Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
short rant....if they magical day comes where everyone needs to go to work (not "work" from home) there will be a ton of 2yrold temper tantrums. I wish I could get all my house chores done while on the clock...

Rant done

short rant....if they magical day comes where everyone needs to go to work (not "work" from home) there will be a ton of 2yrold temper tantrums. I wish I could get all my house chores done while on the clock...

Rant done
Is that a shot at me for my post?

Mine too. When I was a kid workin' at the Chevron station, I had money in the bank, my Ranchero to drive, and school to keep me out of trouble mostly. My folks always got the Sunday LA Times on Saturdays, when the Sunday edition was 4" thick at the news stand. Had a great classified ad section.
I'm readin' the classifieds and find a '39 or '40 Willys Coupe for not a lot of $$. "Hey Dad! Look at this!" I knew he was a hot rodder and '40 Fords were real high on his list. That vintage, the Willys and Ford coupes were so similar lookin' to me, either one would do for me. My folks had a commercial property they rented out and part of that yard they had some of their things stored. I'm thinkin' that '63 Merc wagon with the 430, auto, and 9" was a good hot rod donor, it was parked for electrical reasons. "You're not puttin' one of those ugly SOBs in my garage!" was his response to my finding the Willys in the paper :rofl:
Things sure changed over the years. lol

Is that a shot at me for my post?
No, it is all the people that take days to reply to work emails. If they would ever have to come to work and do their jobs, it is going to cause nervous breakdowns.

No, it is all the people that take days to reply to work emails. If they would ever have to come to work and do their jobs, it is going to cause nervous breakdowns.
Okay, just seemed that way due to the timing.

We don’t have that problem here. Usually response is within minutes to a few hours if in meetings or whatever.

The people I struggle to get answers from are the techs and their sups on site. It can take weeks. Even when I go find them and sit them down, half the time I can’t get answers.

My sister works for a job placement facility. The amount of people that complain to her because she can’t get them a job working from home, or a job that offers safe spaces. They request jobs that allows them to not be contained to a desk because it hinders their creativity and allows no time for them to plan out their life goals. I told her I couldn’t do her job I’d get fired for opening my mouth.

Okay, just seemed that way due to the timing.

We don’t have that problem here. Usually response is within minutes to a few hours if in meetings or whatever.

The people I struggle to get answers from are the techs and their sups on site. It can take weeks. Even when I go find them and sit them down, half the time I can’t get answers.
Sorry Chris. No not directed at you......BUT I struggle with a situation where people working from home can't get answers from the techs or Sups who are at work. Maybe if everyone just went to work, like before 2020, we call all get our answers and get **** done.

My sister works for a job placement facility. The amount of people that complain to her because she can’t get them a job working from home, or a job that offers safe spaces. They request jobs that allows them to not be contained to a desk because it hinders their creativity and allows no time for them to plan out their life goals. I told her I couldn’t do her job I’d get fired for opening my mouth.
I was in the auto parts business for 25 years. Independent Auto parts stores, as an owner, with walk-in customers and deliveries. Obviously that job cannot be done from home. But I will say that I still had 40 children/ employees at three locations to deal with on a daily basis. Glad, very glad I don't have those issues anymore. Lol

Sorry Chris. No not directed at you......BUT I struggle with a situation where people working from home can't get answers from the techs or Sups who are at work. Maybe if everyone just went to work, like before 2020, we call all get our answers and get **** done.
I hear ya. I’m on site 3 days a week, sometimes 5. If I couldn’t telework, I’d never get any reports done whatsoever due to the constant fire wrangling.

Well that’s kind of what to expect once they let that cat out of the bag. Last report I saw from the DoL was that roughing 68 percent of all jobs in the US could be done remotely. And I think those are the jobs you’re gonna see AI targeting

I hear ya. I’m on site 3 days a week, sometimes 5. If I couldn’t telework, I’d never get any reports done whatsoever due to the constant fire wrangling.
People say that here also. What did everyone do before Covid? Somehow it all got done. Less meetings, less reports. Discussions were had and decisions made. Too much wasted time with half the workforce offsite.

People also refuse to acknowledge the raise/bonus they got by working from home. Fuel, wear and tear, child care, home chores, flexibility in their schedule, work anywhere there is internet and the saving commuting to and from. Those going to work didn't get bonuses or raises. Nothing changed, just the same work agreement that was made for everyone long before COVID. and less answers but more meetings.

Oh, and we wore masks 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week for 2 years.

100% agree... expectation of teleworking or remote employees is that the level of responsiveness is equal to that of when you are in the office/ shop...

:rofl: Remember, for an erection lasting 4 hours call the neighbor lady. Don't call the doctor. He can't do anything to help! :rofl::rofl:

Al Roker said it best, "If I have an erection that last more then 4 hours, I'll tell every damn body!" LOL

Took Ocean out for a walk. She found some burrs . Like 50 tiny ones. Tbis going to be no fun.

THEIR WEBSITE SUCKS AS DOES THEIR SEARCH FUNCTION. i DON'T SEE IT LISTED ANY MORE. :BangHead: :BangHead:
I cant imagine a website that SUX more than this one. I try to scroll down a page back reading, whatever, and the box pops up "PAGE NOT RESONDING" options are click [WAIT] repeatedly or [CLOSE THE PAGE].​
Yall don't realize that even the animated emojis you attach to your post slow my browser/connection here. No fault of yours. OK 2, 3, 4, 5, instead of just 1 of them is your fault.​
I bought a 2010 RAM truck back in June and I have spent several hours browsing a RAM forum, WITHOUT ISSUE!​
Although I'm not making things happen quickly, I do look forward to the day that I sell the last A-body and leave this aggravation permanently.​

:wtf: I wouldn’t last an hour

Damn, I poured myself a couple drams, took the bottles downstairs, and now I forgot what I poured. It is really good and I may want more later. :BangHead: :rofl:

Well boys and girls looks like tomorrow morning going down to 28* so I guess that's gonna be frost for the first time this fall.
Reeled in my hose and drained it and now put away till spring. UH!!! Garden hose not my hose. Well it is my hose just the other hose?? Never mind.

-
Back