Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just found this cool stereo receiver... Had one when I was younger and it stopped working... It really cranks, now I can listen to music like I did back in the good 'ol days... Even has the remote control... :D

.003% total harmonic distortion at 110 watts....
Guitar.gif
upload_2018-12-16_10-31-48.gif
Rock.gif

s-l1600.jpg

Well, I have a bag packed and a few other things ready. Big pile of stuff near the car ready to play 'Parts Tetris' :lol:

Best part of the day the Duster started on the first key turn! It cranked a bit, but I thought for sure it would need a shot of starter fluid. And, the reason I started it - a 3 speed wiper motor I had sitting here tested perfect. So that just went way up in value. :thumbsup: The connecting wires need some insulation work, but so did the original on my car...

Lower radiator hose spring.... should it fit snugly into the new hose? The one I received does not fit snug / screw in as I've read referenced in other threads

HOLY CRAP this thread is still alive! I hope all your Mopar Maniacs are doing well. Life is great for me way down South! My old Scamp was recently sold and now resides out in California. I've been waiting for the new owner to maybe join this site so I can keep tabs on it, just in case I may ever want it back. Its sold for a whopping $22k which I think is just crazy. Anyways, this is just a drive by, take care all my friends I still think of you all and see some of you on FB.

Parting shots of a Sailfish (80ish lbs) I caught back in Feb and my backyard yesterday.
Sailfish2.1.22.jpg
IMG_20220713_091001314_HDR.jpg

P2020068.JPG

HOLY CRAP this thread is still alive! I hope all your Mopar Maniacs are doing well. Life is great for me way down South! My old Scamp was recently sold and now resides out in California. I've been waiting for the new owner to maybe join this site so I can keep tabs on it, just in case I may ever want it back. Its sold for a whopping $22k which I think is just crazy. Anyways, this is just a drive by, take care all my friends I still think of you all and see some of you on FB.

Parting shots of a Sailfish (80ish lbs) I caught back in Feb and my backyard yesterday.
View attachment 1715955881 View attachment 1715955882

View attachment 1715955880
Wow!

Almost packed. Some longer pieces that will go across the top to go in yet. Not sure if all will fit... Will see after Rodney brings manifold and carb. Plus cold stuff yet in the AM right before I leave. Can get a good bit in, but it ain't the Magnum...

Lower radiator hose spring.... should it fit snugly into the new hose? The one I received does not fit snug / screw in as I've read referenced in other threads
I think they usually are snug. But, I don't think it will matter as long as it's pretty close. It's just to keep from collapsing.

I think they usually are snug. But, I don't think it will matter as long as it's pretty close. It's just to keep from collapsing.
Been years since I've seen a hose come with a spring. Make your own or reuse- Just there in case the hose starts to collapse. The new materials and construction are good enoughthe spring isn't needed. If its good enough for Carroll Smith its good enough for me.
For those not in the know, Not much automotive is good enough for Carrol Smith!

Great to hear from ya, glad you guys are alive! We still miss your annual BBQ!

Looks like you all had a great time in the parking lot of the hotel! I sure was jealous and wished I was there. The BBQ memories came up on my FB timeline and I shed a tear thinking of all the fun and good friends.
Not a lot has changed, mostly the same cast of deviants and characters. We get together drink our weight in Bourbon or beer and tell lies about fast cars slow women and great dogs!

Hey Ramie! Glad you stopped by!

Dang, I need to get out and wash up my hood and fenders and take some pics. They really need to go to a swap meet for sale but may be someone fairly close will want them. I can always hang the hood on the garage wall for some art. The fenders are the originals off my Swinger and the hood came from Minnesota and the scoops from it are on my car.

20220714_173558.jpg

Dang, I need to get out and wash up my hood and fenders and take some pics. They really need to go to a swap meet for sale but may be someone fairly close will want them. I can always hang the hood on the garage wall for some art. The fenders are the originals off my Swinger and the hood came from Minnesota and the scoops from it are on my car.

View attachment 1715955889

Fender on each side of a desk and wire up the headlights.

Looks like you just tossed them towards the drainage ditch out back.

If you leave now and drive like Tim :steering:, you could have them at Carlisle for sale tomorrow morning.:thumbsup:

One of those days... Wife and I went down to check the slow burn we have going at the far end of our property. On the way back the lithium batteries go dead on the golf cart. Little workout we push it the last 100 yeads to the back porch.
I got no power and now the battery charger isn't charging.
Cheryl takes off soon after for an overnight women's lawyer conference 100 miles down the road. Rolls on in there and calls me. AC isn't working right, and a strange warning light lit up on the dash, but she's made it to the conference. I told her to call the local Toyota dealer which she did. I called my buddy retired from Toyota. Both said alternator. She had the car towed to the dealer and will be fixed and ready by noon tomorrow.
I started looking for a battery charger. Looking at the internet and what the dealer had given me I realize the charger is for regular batteries and not lithium. I've been using it for over a year. So, I did a quick search and found my written sales receipt.
I call and get the owner who I dealt with when I bought it. I explain I bought it from him a year ago, the charger is dead and felt it is the wrong charger. He asked for pictures of the batteries and charger. He called back shocked because that was not the charger I was supposed to get. Yep, thought so. Again, he asked if that is what he gave me. Yep, I even have your written receipt...pause oh ok.
So new set of batteries and a new charger. I though am the one who has to take it to him 80 miles away. Not too happy about that part.
One of those day it will all work out and tomorrow ought to be a better day!!

One of those days... Wife and I went down to check the slow burn we have going at the far end of our property. On the way back the lithium batteries go dead on the golf cart. Little workout we push it the last 100 yeads to the back porch.
Cheryl takes off soon after for an overnight women's lawyer conference 100 miles down the road. Rolls on in there and calls me. AC isn't working right, and a strange warning light lit up on the dash, but she's made it to the conference. I told her to call the local Toyota dealer which she did. I called my buddy retired from Toyota. Both said alternator. She had the car towed to the dealer and will be fixed and ready by noon tomorrow.
I started looking for a battery charger. Looking at the internet and what the dealer had given me I realize the charger is for regular batteries and not lithium. I've been using it for over a year. So, I did a quick search and found my written sales receipt.
I call and get the owner who I dealt with when I bought it. I explain I bought it from him a year ago, the charger is dead and felt it is the wrong charger. He asked for pictures of the batteries and charger. He called back shocked because that was not the charger I was supposed to get. Yep, thought so. Again, he asked if that is what he gave me. Yep, I even have your written receipt...pause oh ok.
So new set of batteries and a new charger. I though am the one who has to take it to him 80 miles away. Not too happy about that part.
Tomorrow is always better. Then tomorrow becomes today and that's when...:eek:
Well, at least it wasn't a boring day!

But you get a new set of batteries..that has to count for something.

I thought she retired

-
Back