Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Man!! My day may have gotten better already, found a tr6060 listed in Craigslist for 500 bucks!!! Texted the guy, hopefully he still has it(posted an hr ago)

Thanks guys. Now begins the process of finding a new place for Dad. I'm thinking we will probably move him back to NJ closer to my older sister who has the POA and is retired so she can watch over him more closely. There are several good facilities over there and It's still within an hour for me to visit but 15 mins away for her so she can be there quickly if anything happens.

It's all just a big challenge for an advanced ALZ patient to be moved into an unfamiliar environment and they don't do well with it nor adapt easily. Unfortunately, when a care facility has decided that they are no longer capable of providing care (insert 'unwilling') then it's time to go...because there is no point in trying to convince them otherwise. It's a no-win proposition.

That sounds interesting.. Cant say I've every had anything like that, but Im assuming your not talking liquid and more the frozen kind of milk.
upload_2017-5-2_20-38-56.png

Thanks guys. Now begins the process of finding a new place for Dad. I'm thinking we will probably move him back to NJ closer to my older sister who has the POA and is retired so she can watch over him more closely. There are several good facilities over there and It's still within an hour for me to visit but 15 mins away for her so she can be there quickly if anything happens.

It's all just a big challenge for an advanced ALZ patient to be moved into an unfamiliar environment and they don't do well with it nor adapt easily. Unfortunately, when a care facility has decided that they are no longer capable of providing care (insert 'unwilling') then it's time to go...because there is no point in trying to convince them otherwise. It's a no-win proposition.
Yeah. Never a good thing. And even if you could convince them , why would you want too? Chances are he'd receive substandard care out of spite

Man!! My day may have gotten better already, found a tr6060 listed in Craigslist for 500 bucks!!! Texted the guy, hopefully he still has it(posted an hr ago)
4 speed with 2 overdrive gears? Why do you want a double overdrive tranny? What gear ratios does it have 1-4?

You know that tranny also requires speed sensor input for the speed actuated reverse selection lock-out too, right?

4 speed with 2 overdrive gears? Why do you want a double overdrive tranny? What gear ratios does it have 1-4?

You know that tranny also requires speed sensor input for the speed actuated reverse selection lock-out too, right?
Yes

Cause I want to be able to drive this big block. Plus the .50:1 OD allows me to run say 4.10s but get the mileage of 2.76s.

2.97, 2.10, 1:46, 1:1, .74, .50

And yes, but that can be bypassed according
to several hotrod forums

Yes

Cause I want to be able to drive this big block. Plus the .68:1 OD allows me to run say 4.10s but get the mileage of 2.76s.

And yes, but that can be bypassed according to several hotrod forums
What ratio does it have 1-4? They made several.

Yes

Cause I want to be able to drive this big block. Plus the .50:1 OD allows me to run say 4.10s but get the mileage of 2.76s.

2.97, 2.10, 1:46, 1:1, .74, .50

And yes, but that can be bypassed according
to several hotrod forums
Well, with those ratios, you are going to want a 3.23 rear gear ratio to be quickest through the 1/4 mile or on a road course. The 4.10 gears will force an extra shift at around 95 mph killing you in the 1/4 and will pull down your power band in 4th gear down to 4800 rpm on a road course above 95 mph. That will kill you on the straightaways.

The 3.23 will keep you in 3rd topping out at 122 mph and put you at a much higher rpm in 3rd gear on a road course giving better acceleration out of turns and in the straightaways.

Well, with those ratios, you are going to want a 3.23 rear gear ratio to be quickest through the 1/4 mile or on a road course. The 4.10 gears will force an extra shift at around 95 mph killing you in the 1/4 and will pull down your power band in 4th gear down to 4800 rpm on a road course above 95 mph. That will kill you on the straightaways.

The 3.23 will keep you in 3rd topping out at 122 mph and put you at a much higher rpm in 3rd gear on a road course giving better acceleration out of turns and in the straightaways.
Dave, you're a smart guy! Many of us don't actually calculate what rpm we will be in a certain gear. Good stuff!

Dave, you're a smart guy! Many of us don't actually calculate what rpm we will be in a certain gear. Good stuff!
Thanks, the calculations aren't hard to understand and easy to do with a calculation program. The principals for optimization are simple:
What rpm gives me what speed?
What is my power band rpm range?
What speed do I want to be at either at the traps or in and out of turns and on the straightaways?
What is the optimal configuration to minimize shifts and maximize power?

Here is the equation to figure out rpm and speed for each gear...

When D is the diameter of the tire, the car moves forward a distance πD with each revolution of the tire. If there are F revolutions per unit of time, it moves forward at a speed of πD´F per unit of time. If D is in inches and F is in revolutions per minute (rpm), the above result will be in inches per minute. There are 63,360 inches in a mile and 60 minutes in an hour, so one inch per minute equals 60/63360 miles per hour or 1/1056 mph. So we have the following formula:

V(mph) = D(in) ´ F(rpm) ´ (π/1056)

In the automotive industry, the coefficient 1056/π is usually taken to be equal to 336 (exactly it is 336.1352398...) and the formula corresponding to the above is:

(mph)(gear ratio)(336) = (tire diameter in inches)(rpm)

With the above numerical approximation, both formulas are identical if we consider that (rpm)/(gear ratio) is the rate of rotation of the tires. So the "gear ratio" as the number of rotations of the driveshaft for each turn of the tire. This ratio is normally more than 1, except in overdrive gear. So, calling R the "gear ratio", your final answer is:

V(mph) = D(in) ´ F(rpm) ´ (π/1056) / R

or, approximately: V = (D ´ F) / (336 ´ R)

where V is the velocity (in mph), D the tire diameter (in inches), F the engine rpm, and R the gear ratio.

Or you can just use the calculator... Gear Ratios Calculator, MPH, Top Speed - DragTimes.com :D

Dang, I need to go back to math class! LOL A calculator program where you just fill in the blanks is a definite plus!

Dang, I need to go back to math class! LOL A calculator program where you just fill in the blanks is a definite plus!
Yeah, no need to struggle through the math. Just focus on the bigger picture strategy and let the calculator give you the numbers to work with to figure out what is optimal to get the most performance out of the car for the application.

:thumbsup:

A horse walks into a bar.
Bartender says "Hey, why the long face?"
The horse leaves and 10 minutes later, John Kerry walks into the bar.
Bartender says "Hey, weren't you just in here?"

John Kerry leaves and Ted Kennedy walks in.
Bartender blinks twice and says "I think my eyes just switched from portrait to landscape."

A ham and cheese sandwich walks into a bar
Bartender says "Hey, you have to leave."
The sandwich says "Why?"
Bartender says "Because we don't serve food here."

A nun walks into a bar wearing a pink and purple sequined outfit.
Bartender says "I'm sorry sister, but I can't serve a nun wearing an outfit like that."
The nun says "Why not?"
Bartender says "Because it's a bad habit."

A man wearing a new $1000 suit walks into a bar and orders a drink.
After a little while he asks the bartender if he has anything nice to say about his suit.
The bartender says "Sorry, but I can't."
The man says "Well if you can't, who can?"
Bartender says "Try the peanuts, they're complimentary."

What a way to end work, locked my damn keys in the trunk of the scamp. No spare and the tools I need to remove the rear seat are in the trunk, go figure. Waiting for a bud to bring me some tools in the mean time, rush hour right now so it must suck. Jeez

Last edited:

It is a tough thing, as you know Dave my Dad had to move too. In his case they did all they could to try and manage him. The whole thing is a no-win but somehow there are bright spots too.

-
Back