floors. No guarantee for a Seal, or Spec ops. Goes by eligible career fields, then volunteering for the test, doing the preliminary then Maybe they pick you. Trust me I worked with a ton of them.
As Yoda would say

Do or Do Not
There is no Try

I dont thik motor pool is a elegible caree field. Navigator, bosun mate, Radio operator and medic for sure.

As Yoda would say

Do or Do Not
There is no Try
I had plans after Infantry Officer Basic to stay at Benning and go through Ranger school.
In my basic course we went to the woods in January that year for three weeks with the Ranger's for Ranger training...haha!!
It was a cold rainy most every 24/7 intensive three weeks ending with a water survival course on the last day with the air temp 40 and the water temp not much higher.
After that I said :wtf: and let that plan go by the wayside.
You the man Chris for doing what you did. All of you are we all had our experiences and challenges and came out a better person on the other side and somewhat sane.

It's Willy's Wednesday!

ebay276402.jpg

Good morning :D

I had plans after Infantry Officer Basic to stay at Benning and go through Ranger school.
In my basic course we went to the woods in January that year for three weeks with the Ranger's for Ranger training...haha!!
It was a cold rainy most every 24/7 intensive three weeks ending with a water survival course on the last day with the air temp 40 and the water temp not much higher.
After that I said :wtf: and let that plan go by the wayside.
You the man Chris for doing what you did. All of you are we all had our experiences and challenges and came out a better person on the other side and somewhat sane.

Thanks Craig

I was a compulsive volunteer.

-
Back