Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I's 42° and foggy here. I am going to fire up the smoker and hickory smoke a slab of fresh side into bacon.

20230314_162204.jpg

20230314_162213.jpg

20230314_163159.jpg

20230314_163709.jpg

20230322_082013.jpg

Last edited:
So.. my shop is in a little L shaped strip mall, a cigar bar opened at one end (Cigars smell like a rolled diaper and stink of everything, i hate em) and my friends shop is like 3 doors down from that, her place stunk and she would get asthma attacks every morning and was miserable.. i put my Ozone machine in there last night and it smells clean as a hospital.. I knew it worked but i didn't think it would be that good :)
Just my story for the day :)

P.S. that remote mirror actually doesn't look like a bad deal.. really good chrome still

I bought a right hand remote ftom slant 6 Dan that came off a right hand drive car. I don't have the heart to drill a hole in my door for the remote. I think the c bodies had RH remotes with long cables and the control was on the dash.

So.. my shop is in a little L shaped strip mall, a cigar bar opened at one end (Cigars smell like a rolled diaper and stink of everything, i hate em) and my friends shop is like 3 doors down from that, her place stunk and she would get asthma attacks every morning and was miserable.. i put my Ozone machine in there last night and it smells clean as a hospital.. I knew it worked but i didn't think it would be that good :)
Just my story for the day :)

P.S. that remote mirror actually doesn't look like a bad deal.. really good chrome still
I smoke cigars in my garage at home and in my car occasionally. I also have an ozone machine. Works great. Leave it on when I leave the garage, next morning couldn't tell anybody smoked in there. I also have used it in the car overnight to clear it out.

I smoke cigars in my garage at home and in my car occasionally. I also have an ozone machine. Works great. Leave it on when I leave the garage, next morning couldn't tell anybody smoked in there. I also have used it in the car overnight to clear it out.
Nice of you to clean that up.. seems most cigar guys think everyone loves them.. I had a guy come in with a laptop yesterday and i had to open my doors after he left to clear out the smell.. he said "They are like wood tipped wine" and i replied.. no.. it's like a dirty ashtray..

I don't care what people do.. i just don't wanna have to smell it :)

I used to smoke cigars, pretty rare lately. I remember going to a bar, back when you could smoke inside still, and went to light up. The bartender yelled at me and said I couldn't smoke that stinky thing in the bar. Are you serious??!! Cigarette smoke was so thick you could hardly see there was a bartender. I tried to be courteous to all, but that was just the stupidest thing I had ever heard.

I used to smoke cigars, pretty rare lately. I remember going to a bar, back when you could smoke inside still, and went to light up. The bartender yelled at me and said I couldn't smoke that stinky thing in the bar. Are you serious??!! Cigarette smoke was so thick you could hardly see there was a bartender. I tried to be courteous to all, but that was just the stupidest thing I had ever heard.

There's a cigar lounge in the old downtown area here... nice, comfy leather chairs. I keep a few in my little humidor, just in case.

when you dont smoke, cigar smoke is sooo much worse than cigarettes... i would rather smell catpiss

If I recall correctly, the passenger side was referred to as a Towing Mirror and were not very common, dealer installed item
My 2d is not to install a pss side mirror as they are are practically useless.
You know how I came to that conclusion.

when you dont smoke, cigar smoke is sooo much worse than cigarettes... i would rather smell catpiss
That is personal taste. Cigarette smoke is far worse to me any many I know. That is my stance before smoking, while smoking and now that I rarely partake in any. A old school pipe is even better than a cigar. To me, a good dark maduro cigar has the same bitter full bodied flavors as dark roast coffee and dark stout beer.

That is personal taste. Cigarette smoke is far worse to me any many I know. That is my stance before smoking, while smoking and now that I rarely partake in any. A old school pipe is even better than a cigar. To me, a good dark maduro cigar has the same bitter full bodied flavors as dark roast coffee and dark stout beer.
i dont mind pipe, cigar just lingers and is just horrible. all personal though

I's 42° and foggy here. I am going to fire up the smoker and hickory smoke a slab of fresh side into bacon.

View attachment 1716067128

View attachment 1716067129

View attachment 1716067130

View attachment 1716067131

View attachment 1716067141
Dang, I failed. I didn't take a photo of the side pork yesterday before I rinsed off all the slimy, gooey cure off it. It was a thing of beauty! You rinse it off, pat it dry and crack some pepper on top and let it sit uncovered overnight in the frig. I have the smoker warming up and it will get smoked at 160° or so for about 6 hours. Internal temp, 150°.

Flooring is going pretty well. The more I watch these guys and all the ceramic tile specific tools they must use, the more it reinforces my decision to not do it myself. Plus the mere fact he has four guys and they are all busy and doing specific tasks simultaneously to keep him fed with tile.

View attachment 1716067103
That wood grain tile is pretty cool. Saw that while I was shopping around this weekend. And you can't get a much more permanent floor. But $$$. Hope you got a hell of a deal buying that much. I got 3 boxes of vinyl plank for my tiny basement bathroom and cost $170 on a discount buy. Here's my big haul plus a $15 Marketplace mirror I am refinishing to match vanity. LOL

102A0F3E-AA6C-4873-89AE-0D7D998B7E88.jpeg

One service done. One to go. Then i think i will cap off the week working on studebaker

That wood grain tile is pretty cool. Saw that while I was shopping around this weekend. And you can't get a much more permanent floor. But $$$. Hope you got a hell of a deal buying that much. I got 3 boxes of vinyl plank for my tiny basement bathroom and cost $170 on a discount buy. Here's my big haul plus a $15 Marketplace mirror I am refinishing to match vanity. LOL

View attachment 1716067149
It only costs that much more to go first class!

-
Back