Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Stopped into the Kia stealership yesterday, saw this sign on a service counter table. Was there cause Les Schwab told us brakes were at 2mm, Kia also had told us on prior oil change that they were getting down there. Went to set appt. for brakes but they didn't have the parts on hand, called me back with quote, $2200 for pads and rotors all the way around, Brembo is stupid expensive! Just the front pair of pads is over $800. With the labor brake job will be over $2700 plus tax, yay!

View attachment 1716223648
Imagine, way back i would r&r a chevy smallblock for $400, at todays shop rate $1890. I can still do it for 800.

No I have seen it but always wondered if the glasses were part of the character. I work with a guy with the same chin.

Everything it getting expensive....it's crazy
Agree. I went to buy lottery tickets yesterday because Pa. Is shutting down the machines today for system update they said no time table for when they will be on line again.
So I bought a candy bar. I didn't question it $1.35 in the city they are $ 3. 70 .

Morning!
Just below freezing, rising to abive freezing. Windy, very windy.
Back at the dash work, hope to have it ready for filler today.

Well all you retired (and retiring) people, this one's gotta go to work so he can get his wife's car some brakes, have a Great Day All!

The labor rate is a lot, think labor will be 5-600. Worst part in my mind is the expense of the parts, I guess you get what you pay for, that car does stop on a dime, costs much more than a dime tho lol!
Oh yeah.

So get this, last summer, the Durangos hemi started sputtering randomly. Just happened to have its maintenance planned for the next day at the stealership. Part of the package is a free diagnosis. They said the coil pack in number 4 was dead. (Which is exactly what I had already figured out). They wanted just under 900 bucks to change it. I walked from the service counter, to the parts counter across the hall… paid the 24 bucks for the coil pack, asked to borrow a socket much they loaned me, changed it right there in 5 minutes tops. For 24 bucks

That’s great to hear about your retirement. I have 51 days until mine. 41 years in a steel forge, it’s hard work but many great relationships with co workers, suppliers and customers.
Congrats, you will miss it and only remember the good times. You won’t miss sitting in the chair looking down at your boots thinking I don’t want to put these on! You are not going to believe how busy you will become.

It's Trailduster Tuesday!

1710850857153.png

Good morning :D

-
Back