Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I was going to wear it at Carlisle:rofl: VOTE FOR HOPPY!!!!! Remind me next time I send you something I will throw it in.

Vote for Pedro....

Vote for Pedro 01.jpg

Last edited:
Time for more shop crane mods.
Three point hitch attatchment so its easy to move. Winch mount and a removeable sheave.

Washed the car before dinner last night, driver door frozen. Right rear opens but wouldnt latch.
Right front opened.
Got rear one closed and crawled in through passenger side.
Her home 45 minutes later,both front doors frozen. A couple scoulder checks and it finally opens. Wife was laughing at the whole episode....

I just get some warm water and pour it around the perimeter of the door to melt the ice and open it up... Then wipe the wet areas down with a towel to help keep it from freezing up...

Don't use too hot of water or you may risk cracking the glass from the sudden thermal expansion.... :BangHead:

What is the name of the flat terminals that lock into the plastic electrical housings for the connectors on the bulkhead etc???? And where can I buy a batch of the male and female ones and a crimper for them???

I believe they are packard xx terminals, what is the "proper name" for them and where can I get some so I can rewire some of the kid's Barracuda????
Have not read through this yet, but put it on watch threads the other day...
Sources for Chrysler type wire terminals

Karl picks it up.
Chris meets Karl and gets it.
Chris brings it to Carlisle.
Hoopy pays some gas/beer money.
Simple!!
and drags Karl to Carlisle haha

Could not even fit it in the shop. I have no idea where the engine/trans will go when I take it out.
in the new, bigger shop you now have to build

I just get some warm water and pour it around the perimeter of the door to melt the ice and open it up... Then wipe the wet areas down with a towel to help keep it from freezing up...

Don't use too hot of water or you may risk cracking the glass from the sudden thermal expansion.... :BangHead:
Still frozed this morning. Backed into shop and raised it on hoist. Can thaw and dry by tomorrow.
Need hoist up to do my shop crane mods anyhoo.

Two male cows are on a hill in a field and they see a herd of female cows at the bottom...

The younger cow says to his dad, "Lets run down there and f*ck one of those cows"...

The father says, "No son, let's walk down there and f*ck them all"....
Male bovine are bulls or steer, not cows. :poke:

C1D64A31-2567-4ACD-9AA1-37C1D0E32674.jpeg
0DC81551-88D2-4D5E-BD95-9A41F6FE84C7.jpeg
Well, phase 1 done. On the fence about the winch. I may have a problem getting it under hoist if i add anything to top.I figure doing this i dont have to drag it across the gravel to get it out of storage.

And i just do this stuff just to spite my buddy,the master of unfinished projects.
“Im gonna build a...”

so my non A/c brackets showed up and I was up early trying to install them however it seems I the lower bolt on the old set which would have been the a/c idler pulley bolt, broke in the block.

if it isn't one thing....

but I am getting to know the car really good which is good

20181201_213050.jpg

so my non A/c brackets showed up and I was up early trying to install them however it seems I the lower bolt on the old set which would have been the a/c idler pulley bolt, broke in the block.

if it isn't one thing....

but I am getting to know the car really good which is good

View attachment 1715256679
You have really nice parts..

What is the name of the flat terminals that lock into the plastic electrical housings for the connectors on the bulkhead etc???? And where can I buy a batch of the male and female ones and a crimper for them???

I believe they are packard xx terminals, what is the "proper name" for them and where can I get some so I can rewire some of the kid's Barracuda????
I think the rolled ones are Packard 58. A bit harder to find than the Packard 56 style. A lot of the connectors will accept AMP's Faston terminals as well. Del has posted that some connectors won't. That thread Keith linked to hopefully will grow as people add to it.

For crimping, I was really happy with the Astro with interchangable jaws. Even bought the jaws for ignition wires.
BUT, the open barrel jaws do both crimps at once. On some of the male terminals, at least on my jeep, the jaws were too wide to fit. :mad:
Also made it harder to do the two wires on one terminal trick. I fudge my way through, came home, and bought the crimpers from American Wire. So now I'm ready for anything. maybe. These are supposedly copies of the original Packard crimpers. Not the cheapest route, but sometimes it just doesnt matter. Ray has said he's ground down jaws when they were too fat. At this point I didn't have the patience or want to risk messing it up and losing more time. He's got experience in this area that I can't even begin to touch.

-
Back