Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good to meet you Matt. I stood there talking to you for a while before someone called you "Matt" and I put 2 and 2 together. I don't know why but I expected you to be much older. LOL
oops! Don'f feel bad. You're in good company.
Apparently that was the rumor going around. :rofl:
:poke:@Mattax
laugh2-gif.gif

I have an idea how that started.
noevil-gif.gif

Matt how old are you mid 30's?

thumbs_up-gif.gif

I was!

Hey - This is the internet - you can pretend to be anything!

You really need 2 spaces. Then horseshoe your stuff so they walk between the big stuff to get to a massive wall of distributers. Maybee a stepped table or racks to set them up vertically like a lollipop tree... Just need to figure out a way to make something that breaks down flat so it's not too bulky to move and doesn't take up so much space hauling it.

I’ll take some pics of what my father in law made for his knife show days. He made these display cases, flat, maybe 6 inches tall, they opened and closed on hinges so at the end of the day, or whenever he wanted to walk away, he simply flipped them shut and thru a lock on.

Or... make you a rolling cabinet, hinged in the middle that unfolds open to display the dizzys and then closes, make it so you can roll it up into the truck

Probably time for new lines. My 66 Dart tank looked like a cave inside with stalactites of rust even after cleaning. Time for a new tank and lines. I did that about 15 years ago with no issues since.
The car I brought came from Arizona.
Only very very light rust on exposed steel.
So clean I gave the entire exhaust intact to the guy who bought my '68 notch.

But on the drag strip in particular was having a problem losing fuel pressure at the end of the track. Fought the problem for a long time. Changed the sock. Tried different pumps. etc.
In the end I'm convinced it was just enough of a pin hole or rust in the section going over the axle - near the exhaust.

The car I brought came from Arizona.
Only very very light rust on exposed steel.
So clean I gave the entire exhaust intact to the guy who bought my '68 notch.

But on the drag strip in particular was having a problem losing fuel pressure at the end of the track. Fought the problem for a long time. Changed the sock. Tried different pumps. etc.
In the end I'm convinced it was just enough of a pin hole or rust in the section going over the axle - near the exhaust.

Good thing you found it.

Thanks Mike. Was just pricing from Classic Industries. All in about $250 for lines, sending unit, tank and sock. Sucks it takes a week plus to get here from there though. Going to check with a local guy today first.

BTW, when is your surgery scheduled?

Thanks Mike. Was just pricing from Classic Industries. All in about $250 for lines, sending unit, tank and sock. Sucks it takes a week plus to get here from there though. Going to check with a local guy today first.

This coming Thursday. We will leave for Rochester tomorrow afternoon. My first test is Wednesday morning at 6 am. Tests throughout the day and surgery Thursday afternoon.

If you don't have to buy a new sending unit - don't. At least with the older models - the calibration isn't right.

Whose lines do they sell? I'd check direct pricing with Inline, Fine Lines...

Same with tank. I doubt there is much savings on shipping for combine order unless the do free ship over $***... Tank is definitely its own package. Lines will ship bent on the long straight parts.

Vans Auto is 30 min from here and he carries a nice stock. Prices are usually pretty fair and may be able to get them faster than a week.

Vans Auto is 30 min from here and he carries a nice stock. Prices are usually pretty fair and may be able to get them faster than a week.
probably still on the truck they had a big tent at Carlisle. Got my trunk lid bumpers there. :thumbsup: Others I checked all wanted to sell me a big 'kit'. :BangHead:

Very nice!! Yeah, they are in Waupun which is about 30 miles. They stock everything I need (just called them)... the fuel sender, tank, gas cap, 3/8 stainless fuel line from tank to engine and the clips. Now, to see what I need and don't need tonight.

probably still on the truck they had a big tent at Carlisle. Got my trunk lid bumpers there. :thumbsup: Others I checked all wanted to sell me a big 'kit'. :BangHead:
I came home with less goodies than I took out but higher important ones.

Took a 360 and a 383, short blocks, sold them off prior, took two sets of heads, traded one off for some push button cables. Brought 1 set home that I probably could have traded off for something but didn't see anything worth doing that with. Came home with a racing seat which I have a cool idea for and a freshly, professionally rebuilt set of LCAs for the polara. Oh and the valve covers from Tim.

Speaking of which, @Mopar Tim let me know if you end up stopping in IN otw back, I owe you a few 6 packs.

Colton came home with about 2 dozen hotwheels and a couple bigger toy cars.

ruh roh.... I am gonna be in BIG trouble.

edit, I guess the pictures are going to load....

Last edited:

Have you looked into Fine Lines???

so, I'm looking at a 64 sport fury I found for sale on facebook. 2500 bucks, big block, console shifted car. Mostly complete. Needs a TON of work. It's one of the 2 cars I'd love to own. But I'm gonna have to pass. Really wanting one with a 383/4spd. I could clone one, yes but....

the guy also has a 64 big block, console shifted Sport Fury Convertible project! 5,000 hmmm

Started raining. My 24x40 tarp shelter is leaking like a sieve.
Ordered a new cover and will be moving building across from shop to park cars in. Framing end walls and putting real doors in as well.

Off to go fix mom’s hot water. Breaker is toast.

-
Back