Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just great, the dog rolled in something nasty in the back yard and stinks like hell. I think it was possum ****.

Wife and daughter are giving him a bath now and then he’s going to get a lemon juice rinse. They were the ones out there with him when he got into whatever it was and it happened because they weren’t paying attention...now they get to do the clean up.

Last edited:
2nd beer down. Gonna be a good summer. Just battering up some walleye for dinner.

Was a productive day,buddy’s dads 69 gmc hasnt turned in 13 years,fired right up. Got the 8-1/4 for the dart and a bonus low mile 904. Cleaned the floor up in the barracuda, and maybe found some patch panels to fix the wheel openings. Still waiting on reply.

2nd beer down. Gonna be a good summer. Just battering up some walleye for dinner.

I over did it on beer last night, I was hurting most of the day.
How goes It ?

Going good here. Today turned out to be really nice, got a lot of yard work done, and a bunch of other little things. I was going to start the car and take it out for its first spin, but I got stumped on the vacuum pod for the distributor. Im trying to figure out where it should start come in at so I never did start it.

It was. I think I need to do something about the brakes, though. Either change the m/c or add a booster.
Go over it first. Make sure the drums are adjusted, no contamination, etc.
Then if not satisfied, try a different lining material. Can make a big difference. Some are more grabby than others, and that can change with temperture. The brakes on these cars don't get that hot - exception being situations like 9" drums on 500' drop in elevation....

Hopefully the next batch will be fresh, not freezed. Two minutes to the boat launch and fishing in 10. But they arent biting yet. Waters too cold.
Fresh is so much better. I used to catch them up in the Maumee river in Ohio and out on Lake Erie. A local shop near us in Cinncy had them fresh for a lot of the year too.

It was. I think I need to do something about the brakes, though. Either change the m/c or add a booster.
Blleed em well?
If the front disks are super smooth, they sometimes need a little texture (surface finish)
What are you using for front pads? I didn't like the NOS Cyclepro - Mopar pads as they didn't have much bite on the well worn disks (snooth). There's a reasonably good amount of choices for D11 pads - they were also used on early Mustangs and some Corvettes.

Does anyone have any good advice on when the vacuum advance should start to pull in? My car at idle pulls about 13-14hg. When I put the vacuum pump on my pod it starts to move at about 15.

If I remember right I need to know how much vacuum my engine pulls at cruising speed, but once I get that figured out, then where do I set it to start pulling in?

Does anyone have any good advice on when the vacuum advance should start to pull in? My car at idle pulls about 13-14hg. When I put the vacuum pump on my pod it starts to move at about 15.

If I remember right I need to know how much vacuum my engine pulls at cruising speed, but once I get that figured out, then where do I set it to start pulling in?
It isn’t about where, it’s about how much advance it gives. 15 is about right...do you know how much advance it gives and where the rest of your curve is at cruise?

-
Back