Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I am going to mount this in a box on the inner fender,
And this bulkhead connecter were the original was on the firewall . And make my own harness,

518GMt6G16L.jpg

81S2Lne2jtL._SL1500_.jpg

Anyone ever dug their own pond?

What size are you thinking? One I mentioned was a about 300 yards in diameter... maybe 12 feet deep in the center. Dammed up a small valley with an earthen damn and clay lined the basin. Ran an aerator so the water wouldn't algae out and die

:lol: True

Well... I go by the rule of thumb being that if it's being fed by a stream or river.. it's a lake. If it's runoff or spring without an outlet, then pond
Mine is only 4 and a half ft deep with a few levels and an alcove for the fish to hide from about 14ft round. I used all the dirt and a bunch of rocks to make a waterfall..
Did it all by hand. Took me a 4th of July weekend.

Know a guy that did. PITA... leaked constantly

Yep. Like digging my grave..
Just need a good liner.

How big and how deep

What size are you thinking? One I mentioned was a about 300 yards in diameter... maybe 12 feet deep in the center. Dammed up a small valley with an earthen damn and clay lined the basin. Ran an aerator so the water wouldn't algae out and die
So I have a small pond already. Maybe 1/4 acre ish. Not really sure how deep but it’s fed by a natural spring. I don’t think it’s too deep but no pond vegetation and it never has algae. It’s also rather lifeless as far as we can tell. I can see down about a foot, then it gets murky and can’t see. It’s the only natural water around here that I can honestly say I’ve never seen dry out even in the droughts to where I can see bottom. It’s full right now of fallen trees and I’m gonna clean it out. Trying to decide if I want to drain the thing into the creek on the one side and then backfill it and let it fill back up. I don’t want to risk destroying the natural hard pan.

But I walked it today for the first time in years. It’s not easy to walk around due to terrain. But it’s at max depth now as it’s up to what appears to be its natural overflow relief point. Thinking of daming that overflow and seeing if I can get the water level to raise. I’d like to drop in aerator in and eventually stock it with blue gills

So I have a small pond already. Maybe 1/4 acre ish. Not really sure how deep but it’s fed by a natural spring. I don’t think it’s too deep but no pond vegetation and it never has algae. It’s also rather lifeless as far as we can tell. I can see down about a foot, then it gets murky and can’t see. It’s the only natural water around here that I can honestly say I’ve never seen dry out even in the droughts to where I can see bottom. It’s full right now of fallen trees and I’m gonna clean it out. Trying to decide if I want to drain the thing into the creek on the one side and then backfill it and let it fill back up. I don’t want to risk destroying the natural hard pan.

But I walked it today for the first time in years. It’s not easy to walk around due to terrain. But it’s at max depth now as it’s up to what appears to be its natural overflow relief point. Thinking of daming that overflow and seeing if I can get the water level to raise. I’d like to drop in aerator in and eventually stock it with blue gills

I'd go with an agricultural irrigation pump to draw it down before I'd modify any of the containment.

Wife wanted to go out to lunch when we went into town, El Cazador, cadillac margarita now Georgtown IPA (Lucille)

-
Back