Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Me too!
Emergency abs sensor replacement. Cruise wouldnt work. Heaven forbid the A/C goes out, would be like a death in the family...

Do dis
Houseboat Control Cables - How to Lubricate, or Save a Throttle Shift Cable

I have used this method in sticking atv brake cables. Works very well
the push button cables are actually self lubricating via the ATF fluid from the trans but I will use that on my Grizzly throttle cable, it stuck and i rolled it last fall. Usually when the PB cables go bad, its from the cable insulation cracking and leaking the fluid or it got to close to the exhaust and melted, thus leaking.

Great. Now i’m hungry....
Had to go rescue the local boat repair guy- again.
His “mechanic”
Was replacing a distributor cap on an inboard.
Marked wires wrong. #1 was one tower off.
Took a littke bit to figure out the mistake.
Dude needs to find another line of work.
Seems like i fix more for free in less time.
Owner wants me to work for him in the worst way.
50/hr i might consider it.

Great. Now i’m hungry....
Had to go rescue the local boat repair guy- again.
His “mechanic”
Was replacing a distributor cap on an inboard.
Marked wires wrong. #1 was one tower off.
Took a littke bit to figure out the mistake.
Dude needs to find another line of work.
Seems like i fix more for free in less time.
Owner wants me to work for him in the worst way.
50/hr i might consider it.
I charge an hourly rate of $75 in my shop here.... Lowest repair shop in the county is $100.......:thumbsup:

I charge an hourly rate of $75 in my shop here.... Lowest repair shop in the county is $100.......:thumbsup:
come fix my durango's AC, its one of them new special AC systems where you can't simply charge it

wait WHAT?! where
Sorry, thinking out loud after seeing a commercial for a local HVAC company.
capturea.JPG

70/hour. Im hapy to have the lowest shop rate.
I need to bill 1.5 hours/day to keep up with overhead and payments.

Tiny shop, easy to heat and its at home.
My parts profit basically keeps me in fuel and shop supplies.
I dont overload myself with work as i dont want the stress. Like mitch, i select/deselect my customers as necessary.

Tiny shop, easy to heat and its at home.
My parts profit basically keeps me in fuel and shop supplies.
I dont overload myself with work as i dont want the stress. Like mitch, i select/deselect my customers as necessary.
That's the way to do it.

Buddy says “you need a bigger shop,3 bays and a couple more hoists”.
Im only one guy, can only do one job at a time. Financing 200 plus thousand for more work and way less profit?
Nope.
I could work 7 days a week and make huge money. I dont want to.
And i dont need to.
Another stay at home mechanic has been doing it for 30 years, all under the table,he just retired.

I operate a registered business with tax numbers. People think i work for cash like the other guy.
Cash doesent pay the bills.
My accountant agrees.
Its the write-offs is where my gains are.

And i enjoy it just how it is.

Just drove thru the tail side of a tornadic supercell and didn't even know it. No civil defense warning, radio warnings, cell warnings, HAMM warnings nothing UNTIL after it passed. Popped out out of no where. Confirmed funnel went right over us. Hit a bunch of hail about quarter sized so I think I'll have to check the jeep out in the AM.

Estimates are 5-6 inches of rain in 35 minutes. It has never flooded here before.

IMG_4931.JPG

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4938.JPG

Question on Trailer Tire pressure.

I just installed new tires on our travel trailer last year. I checked the pressure today and it was at 55lbs (max cold is 65lbs). I should keep them inflated to 65lbs correct?

-
Back