Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Congrats, you will miss it and only remember the good times. You won’t miss sitting in the chair looking down at your boots thinking I don’t want to put these on! You are not going to believe how busy you will become.
Thank you. I am looking forward to staying busy even if it means sitting in my garage polishing tools for most of the day, with a smile on my face!

Time for a toddy. I got the shower working. Strange, I had to cut the spout off because it was too long and it wouldn't thread onto the pipe. I test fit it and it was close to touching the shower wall. I pulled it off and put some thread sealant (not teflon tape) and when I screwed it on it was 3/4" from touching leaving a ugly gap and no way could I turn it another turn . WTF !!

Time for a toddy. I got the shower working. Strange, I had to cut the spout off because it was too long and it wouldn't thread onto the pipe. I test fit it and it was close to touching the shower wall. I pulled it off and put some thread sealant (not teflon tape) and when I screwed it on it was 3/4" from touching leaving a ugly gap and no way could I turn it another turn . WTF !!
Picture?

All the spouts nowdays are designed for a threaded stub 1/2" exposed. My old Delta had a 3 1/2" pipe exposed. I was afraid to try to unscrew the pipe from the valve in the wall.

agree with what you are saying, me and plumbing, it would unthread, not screw back in and the threads would be rusted thru and leak...

Plumbing can be a *****.
put the pipe in
I pull it out again
My back is so sore
I can't work much more.
Laying pipe isn't always fun.
Wish I had an answer for you Mike.

I have a drain trap to replace in the basement tomorrow. 50 year old chrome split and leaks. It gets PVC.

Plumbing can be a *****.
put the pipe in
I pull it out again
My back is so sore
I can't work much more.
Laying pipe isn't always fun.
Wish I had an answer for you Mike.
Yes, sore back. I have one of those seats for the shower so I used that. That helps.

So if I understand correctly. You did a dry fit and it came close to the wall. You unscrewed it applied some kind of thread sealer and now it won't go in as far? What did you put on the threads.

So if I understand correctly. You did a dry fit and it came close to the wall. You unscrewed it applied some kind of thread sealer and now it won't go in as far? What did you put on the threads.
Exactly, just some of that pipe thread sealant. Grey colored cream stuff out of a small squeeze tube.

:BangHead: Cheers Mike but Damit was hoping it would work.

Sitting down for a minute finally. Fridge was down to one onion and a jar of martini olives.... so grocery shopping was mandatory. I like going late but.dont like that the meat and seafood counters are closed. I have enough to get through the week now.

-
Back