Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Evening all. Spent the day providing burial rites to a fallen Congresswoman. Gotta meet several Congressmen albeit briefly, but the best part was working these two clowns alongside our counterparts from the Old Guard from Arlington who performed the 21 gun salute

View attachment 1715968958

So you were horsing around today.... :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

electric car1.jpg

If you wanted to use an insert, put epoxy on it before installing. Shouldnt ever leak.
I'm leaning toward weld a nut inside or similar.

it might make more sense in the short run to use the rusty pan.
I wish he had brazed a patch on it rather than just filled the hole.

Waddya all think?
Exterior
upload_2022-8-11_18-11-47.png

upload_2022-8-11_18-13-16.png

upload_2022-8-11_18-9-9.png

Interior
upload_2022-8-11_18-7-13.png

upload_2022-8-11_18-8-18.png

H'm. if that is a plan, then maybe I have nothing to loose by trying a double overside or thripple oversize before removing that pan.

I'm leaning toward weld a nut inside or similar.

it might make more sense in the short run to use the rusty pan.
I wish he had brazed a patch on it rather than just filled the hole.

Waddya all think?
Exterior
View attachment 1715968996

View attachment 1715968997

View attachment 1715968995

Interior
View attachment 1715968993

View attachment 1715968994

I put a drain plug in a auto trans pan. Welded a nut on the inside and drilled a hole through it. Worked great. I would braze it if I had the torch.

Crummy day here too ! Went to start the duster, no start , changed all the ballast resistors , chrome box, still nothing , put an old coil on it ( jerry rigged ) not the same ends . Off a ford ...lol , But she fired up .

Long day.
Legs are giving up alltogether. Stairs are almost impossible. Worst now is turning over at night. Its easier to get out of bed to turn over. I did roughly 1 mile walk uphill and downhill.
Im done, want to go home..

In like manner no car stuff today just packing parts in trailer for next load down South. Holy Smokes I got a bunch of crap. I was loading 2x6-14ft on the trailer thinking to myself how I used to just cut lumber up and burn it when I moved last time. Not this time, I am shipping every scrap! Be smart Craig on the running thing. I would argue you are not 100% yet, and I know for a fact once the whistle blows you will give 110%. It is healing from outside in giving the illusion it is healed when in reality it is still easy to tear again. Ask me how I know! I did get my fancy State Champion buckle today so it now adorns one of my rigs! Woo Hoo!

View attachment 1715968926
Hey, the shiny buckle looks great proud of you!! Two years in a row that has to make you smile a long time.
I'll pace myself. I think the leg problems were caused by the softball shoes I was wearing.
We play on a dirt infield hard as a rock. I had a leg problem both last year and this year playing outside.
I played indoor wearing tennis shoes last winter no problems.
I just got a new pair of turf shoes and ditched the cleats. I can tell the difference the last couple days think I figured it out.

Robbie Coltrane, Don Garlits, and the 331 Chrysler Hemi. The 3 are very famous! Start at 17.26 for the Hemi action.

I told her the car color, engine color and gave her free reign to do them as she saw fit.

Wow, you all rock!!!

Stephen, you have a P.M. with lots more but here's this in case you read here first. I hope you love them!!! That traditional Weiand texture was absolutely undeniable on this set; I had to USE IT.
20220811_171129.jpg

Your Corporate Blue is now on steroids, the metallic silver will tie in with your intake, and the bodies were finished in the wrinkle you mentioned liking.

20220811_171512.jpg

20220806_143413.jpg

I went with an Old School style tribute to the company's history on the logos against flat black. It was actually going to be my first ever gold leaf, 23 karat !!! ... but I chickened out and feel I need more practice on finishing techniques first.
20220811_171628.jpg

And then you could send it to Leanna for powder coating, she does amazing work on manifolds, well most ever thing really!

Thank you for the wonderful plug!!

It's out there in Wolfies neighborhood outside Philly.

4 hours from here. Kinda makes it not a deal

Thanks for at least thinking about it! (Direct shipping from Pennsylvania vs. 8 hours in gas is probably close.) Perhaps I can entice you a bit :rolleyes: ...
20220525_133426.jpg

Thank you all for the kind mentions!! I wouldn't be here without your support.

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Last edited:
Wow, you all rock!!!

Stephen, you have a P.M. with lots more but here's this in case you read here first. I hope you love them!!! That traditional Weiand texture was absolutely undeniable on this set; I had to USE IT.
View attachment 1715969077

Your Corporate Blue is now on steroids, the metallic silver will tie in with your intake, and the bodies were finished in the wrinkle you mentioned liking.

View attachment 1715969078

I went with an Old School style tribute to the company's history on the logos against flat black.
View attachment 1715969079

Thanks for at least thinking about it! (Direct shipping from Pennsylvania vs. 8 hours in gas is probably close.) Perhaps I can entice you a bit :rolleyes: ... View attachment 1715969089

Oh boy.....

That right there is purdy...

Gotta get it running right first but would love to figure out some ways to take the engine up a notch.....

Wow, you all rock!!!

I went with an Old School style tribute to the company's history on the logos against flat black.

Thanks for at least thinking about it! (Direct shipping from Pennsylvania vs. 8 hours in gas is probably close.) Perhaps I can entice you a bit :rolleyes: ... View attachment 1715969089

Wow, those Weiands really pop!

Wow, you all rock!!!

From what i have seen, your work is second to none!! Maybe some day..

Wow, you all rock!!!

View attachment 1715969148

I went with an Old School style tribute to the company's history on the logos against flat black. It was actually going to be my first ever gold leaf, 23 karat !!! ... but I chickened out and feel I need more practice on finishing techniques first.

Beautiful!!! :thumbsup:

Robbie Coltrane, Don Garlits, and the 331 Chrysler Hemi. The 3 are very famous! Start at 17.26 for the Hemi action.

They had one of those old Hemis on top of Trenton Engine still in 2004 for a siren and tore it out and scrapped it...

There were many people who wanted to buy it, but they don't allow that...

Morning folks

Friday is upon us....

Actually was able to shut off the AC and open windows last night. A comfortable 61° now

-
Back