Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nice thing about random is you would almost have to try to burn through. On the other hand if you can stay off the edges a regular rotary will get the job done faster if its got the RPMs
Fear of burning through is the main reason I've never tried using them. Also working around the emblems, letters, hood inserts, etc seemed to need a bunch of experience.

Fear of burning through is the main reason I've never tried using them. Also working around the emblems, letters, hood inserts, etc seemed to need a bunch of experience.
Take your time and you will get a feel for it quick enough. Just use light pressure and go easy around trim and emblems.

I “tooned” another one of my images today. This one is definitely going to be on a t-shirt in the near future...

296AAB4B-38BF-44B9-AEFC-3A3115E041DD.jpeg

Just keep it on a 30* angle to the surface using only one side of the pad and keep it constantly moving so you don’t burn the paint. Better to move too fast than not fast enough.

Also, clean the pad regularly to keep the buffing compound and paint residue from building up. I always just used a flat head screwdriver presses slightly into the pad while running the buffer out in the open. Just work the screwdriver across the pad while running and it will knock off the debris and fluff the pad.
I remember watching a guy buff a car, had a bottlecap for cleaning.

What a wasted day. Got up early to mow the lower 40, and the battery was DOA. 1st visit to O'Reilly's pick up new battery. Got the JD lawn tractor fired up, got the lower 40 about 1/2 way done, and it just plain died. Dead'r that a doornail. finally got it back to the barn, took it apart, darn near did a full restoration.. after putting it back together, fired right up. Unknown reason for going kaput. Then it started to rain. Supposed to rain for the next two days..

Screw it, when to Mex restaurant, had a couple margaritas, end of day. Woo-Hoo!

Finally going to be warm enough to touch up the exhaust manifold. Been waiting a couple months to do it.

Another beautiful morning. Never went below freezing. So things are drying up nice.
Van for trailer wiring today, easy one. Made a harness for his last similar van,and pulled it before he traded it.

S10 with rotten brake line,it split over the winter.
Should go pretty easy.
Another busy week.

I read the post yesterday describing the clay bar, buff, polish, etc to properly detail. Like most never done it...maybe a lesson at Carlisle...haha. I usually wipe
S10 with rotten brake line,it split over the winter.
Should go pretty easy.
Another busy week.
TJ you've got to PAY for her vacation next year....work, work, work:D

Pay, yup!
But the air miles cover much of the trip and hotel. Avion card.
I put all my parts on credit card.
Its a balancing act but it works well for me. Not to mention the credit rating.

Just waiting on the wash out of work pants, prob a shorts day here anyhow for a change.

Hey Mike whats going on?
Not feeling my best this morning, a friend of mine and I dried out his truck after his wife left the windows down when a heavy rain came threw, so we fired up his torpedo heater :BangHead: Damned O2 got thin I think, I hope that is why I feel like chit this morning

Here! (but not quite all here) :rofl:
Same here Mike

-
Back