Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here's 2020. Must be some rich soil in Washington and Oregon. I need to look and see how much they produce compared to other states.

View attachment 1715818078
Out west, they’re not using just yellow corn. They’re typically planting specialty corns that have HUGE yields. The problem with that is, that has to be contracted to special buyers. In advance. And there’s none around here. White corn for example, can break 300 bushells an acre. Same with Blue corn. But very very very limited markets. So unless you’re with trucking distance of a port, usually pretty difficult to sell.

Of course we were using the old method back then and the yield is much higher than back then and of course add all the steroids and Autism causing crap worked into the seed. Just a personal opinion of mine. But Autism is on the rise. And they wonder why. I am a believer in we are what we eat and even the cow poop smells different than back then. And if you wanna know how to make a hormone....don't pay her right Karl? LOL:rofl:

My greatest exposure to industrial farming was when I lived in Yuma. Everything flood irrigated and very controlled. They hated it when it rained as it would screw up the watering cycles.

Constant turn on the fields...very seldom let go fallow. I had an older lemon grove behind the house when I bought it. By the time I left it had been turned to crops...tomatillo, broccolli, that crazy African feed grass (??) etc, etc. Non-stop turn.

Growing up was all small New England family farms except for the turf/potato operation I worked as a teenager. Hand-picking sweet corn, cutting and baling hay, mowing turf fields watching irrigation pumps overnight and general whatever around the places I worked.

Nothing to the scale you guys are working out there Chris

So just looked up on the local FSA office web page. As of 11/3, our country averaged 185 per acre corn and 57 bushell beans per acre. So we’re not doing terrible. Our yields are competitive with the guys farm thousands of acre as at least.

My greatest exposure...

flasher-bear.jpg

So just looked up on the local FSA office web page. As of 11/3, our country averaged 185 per acre corn and 57 bushell beans per acre. So we’re not doing terrible. Our yields are competitive with the guys farm thousands of acre as at least.
I'd say you're doing good especially with no fert. Good soil over your way.

My greatest exposure to industrial farming was when I lived in Yuma. Everything flood irrigated and very controlled. They hated it when it rained as it would screw up the watering cycles.

Constant turn on the fields...very seldom let go fallow. I had an older lemon grove behind the house when I bought it. By the time I left it had been turned to crops...tomatillo, broccolli, that crazy African feed grass (??) etc, etc. Non-stop turn.

Growing up was all small New England family farms except for the turf/potato operation I worked as a teenager. Hand-picking sweet corn, cutting and baling hay, mowing turf fields watching irrigation pumps overnight and general whatever around the places I worked.

Nothing to the scale you guys are working out there Chris
We’re not very big at all. Less than 200 acres farmable. Basically make enough to cover the land cost and equipment cost. If we can do that the next 3-5 years, then we’ll actually start turning a profit

We’re not very big at all. Less than 200 acres farmable. Basically make enough to cover the land cost and equipment cost. If we can do that the next 3-5 years, then we’ll actually start turning a profit

Cool.. . Yeah, I was operating Farmall M and H tractors in southern New England.

Cool.. . Yeah, I was operating Farmall M and H tractors in southern New England.
Me too until the good old Uncle Sam gave us the money to buy a John Deere 1010. LOL we thought we had something then. I still have a Case 430 but no longer farm

Me too until the good old Uncle Sam gave us the money to buy a John Deere 1010. LOL we thought we had something then. I still have a Case 430 but no longer farm
I’m actually kicking myself for not buying that 6200 John Deere out of the estate back in June. I miss that sob bad now

Good morning everyone, I see some good beans being harvested with a good bushel count by our member :thumbsup:
Not sure how we did hear in Arkansas but our cotton crops seen another good year here, beans could have had a good count but have not heard.

This fellow here in the picture is a good friend of mine that I fish with.

FB_IMG_1634042072622.jpg

I was in the amphib Navy too. I was on the LPD10 Juneau from about 75-77. Hauled grunts to Mt Fuji in Japan and dropped them off to play war games.

We had twin Cases 1938 model SC at the ex's family's farm. 6vt gasoline 4 cyl. No hydraulics.75 ac. I kept them running and cut off everything that wasn't tobacco planted, for 20 years. Quot doing it when the family started fighting over the land. I was the last person to cut a blade of grass in 4 years. Ain't been over there, don't want to. I'm sure it's a mess, and I'm sure those two Cases ain't ran since I ran em...Very Sad Indeed

2 years ago the farmers around here were waiting for frost. They were harvesting beans while it was snowing.This year All the crops were off at least 2 weeks ago.

We had twin Cases 1938 model SC at the ex's family's farm. 6vt gasoline 4 cyl. No hydraulics.75 ac. I kept them running and cut off everything that wasn't tobacco planted, for 20 years. ..Very Sad Indeed

I need to go back and see if I can track down my old tube farm radio. It still had the connectors for the 6V tractor battery to power the radio...

Quit doing it when the family started fighting over the land. I was the last person to cut a blade of grass in 4 years. Ain't been over there, don't want to. I'm sure it's a mess, and I'm sure those two Cases ain't ran since I ran em...

Sad.. that happens so often.

s-l400.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg

ovid-19-pandemic-monday-march-30-2020-in-yermo-calif-brandon-sloterimage-of-sport-via-ap-2BCBYJJ.jpg

I spent most of my formative years near the USMC Supply Center Barstow/Dagget/Yermo. During the Cold War my dad was a contractor and made a good bit of money building bomb shelters out there in what we considered the middle of F#$%ing nowhere. Now who is gonna bomb us way out here in the middle of the desert :realcrazy:. Later in my teens I found out that Barstow and the Supply center were #3 on the former Soviet Union's target list on the West Coast :wtf:. Ahhh supplies for the USMC in the Pacific, DING the little light in my head goes on. That's why Dad built all those basements :lol:

-
Back