Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Les Schwab says they are frustrated at how locked down Kia has their repair parts. I can't take the dam thing to any oil change place even, they can't get the parts. Didn't see that one coming honestly, not that I thought a Stinger would be inexpensive to maintain. At least it's given us no trouble at over 80K miles other than wear parts.

Stopped into the Kia stealership yesterday, saw this sign on a service counter table. Was there cause Les Schwab told us brakes were at 2mm, Kia also had told us on prior oil change that they were getting down there. Went to set appt. for brakes but they didn't have the parts on hand, called me back with quote, $2200 for pads and rotors all the way around, Brembo is stupid expensive! Just the front pair of pads is over $800. With the labor brake job will be over $2700 plus tax, yay!

View attachment 1716223648
Agree to the stealership...that's crazy!!

Stopped into the Kia stealership yesterday, saw this sign on a service counter table. Was there cause Les Schwab told us brakes were at 2mm, Kia also had told us on prior oil change that they were getting down there. Went to set appt. for brakes but they didn't have the parts on hand, called me back with quote, $2200 for pads and rotors all the way around, Brembo is stupid expensive! Just the front pair of pads is over $800. With the labor brake job will be over $2700 plus tax, yay!

View attachment 1716223648
My wife Durango was quoted about that as well for just the front brakes. Yeah, I’ll do them myself for that

My wife Durango was quoted about that as well for just the front brakes. Yeah, I’ll do them myself for that
The labor rate is a lot, think labor will be 5-600. Worst part in my mind is the expense of the parts, I guess you get what you pay for, that car does stop on a dime, costs much more than a dime tho lol!

Morning from the Midwest. A finally warmer day on tap 70 then cools down again but still in the upper 50's. Spent yesterday working in the basement and changing the interior house decor from winter to spring. I didn't feel 100% so took a couple power naps throughout the day. I guess to much raking and shoveling outside Saturday and Sunday.

Morning from the Midwest. A finally warmer day on tap 70 then cools down again but still in the upper 50's. Spent yesterday working in the basement and changing the interior house decor from winter to spring. I didn't feel 100% so took a couple power naps throughout the day. I guess to much raking and shoveling outside Saturday and Sunday.
Cleaned up a couple trees down the hill, had same issue. Did most of the work with grapple but still had to make limb piles. Hey is your Bball team going anywhere in March Madness? Don't think Gonzaga is going to do much this year

Cleaned up a couple trees down the hill, had same issue. Did most of the work with grapple but still had to make limb piles. Hey is your Bball team going anywhere in March Madness? Don't think Gonzaga is going to do much this year
K-State didn't make the big one going to the NIT. KU is a fourth seed but has a couple key players injured so don't think they'll last long.

Spring and you know what is just around the corner...

1710842685413.png

Good morning everyone. Cold and windy here too. Warmest day of the next 10, supposed to hit 51. Rest of week is 30-40ish and 20s at night.

I can only type 20 WPM and I spend the better part of my day (free labor but I enjoy it) typing explanations as to why I delete or edit posts. I am getting close to just deleting them and going about my business. Being courteous just makes me crazy.
Need a copy/ paste comment instead of typing everything out every time. Make several like sale ads that dont meet criteria.

-
Back