I will proudly take a stand
When liberty's in jeopardy
I will always do what's right
I'm out here on the front lines
So sleep in peace tonight
American soldier, I'm an American
an American
an American soldier

Thank you for your service isn't just words.

Thanks to all the active too, they're on their way from what I'm reading, to Beno, Be no wine, Be no women, Be no song!

Last edited:
Time for me to get moving. It’s my daughter’s birthday today. I also told my dad I’d take him to breakfast for Veterans Day.
I hope you all have a relaxing Veterans Day. Thank you all for your service. I’ll check back in later.

Ask Jeeves!
Deployed tactical nuclear weapons are now restricted to various modifications to the B-61 gravity, or free-fall, bomb. US aircraft capable of delivering this weapon are the A-4, A-6, A-7, AV-8B, F-4, F-15, F-16, F-18, F-111, and presumably the F-117 stealth fighter.
Not sure just how accurate that is being that over half of those are no longer in service and haven’t been for years. Infact, I think only the F15, F16 and F18 are still in service

Lyrics

I'm just trying to be a father
Raise a daughter and a son
Be a lover to their mother
Everything to everyone
Up and at 'em bright and early
I'm all business in my suit
Yeah, I'm dressed up for success
From my head down to my boots
I don't do it for the money
There's bills that I can't pay
I don't do it for the glory
I just do it anyway
Providing for our future's my responsibility
Yeah, I'm real good under pressure
Being all that I can be
And I can't call in sick on Mondays
When the weekends been too strong
I just work straight through the holidays
And sometimes all night long
You can bet that I stand ready
When the wolf growls at the door
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady
Hey I'm true down to the core
And I will always do my duty
No matter what the price
I've counted up the cost
I know the sacrifice
Oh, and I don't want to die for you
But if dyin's asked of me
I'll bear that cross with honor
'Cause freedom don't come free
I'm an American soldier, an American
Beside my brothers and my sisters
Sleep in peace tonight
American soldier, I'm an American soldier
yeah, an American soldier, an American
Beside my brothers and my sisters
So sleep in peace tonight
American soldier, I'm an American
an American
an American soldier

Thank you for your service isn't just words.
This song is what was the background music for the slideshow for the viewing. Very humbling .

On June 14, two Lebanese Shiite Muslim gunmen hijacked TWA Flight 847, carrying 153 passengers and crew, including many Americans. In response, USS Nimitz cancelled a visit to Livorno, Italy, and was ordered to steam at flank speed to the eastern Mediterranean, off the coast of Lebanon, where it remained until August.

And I had tour tickets to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, was getting ready to pull into port when we were suddenly hauling *** the other way, oh well!

On June 14, two Lebanese Shiite Muslim gunmen hijacked TWA Flight 847, carrying 153 passengers and crew, including many Americans. In response, USS Nimitz cancelled a visit to Livorno, Italy, and was ordered to steam at flank speed to the eastern Mediterranean, off the coast of Lebanon, where it remained until August.

And I had tour tickets to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, was getting ready to pull into port when we were suddenly hauling *** the other way, oh well!
Never ever make plans when on the med. I got lucky in 87 we were on a MARG and in toulon for two months with the French. Took a months leave and me and a friend just winged it to Paris. Pretty funny the div officer askes where we staying, no Fing idea sir. Had to check in with the US embassay once a week and give them updates.

Sunrise here this morning. My buddy across the lake sent it to me. We don’t live on the lake and our sunrise view is blocked by the woods.

72140019050__32FD4DD7-DEAA-4B33-A91C-F685F4F10050.jpeg

Never ever make plans when on the med. I got lucky in 87 we were on a MARG and in toulon for two months with the French. Took a months leave and me and a friend just winged it to Paris. Pretty funny the div officer askes where we staying, no Fing idea sir. Had to check in with the US embassay once a week and give them updates.
We had a long port visit in Toulon, I stayed in a cheap hotel for many nights. I also took a tour to Paris, TVW fast train, that was fun. Ate dinner in Eiffel Tower, Louve was closed tho : ( Babbett our tour guide took us to "La Scall" a disco, opened at 10 pm and ended around 6 am, crazy place

We had a long port visit in Toulon, I stayed in a cheap hotel for many nights. I also took a tour to Paris, TVW fast train, that was fun. Ate dinner in Eiffel Tower, Louve was closed tho : ( Babbett our tour guide took us to "La Scall" a disco, opened at 10 pm and ended around 6 am, crazy place
LOL we looked at the tower, ok saw it. Did some off the wall stuff. Catacombs were cool as hell, weird, Jim Morrisons grave that was a party, lots of clubs, Louve was like a week easily, Napoleons tomb, WWII museum.

Both my brothers spent time in Qatar and other places we “don’t have bases” in their marine corp time. They said the same thing

Here is a funny vet story. When I was on the ship I was a Boatswain mate. We had the boats and sides to deal with. Always covered with grey paint. Well we had this really weird E-6 just assigned to us. well we always used roller on the ship, he found a sprayer that went on a 55 gallon drum of paint and wanted us to use it. OK has to beat rolling paint. He sets it up and hooks the ships air up. well instead of low pressure air 120 psi he hooked it to the high pressure air 750? Dam drum explodes gets everywhere, all over the French Carrier behind us, cars, pier, everywhere, serious a cloud of paint. Pretty funny stuff there. Had to be 100K in damages easily back then. Embassy people involved etc.

Both my brothers spent time in Qatar and other places we “don’t have bases” in their marine corp time. They said the same thing
There's truth in that. I've had liberty ports cancelled but also was once in St. Thomas Virgin Islands when "an ocenagraphic studies ship" of the US lost power and started drifting into Cuban waters. The carrier left about 1200 of us on the beach lol. Wouldn't have been so bad but they managed to round a good deal of us up and stuck us in a Coast Guard compound on lock down. They Hey Joes as we called them took the opportunity to print "Recall Sucks" shirts and were selling them at a pretty good clip.

Here is a funny vet story. When I was on the ship I was a Boatswain mate. We had the boats and sides to deal with. Always covered with grey paint. Well we had this really weird E-6 just assigned to us. well we always used roller on the ship, he found a sprayer that went on a 55 gallon drum of paint and wanted us to use it. OK has to beat rolling paint. He sets it up and hooks the ships air up. well instead of low pressure air 120 psi he hooked it to the high pressure air 750? Dam drum explodes gets everywhere, all over the French Carrier behind us, cars, pier, everywhere, serious a cloud of paint. Pretty funny stuff there. Had to be 100K in damages easily back then. Embassy people involved etc.
Whoops!

-
Back