Stop in for a drink.

-
@68original Looks like there is 4 this year. I just paid $133 with tax for a 2021-03 today. (not from Conoco) Ouch!
I had to uncork it though. It has a great dark fruit nose. Sweet on the palate right away followed by a rye blast and then a Kentucky hug that fades away. It has a medium long finish of dark fruits with just a hint of astringent taste. A few min after my sip I still can taste sweet dark fruits. It's 127.3 proof that drinks like a 100+ proofer. Dang, I need to get busy and let you know when your bottle will arrive.

bookers-2021-03-bardstown-batch.jpeg

bookers-2021-04-noe-strangers-batch.jpeg

Last edited:
@68original Looks like there is 4 this year. I just paid $133 with tax for a 2021-03 today. (not from Conoco) Ouch!
I had to uncork it though. It has a great dark fruit nose. Sweet on the palate right away followed by a rye blast and then a Kentucky hug that fades away. It has a medium long finish of dark fruits with just a hint of astringent taste. A few min after my sip I still can taste sweet dark fruits. It's 127.3 proof that drinks like a 100+ proofer. Dang, I need to get busy and let you know when your bottle will arrive.

View attachment 1715798278

View attachment 1715798279

Sounds nice...

I'm going slower tonight with a local IPA. Not super hoppy but has that bit of bitter and citrus in there coming in at a comfortable 6.3 ABV

Sounds nice...

I'm going slower tonight with a local IPA. Not super hoppy but has that bit of bitter and citrus in there coming in at a comfortable 6.3 ABV
I need to brew a IPA or 2. I haven't yet. May be in the spring. Octoberfest is next and then Chocolate Orange Stout (for around the holidays)

barleys-choc-orange-stout-beer_logo-600x600.jpg

DD1ABD90-AD7A-4B3F-98E1-A62A187F0C6E.jpeg

Small celebration tonight. Haven't had a huge amount of time to mess with the car with the new place and new job... today I was looking at the brakes again. I knew there were issues when I bought the car... prior owner had a bungee cord holding the brake pedal forward so the brake lights wouldn't come on.. I am dangerous with my wrench turning skills but I went up under the dash to take a look. Turns out they apparently never adjusted the push rod to firm up the pedal ...

Bungee cord removed and a test drive conducted.

What sort of volume do you produce in a batch of beer?
The Octoberfest will be a 2 gallon batch. My last Chocolate Orange Stout was so good I decided to brew 4 gallons this time. Never more than 5 gallons and I bottle. I do have a few small kegs and Co2 but that is good for summer lagers or wheat that you will drink quick. Stout's get better with age. I have enjoyed some as old as 6 months. They just seem to get better. (up to a point)

Chocolate orange stout.jpg6.jpg

Is this where we go after an afternoon of sorta progress?

My "over ripe banana" '66 Dart GT sputtered on some fuel to the carb. It was bought on a hunch/good feeling with clean dip sticks and the look of honest miles on the odo, 87,***.

A nail file to the points, fuel to the carb, noise and smoke for a moment... tomorrow, maybe movement. For now, Bell's Two Hearted' Ale.

My "over ripe banana" '66 Dart GT sputtered on some fuel to the carb. It was bought on a hunch/good feeling with clean dip sticks and the look of honest miles on the odo, 87,***.

A nail file to the points, fuel to the carb, noise and smoke for a moment... tomorrow, maybe movement. For now, Bell's Two Hearted' Ale.
Welcome. Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Local craft beer?

This, Sir, is where gentlemen gather to enjoy spiritous liquors and well brewed beers.

Bourbon is the poison of choice but all are welcome:lol:

Howdy @Gearfinger ... and even if your day is absolute shiiiiit, this is a good place to hang

:welcome:

This, Sir, is where gentlemen gather to enjoy spiritous liquors and well brewed beers.

Bourbon is the poison of choice but all are welcome:lol:

Howdy @Gearfinger ... and even if your day is absolute shiiiiit, this is a good place to hang

:welcome:
CHeers to that.

The Octoberfest will be a 2 gallon batch. My last Chocolate Orange Stout was so good I decided to brew 4 gallons this time. Never more than 5 gallons and I bottle. I do have a few small kegs and Co2 but that is good for summer lagers or wheat that you will drink quick. Stout's get better with age. I have enjoyed some as old as 6 months. They just seem to get better. (up to a point)

View attachment 1715798317

I am a fan of Stouts

What I found is that in the most wartorn shitholes on earth, the first inkling of civilization you might find is an Irishman with a gravity fed keg of Guiness.

I am a fan of Stouts

What I found is that in the most wartorn shitholes on earth, the first inkling of civilization you might find is an Irishman with a gravity fed keg of Guiness.
Sounds like quite a story. Love my stouts. Here's Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout. Smooth and creamy!

Stickey Wicket Oatmeal Stout 12-2020.jpgb.jpg

-
Back