Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Craig TDY with them?
Yes, last deployment part of a Army team and gave a daily ground opns briefing to the B1B pilots supporting the ground force mission.
Living on an AF base a great last deployment before retiring with 33 years!! :usflag:

cool sticker
1699703597117.png

And to you too.
Thanks! Gotta be honest, for years, I struggled with that term being applied to me but I’m slowly coming around to it.

But in a very positive note. Back in 2019, when I was literally within days of ETS-ing at 14 years, I had a CSM that I’d known when he was an e6, sit me down and talk things over for HOURS, every drill for months. Took me to dinner a couple times just to try to convince me to stay. Well I did and he got transferred there in 2020 and I lost touch with him. He happened to show up and help with horses out of the blue this week and I made sure to snap a picture of us together. Something I wish I’d done more of with those I served with over the years.

IMG_2760.jpeg

Yes, last deployment part of an Army team and gave a daily ground opns briefing to the B1B pilots supporting the ground force mission.
I love those B1B. Something about those swept wings

I've stood there on the line when they took off the noise and vibration you feel is amazing. They flew 24-7 and I lived a mile from the flight line. They were the only aircraft I could hear take off and return.

Our tents were right next to the flightline, f-16, 15's B1B and ac-130 all night long. No wonder I can sleep through anything!

I've stood there on the line when they took off the noise and vibration you feel is amazing. They flew 24-7 and I lived a mile from the flight line. They were the only aircraft I could hear take off and return.
That reminds me of when one of my troubleshooters took me up on a launch between Cats 3 and 4 with an A-6 on one and a Tomcat on the other, teeth were shaking and it was warm!

Pretty cool aircraft with all they can do. A real 911 responder on the battlefield can drop a 500- or 2000-pound bomb on a three-foot square.
They are one of only three that can carry our nukes too. The B2, B52 and B1B if I recall right

Tonight the wife has "invited" me to go with her to a charity auction/dinner. Her boss bought our plates (crab, yay!), not sure what will be up for auction or what the fundraising is for, this isn't my thing for sure, would rather work in the shop!

Ask Jeeves!
Deployed tactical nuclear weapons are now restricted to various modifications to the B-61 gravity, or free-fall, bomb. US aircraft capable of delivering this weapon are the A-4, A-6, A-7, AV-8B, F-4, F-15, F-16, F-18, F-111, and presumably the F-117 stealth fighter.

Tonight the wife has "invited" me to go with her to a charity auction/dinner. Her boss bought our plates (crab, yay!), not sure what will be up for auction or what the fundraising is for, this isn't my thing for sure, would rather work in the shop!
My bride has been on so many charity boards I've lost track. I'd have to tag along to these type events and never was my favorite thing either. There was another spouse who always had to go also, we'd hang out close to the free bar and survive the night...haha!! She gave it all up when she retired. :thankyou:

-
Back