Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning all. I just had a little fun. I moved a thread that Joe (our leader) started. Lol

I'm guessing my Yamahopper exhaust just wouldn't do it for you!!!! Since it is a 3 banger, it's got kind of a unique sound, but it ain't the V-Twin thump..
you're right - all good, but I do prefer the HD noise.. and my older bike is quite a bit louder than the newer scoots...

WOW!!! That damn near sounds like a foreign language to me! Almost like listening to my employees...
EATC Electronic Air Temperature Control. No matter where you set the system, the air would blow, willie nilly.. sometimes down.. sometimes windshield, sometimes dash vents. So I looked for all the obvious stuff, under the hood. Vac hoses and connections and Vac Can. I figured it was probably a Vac leak in the dash somewhere. I wasn't gettin into all that , and I was just about ready to call the Lady and send her elsewhere. So I decided to Google the problem. Found out that there are o rings inside of the controller that are a know problem.

you're right - all good, but I do prefer the HD noise.. and my older bike is quite a bit louder than the newer scoots...
A buddy had a '67 Sportster (or so he said, I wouldn't have known the difference) back in the early 80's. He did 11 months Fed Time and had me keep the bike while he was 'vacationing'. I only rode it a couple dozen times, but it was a fun POS. Took a while for my 140 pound *** to learn to kick start the thing..

EATC Electronic Air Temperature Control. No matter where you set the system, the air would blow, willie nilly.. sometimes down.. sometimes windshield, sometimes dash vents. So I looked for all the obvious stuff, under the hood. Vac hoses and connections and Vac Can. I figured it was probably a Vac leak in the dash somewhere. I wasn't gettin into all that , and I was just about ready to call the Lady and send her elsewhere. So I decided to Google the problem. Found out that there are o rings inside of the controller that are a know problem.
Google to the rescue!! What the hell did we do before the internet? Didn't we used to have books or something?

The Controller was easy to remove from the front of the dash. So when I got it out and benched it. Just remove the cover, and there are 4 solenoids in there that control the air. You disassemble them one at a time and replace the tiny O rings on them. I have an O ring assortment in a big box, so I had exactly what was needed. Put it all back together and installed it back in the car. Voila.. I works great. Ford doesn't repair them.. they sell the customer a new one. And with Labor they charge 700-900 for the fix. The lady paid me 140 for two hours labor and 3.95 for parts.

A buddy had a '67 Sportster (or so he said, I wouldn't have known the difference) back in the early 80's. He did 11 months Fed Time and had me keep the bike while he was 'vacationing'. I only rode it a couple dozen times, but it was a fun POS. Took a while for my 140 pound *** to learn to kick start the thing..
I'm lucky - my FXWG is kick and elec. start

Google to the rescue!! What the hell did we do before the internet? Didn't we used to have books or something?
Tell ya what bud.. It has saved my A$$ many times. I'm always amazed at what I find for FREE information there. And I even have access to my Buddies Alldata Professional site, that doesn't help much in these cases.

I know, that is why I wonder how kids now a days are so stupid. There is no excuse for being an idiot when you can google just about anything in the whole world, yet they cant even point out mexico on a map

old school BS - - off line FSM - remember?
In the seventy's and eighties we had Book Racks 8 ft long, double decker , for Parts books. Remember it well. I even took a four footer home with my choice of catalogs when I sold out.

In the seventy's and eighties we had Book Racks 8 ft long, double decker , for Parts books. Remember it well. I even took a four footer home with my choice of catalogs when I sold out.
the net is nice for sure - but really, there is no replacement for a book that has what you need in it..

The Controller was easy to remove from the front of the dash. So when I got it out and benched it. Just remove the cover, and there are 4 solenoids in there that control the air. You disassemble them one at a time and replace the tiny O rings on them. I have an O ring assortment in a big box, so I had exactly what was needed. Put it all back together and installed it back in the car. Voila.. I works great. Ford doesn't repair them.. they sell the customer a new one. And with Labor they charge 700-900 for the fix. The lady paid me 140 for two hours labor and 3.95 for parts.
The reason I tell you all this is because Ford used this type of controller in lots of different vehicles, including trucks. Can save your friends and Family a lot of $$$ with this information.

The reason I tell you all this is because Ford used this type of controller in lots of different vehicles, including trucks. Can save your friends and Family a lot of $$$ with this information.
Of, course then I had to put an Alternator on my Wifes Chry 300. What should have been a 1 1/2 hr job , turned into 3. Has three long bolts that hold it to the ALUMINUM front engine housing. Steel bolts into aluminum with little or no good access to them. Been in place for 10 yrs. Took me an hour just to get one that was in a very bad place out, and I know what I'm doin.. And yes they were all extremely tight.
MORE BEER PLEASE !!!

-
Back