Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hub for serpentine belt drive is almost done. I figure a 4 rib belt will be enough to drive it.
Using a power steering pulley,so winch will be reduced 3 or 4 to one.
Dont think it will be too fast.

There has been a young man missing from a small town south of here for a couple months. They just found remains consistent with the missing young man.

Hey @Ben Drinkin , a friend and I are going to a spirit tasting group meeting tonight. Wish you were closer. Tonight's tasting is Irish whiskies. Once a month they get together and sample more expensive whiskies and bourbons. Kinda nice to taste them before you mortgage the house for a bottle.
Sounds like a good time. Not a big Irish Whiskey fan, But I'm always willing to learn!

Sounds like a good time. Not a big Irish Whiskey fan, But I'm always willing to learn!
This one sounds interesting. The other one is a 12 year old single malt Tullamore Dew.
""Back to Ireland in August

THE DUBLINER BOURBON CASK AGED
Prices from: $29.99 - Ace Spirits
Distillery: Dublin Whiskey Company owned by Quintessential Brands

Bottled at 40% abv in bourbon casks, this single malt is one to savour. My tasting notes below – but don’t take my word on it, get some of your own.

Nose: A sweet slightly spicy aroma with overtones of vanilla, honey and perfume oily notes - very characterful and complex.

Palate: A rich malty flavour with a smoothness and at the end that hint of chocolate and vanilla coming through - it warms but doesn't burn.

Finish: A long smooth, slightly dry finish with hints of toffee and chocolate with a nice vanilla finish at the end. It almost floats on your tongue.... beautiful!
The Dubliner Irish Whiskey is a blend of single malt and grain whiskies that is aged in bourbon casks for three years. This unique bourbon barrel aging gives The Dubliner Irish Whiskey its special warm, smooth taste and sweet honeyed finish.”""

I was pulling crabs out of the traps this afternoon and one of the keepers managed to pitch my finger through the leather gloves. He couldn’t get through the glove but managed to get enough of my finger tip between the tips of his claw to give me a nice blood blister.

I marked him before putting him in the floating pen so I can make sure he is first to go into the pot when it’s cooking time!

:lol:

D304DED4-AAD6-473C-A45C-B72FEC0E8459.jpeg

I was pulling crabs out of the traps this afternoon and one of the keepers managed to pitch my finger through the leather gloves. He couldn’t get through the glove but managed to get enough of my finger tip between the tips of his claw to give me a nice blood blister.

I marked him before putting him in the floating pen so I can make sure he is first to go into the pot when it’s cooking time!

View attachment 1715211211
Do they squeal?

Looks like i can disassemble the winch spool. So i should be able to make a few grooves to keep belt in line. Its an antique i think.
Has to be near 30 years old.
A little 1500 lb superwinch. All steel inside.

I liked this post for two reasons:

1. It posted at 340.....nuff said HA
2. Payback stories are great, but maybe you change up the order a bit, let him see a couple crabs before him twitch around : )

Just as the sun was setting, a raptor flew down low and fast over the canal and snatched a nice size fish out of the water right in front of our dock. I couldn’t quite tell in the light, but it looked like a golden eagle.

Was really cool to see!

Well....what would you do if you were fighting for your life?

I watched a hawk having lunch on my driveway in front of the shop last week
The week before there was a pair of hawks and a pair of crows arguing and fighting.

Of course, crabs are closely related to spiders who also have it deep in their DNA to attack any threat...no matter how foolish it is to do it.

-
Back